Thread: Houston LODD

TASK FORCE 5
    Firehouse.com Guest

The Modesto Firefights IAFF 1289 would like to extened our most sincere condolences to the families of the two fallen firefighters, and to the Houston Firefighters.
    May God Bless each of you.

------------------
    TASK FORCE 5
    "THE MIDTOWN MADDOGS"

wlfpuplvsffs
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

Just want to send my condolences to the families and Fire Dept. of the two fallen ff's today. I live in Fountain Valley a block away from one of our fire stations. As I drove by this afternoon I noticed their flag at half-staff..a very sad sight to see...Just know they are in a better place
    God Bless...

[This message has been edited by wlfpuplvsffs (edited February 14, 2000).]

Skee523
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

MY CONDOLANCES
    I hope that all know that in this time of mourning we must stick side-by-side. No matter how hard we try to do everything right, things will happen that test us. I know that our fallen brethren will always be remembered and are truly in a better place.

------------------
    Robert Trowbridge
    skee523@cybertron.com

twkick
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

It is with a heavy heart that I extend my deepest sympath to the family, friends, and fellow firefighters of the Houston Fire Department. You all are in my thoughts and prayers. May the Lord comfort you during your time of grief. God bless Engineer Mayo and Firefighter Smith.

Tom Kickler
    Laurens County EMS & Fire Department
    Laurens, South Carolina

Fyredog
    Firehouse.com Guest

It is with great sadness that I extend the condolences of the Port Byron Fire Department to the members and family of the Houston Firefighters lost in what is quickly becoming a very tragic year. Our hearts go out to you and our prayers are with you.

Captain Mike Poel
    Port Byron Fire Department, Il

MARK AKINS
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

To our brothers and sisters in Houston Texas and to the families of E/O Lewis Mayo III
    and familiy of Firefighter Kimberly Smith,
    On behalf of IAFF Local 3920 Please accept our deepest and most profound sympathy and our prayers for all of you and the members of the Houston Fire Department. May GOD wrap you all in his loving arms and ease your pain at this time of sorrow and depth of loss. You all will remain in our thoughts and prayers.
    Mark Akins, President
    IAFF Local 3920
    Fulton County Ga. Professional Firefighters

knewburn
    Firehouse.com Guest

It is truly a tragic loss for the families of firefighters Smith and Mayo as well as the entire Houston Fire Department.We here at the Bullard Volunteer Fire Department wish to extend our deepest sympathies and condolences to everyone whom was close to this Brave brother and sister at arms.May they be proud as we strive to carry on.
    With Deepest Sympathies,Lt.Keith Newburn
    for the the Bullard Volunteer Fire Department

Eric E. Baird
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

In this terrible time we once again weep for our fallen brothers. I was at the scene in Worcester, Ma. for many days and it will be in my memories for ever. My deepest condolences to the Professinal Firefighters of Houston TX. They died doing what they love. God Bless you both, we know you are watching over us tonight as we answer the bells. Rest easy brothers we will never forget your courage and determination.

myanelli
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

This is from all of us at The Geronimo Village Volunteer Fire Department.

We mourn your loss and we will grieve with you. May both of your firefighters now be up in Heaven fighting fires with the rest of all out fallen comrades that have died this past year.

Mike Yanelli
    Firefighter
    Geronimo Village Volunteer
    Fire Depoatment
    San Antonio, Texas

engr2869
    Firehouse.com Guest

thought and prayers from brothers in posen illinois.

resqrider
    Firehouse.com Guest

My greatest sympathy to the brothers and sisters of the Houston Fire Department for the tragic loss of two of their bravest. May God be with you all as well as the families of Brother Mayo and Sister Smith.

Brian K. Simmons
    Port Arthur Fire Fighter's Local #397

Frank Allen
    Firehouse.com Guest

Angry

The Firefighters of the Pindars Corners Fire department mourn the loss of a brother and sister firefighter who made the supreme sacrifice in service to thier community, department, themselves, and the Lord. Our most sincere prayers go out to thier families and department members.

