Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Houston LODD

jamo1
    Firehouse.com Guest

The Liberty Fire Dept. sends their sympathy to the families and fellow firefighters of Kimberly Smith and Lewis Mayo. You are in our prayers and thoughts.

craig7404
    Firehouse.com Guest

The Officers and Members of the Harmony VFD express their condolances to the families and members of the Houston FD on the loss of our fellow Texas firefighters. Our prayers are with ya'll.

------------------
    Good Luck And Be Safe
    Captain
    Craig Lambert
    Harmony Consolidated
    Volunteer Fire Department

pacormier
    Firehouse.com Guest

The news of two fallen heroes hit very hard, especially since it was around the corner from my home. Not only do thoughts and prayers go out to friends and relatives but my "hat" is taken off to Kim and Lewis and thank both of you (and all who put your lives on the line for me everyday) for putting your lives before mine! God Bless!

morriss
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

On behalf of the members of the Orange, Virginia Volunteer Fire Company #23, I send our heartfelt prayers and condolences to the members of the Houston Fire Department and to the families of the fallen firefighters. God Bless!

NRadford
    Firehouse.com Guest

I would like to extend my deepest sympathy to the family, friends, brothers and sisters of Lewis Mayo and Kimberly Smith. My prayers are with each of you as you deal with this tragic loss.

Sincerely,
    Neal Radford
    Conroe Fire Department
    Coroe, Texas

[This message has been edited by NRadford (edited February 14, 2000).]

abrabble
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

To the families of Mr. Mayo and Ms. Smith.I wish I had the words to ease the pain and comfort you durring this time. I can only offer my sincere prayers that God will comfort you. Be Strong and Be Proud that your loved one was the brave and carring individual that he and she was. Let's not forget the gentalman Ms. Smith was engaged to. My prayers include you also my friend.
    Take time to reflect on all of the good times. We will all shed tears with you. May God Bless you all.

Andrew J. Brabble/EMT-D
    Colerain Volunteer Rescue Squad
    Colerain, NC

Captstanm
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

It is with deep regret that I must sit and write another message here to express condolences for the loss of a brother and sister firefighter. I was saddened to read the new of yet another tragedy. To the members of the Houston Fire Dept and the families of the lost firefighters I express deepest sympathy as well as great love. You have lost a loved one who has sacraficed his/her life while protecting others. Greater love has no man or woman than to lay down thier life so that others may live. As we still recover from that tragic losses that have struck our firefighting family in the past 3 months our hearts, prayers and sympathy go out to u.

Stan and Karen Mettinger
    Trey and Ryan Mettinger
    (a firefighting family in virginia)

dmwilliams
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

To the members of the Houston Fire Department. Words will never express the sorrow we share with you. God bless each and everyone. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.
    Donnie Williams Chief
    Cool Branch Vol. Fire Co.
    Penhook VA

Matt Barna
    Firehouse.com Guest

My sincere condolences to the firefighters and families of the fallen of HFD. I share your grief with many friends that are Houston firefighters and I offer this prayer in hope that it may provide some comfort in this time of loss and sorrow.

Dear Lord,

Our Father of infinite mercy and comfort, You who has pity upon all, make us feel your presence even as we pray.

And O how grateful we are to come to the shelter of Your love in prayer, dear Father. For we do not need to tell you how sad and lonely we are, for we are sure that you must know all about it. We are sure you have shared our tears and heartache.

Yet even in our misery, dear Father, we have known that our comfort and cheer would be to confide in You through prayer. We thank you for this privilege, dear Father, and we are only sorry that we have so often neglected to take advantage of it.

Please, loving Father, help us to overcome our sorrow and sadness in the loss of our brother and sister. Help us to realize that only in You is true happiness to be found. Strengthen our faith, dear Father, so that we may rejoice in Your love.

Teach us that sorrow is only for a minute but Your joy is eternal. Teach us to turn to the comfort of our daily tasks that time may heal our troubles. Help us to share the sadness of others so that our own sadness may be shared and lightened.

Even this little prayer has made us more cheerful, dear Father. We feel we have come closer to You than we have been for such a long time and for the first time we truly begin to see a little of the light of happiness once more.

Be near the families of the fallen, Father, and comfort them with your loving kindness. Let them gain strength and comfort from the love and prayers of many they will never meet.

Father you know that when a brother or sister dies a little part of us dies with them. Help us to keep the memory of the lives of the ones that have gone before us in our hearts to strengthen us and to help us become better people, better servants, better firefighters.

Give us the strength to answer the call again Father, whatever it may be, to trust in You knowing that You are right there beside us to protect and guide us into the next moment, beyond the present, that only You can see.

In Jesus name,

Amen

Matt Barna
    Cy-Fair Volunteer Fire Department

[This message has been edited by Matt Barna (edited February 14, 2000).]

chrisf
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

Our thoughts and prayers are with everyone in this great time of sorrow.

------------------
    Christopher Faltisko
    Captain / A-EMT-I

TASK FORCE 5
    Firehouse.com Guest

The Modesto Firefights IAFF 1289 would like to extened our most sincere condolences to the families of the two fallen firefighters, and to the Houston Firefighters.
    May God Bless each of you.

------------------
    TASK FORCE 5
    "THE MIDTOWN MADDOGS"

wlfpuplvsffs
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

Just want to send my condolences to the families and Fire Dept. of the two fallen ff's today. I live in Fountain Valley a block away from one of our fire stations. As I drove by this afternoon I noticed their flag at half-staff..a very sad sight to see...Just know they are in a better place
    God Bless...

[This message has been edited by wlfpuplvsffs (edited February 14, 2000).]

Skee523
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

MY CONDOLANCES
    I hope that all know that in this time of mourning we must stick side-by-side. No matter how hard we try to do everything right, things will happen that test us. I know that our fallen brethren will always be remembered and are truly in a better place.

------------------
    Robert Trowbridge
    skee523@cybertron.com

twkick
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

It is with a heavy heart that I extend my deepest sympath to the family, friends, and fellow firefighters of the Houston Fire Department. You all are in my thoughts and prayers. May the Lord comfort you during your time of grief. God bless Engineer Mayo and Firefighter Smith.

Tom Kickler
    Laurens County EMS & Fire Department
    Laurens, South Carolina

Fyredog
    Firehouse.com Guest

It is with great sadness that I extend the condolences of the Port Byron Fire Department to the members and family of the Houston Firefighters lost in what is quickly becoming a very tragic year. Our hearts go out to you and our prayers are with you.

Captain Mike Poel
    Port Byron Fire Department, Il

MARK AKINS
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

To our brothers and sisters in Houston Texas and to the families of E/O Lewis Mayo III
    and familiy of Firefighter Kimberly Smith,
    On behalf of IAFF Local 3920 Please accept our deepest and most profound sympathy and our prayers for all of you and the members of the Houston Fire Department. May GOD wrap you all in his loving arms and ease your pain at this time of sorrow and depth of loss. You all will remain in our thoughts and prayers.
    Mark Akins, President
    IAFF Local 3920
    Fulton County Ga. Professional Firefighters

knewburn
    Firehouse.com Guest

It is truly a tragic loss for the families of firefighters Smith and Mayo as well as the entire Houston Fire Department.We here at the Bullard Volunteer Fire Department wish to extend our deepest sympathies and condolences to everyone whom was close to this Brave brother and sister at arms.May they be proud as we strive to carry on.
    With Deepest Sympathies,Lt.Keith Newburn
    for the the Bullard Volunteer Fire Department

Eric E. Baird
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

In this terrible time we once again weep for our fallen brothers. I was at the scene in Worcester, Ma. for many days and it will be in my memories for ever. My deepest condolences to the Professinal Firefighters of Houston TX. They died doing what they love. God Bless you both, we know you are watching over us tonight as we answer the bells. Rest easy brothers we will never forget your courage and determination.

myanelli
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

This is from all of us at The Geronimo Village Volunteer Fire Department.

We mourn your loss and we will grieve with you. May both of your firefighters now be up in Heaven fighting fires with the rest of all out fallen comrades that have died this past year.

Mike Yanelli
    Firefighter
    Geronimo Village Volunteer
    Fire Depoatment
    San Antonio, Texas

engr2869
    Firehouse.com Guest

thought and prayers from brothers in posen illinois.

Thread Information