MAY GOD NOW BE WITH YOU IN A BETTER PLACE

[This message has been edited by Frank Allen (edited February 15, 2000).]

paramic
    Firehouse.com Guest

Very tearful moments today. Thank You Kim and Lewis, for your sacrifice. "Greater love has no man than this, that he lay down his life for his friends." You will be missed. Your smiles and laughter will not be forgotten. HFD, you are the best! Continue to make us proud!!
    TX-1 DMAT Houston Division mourns with you!
    Mickey Wester Lic-P;FF;Chaplain
    Texas-1 Disaster Medical Assistance Team-Houston Division

[This message has been edited by paramic (edited February 15, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by paramic (edited February 15, 2000).]

srosier
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

From the Membership of the Harris County Firefighters Association, (Harris County, Texas) We offer our sympathy, and our assistance. We have dedicated a memorial on the Home Page of our website to our Fallen Brother and Sister. This can be found at http://www.hcffa.org

Rizz257
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

The Officers and Members of Heavy Rescue Co 1 of the Elmont FD in Elmont NY wish to express their condolences to the families of firefighters Lewis Mayo and Kim Smith.When a brother or a sister is taken from us this way it only means the supreme Chief needed them to do battle on a grander scale.Our prayers and thoughts will be with them and their families and also with the Houston FD in this time of sorrow.

Peter Rizzo 1 st Lt
    Heavy Rescue Co1
    Elmont FD Elmont NY

FireOz
    Firehouse.com Guest

It is with great shock that I have learned of the LODD's today. I met Kimberly Smith while I was in Houston several years ago, and always remember what a dedicated, caring firefighter that she was. My sympathies go out to her family, and the family of Engineer Mayo. Our thoughts are with you at this time of great sorrow. After a terrible year last year, we all had hoped that this year would be much better. Many people here in Victoria are still coming to terms with the loss of the crew of five from Geelong West, during the Linton Bushfire.

They have left their homes and loved ones to go forth and fight a greater battle.

------------------
    Kent Bedford
    former Volunteer Firefighter
    Victoria, Australia

DK522
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

God bless firefighters Mayo III and Smith. They gave the supreme sacrifice and are with God in a better place now. My deepest condolences to their families and my brother and sister firefighters. God bless us all.
    Sincerely,
    Dave Anderson
    Firefighter/Paramedic/Police Officer
    Palm Springs, FL

Sgt. Davis
    Firehouse.com Guest

Our Hearts go out to all the men and women of the Houston Fire Department.

Sincerely
    Bel Air Volunteer Fire Company

[This message has been edited by Sgt. Davis (edited February 15, 2000).]

kranehan
    Firehouse.com Guest

Condolences to all who knew these two brave firefighters

Hans Kranenburg
    Netherlands

Firefox4
    Firehouse.com Guest

Dothan Firefighters,Local 2528 wish to express their deepest sympathy and condolences to the Families and Department Members of the Houston Fire Department for the loss of FF Mayo and FF Smith.

Pete Webb

SCFD189
    Firehouse.com Guest

Sarasota County Emergency Services and myself want send our condolences to the familys and Houstn Fire Department for your loss.

Bob Snyder
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

Sincerest condolences to the families, friends and brother Houston firefighters from the officers, firefighters and families of the Mohnton Fire Company.

DaveC
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

It is with deep regret and tearfull sorrow that we lose more of AMERICA'S BRAVEST. My heart and prayers go out to all of you at the Houston,TX Fire Department and to the families of Lewis Mayo and Kim Smith. Since our loss last year I shed a tear everytime we lose a firefighter as a rememberance of Jeff and the pain you all are going through. May the good lord bless and watch over each and every one of you. You will all be remembered in our prayers.

AXMAN620
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

ON BEHALF OF ALL THE FIRE DEPT.S IN SOUTH EAST OHIO, SOUTHEAST OHIO EMS, GALLIA CO EMS AND MEIGS CO. EMS WE OFFER OUR DEEPEST CONDOLENCES TO THE BROTHERS, SISTERS AND FAMILIES OF OUR FALLEN WARRIORS. THERE ARE NO WORDS, THERE ARE NO DEEDS THAT CAN TAKE THIS PAIN AWAY BUT REMEMBER, WE ALL STAND TOGATHER, DRAWING STRENTGH FROM ONE ANATHER IN TIMES OF NEED.

------------------
    SEE YA' A'' @ THE BIG ONE!!!!!

[This message has been edited by AXMAN620 (edited February 15, 2000).]

TeeJay
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

On behalf of the Brookline, NH Fire Dept, I offer my sympathy and condolences to the families of Kimberly Smith and Lewis Mayo, her fiance, and their fellow firefighters of the Houston Fire Dept. May God bless you all in this time of sorrow and loss.

Thread Information