Thread: Houston LODD

Jake69
    Firehouse.com Guest

This loss has left yet another void in the heart of the fire service.

Thank you Kim and Lewis for your unselfish dedication to life and property.

May the lord hold you as close to his heart as you are to ours.

Scott Reichenbach
    IAFF Local F-221

Ledbelly
    Firehouse.com Guest

My deepest sympathy for the loss of Mayo and Smith to their families, friends and the Houston Fire Department. God Bless you all.

Lee Wise
    Capt.
    MFD

workingfire
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

On 2-14-00 two of our brothers and sisters gave the ultimate sacrifice doing what they loved and lived for. Local 3122 Belton, Mo Fire Dept sends our condolances to FF-Smith and Engineer-Mayo's families and local.

ST.JOHN15:13 "Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his freinds"

[This message has been edited by workingfire (edited February 15, 2000).]

IAFF 3165
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

the brothers & sisters of local 3165 wish to extend our deepest condolences for your loss. our prayers are with you and their families.

THEY WILL NOT BE FORGOTTEN!!

TRI-STATE FIREFIGHTERS UNION 3165.

JohnMarciniak
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

God bless the members of Local 341 in the loss of the fellow brother and sister. Our thoughts and prayers are with you

Jeff Daniel
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

MY condolences go out to the family and friends of Engineer/Operator Mayo and Fire Fighter Smith. My prayers go out to everyone of you

Thomas D.Sarosi
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

Dear Brother and Sister Firefighters of Texas.
    Your Loss of two of your own is felt with a heavy heart all over the world, although we can not be with you we share in your sorrow.
    3 years ago Feb 14 the city of Pittsburgh lost2 brothers and 1 sister to the beast and on your day of loss it brings back thoughts of our fallen friends. They are with the good Lord now sharing stories with all our fallen brothers and sisters. Remember they are well cared for now , with the Guys from Worester and Pittsburgh, and all our friends and comrads in Hose. God be with you and yours, our thoughts and prayers go to you as you continue to do what you love to do.

------------------
    Thomas D. Sarosi Jr.
    Firefighter/E.M.T.

Thomas D.Sarosi
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

Dear Brother and Sister Firefighters of Texas.
    Your Loss of two of your own is felt with a heavy heart all over the world, although we can not be with you we share in your sorrow.
    3 years ago Feb 14 the city of Pittsburgh lost2 brothers and 1 sister to the beast and on your day of loss it brings back thoughts of our fallen friends. They are with the good Lord now sharing stories with all our fallen brothers and sisters. Remember they are well cared for now , with the Guys from Worester and Pittsburgh, and all our friends and comrads in Hose. God be with you and yours, our thoughts and prayers go to you as you continue to do what you love to do.

------------------
    Thomas D. Sarosi Jr.
    Firefighter/E.M.T.

jsykora
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

Our hearts at Station 6 of the Cy-Fair Fire Department go out to families nad friends. Fellow firefighters, when we loose a firefighter be it in our department or in another we are touched in some way. God Bless all of you in our times of grief. Good Luck. .........Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

------------------
    Joe Sykora
    Firefighter
    Cy-Fair Fire Department, Texas

FF/EMT-P569
    Firehouse.com Guest

Our sincerest sympathies to our friends at Stations 76, 75, & 68 on the loss of your friends. Our prayers and hearts are with you.

Laura and Bill Mattson
    FF/RN, FF/EMT-P
    Cy-Fair VFD
    Houston

Horton5000
    Firehouse.com Guest

On this Valentine's Day when the Houston Fire Deparment is deep in sorrow,
    I'm very blessed that my firefighter came home and hopefully will again tomorrow.

They arrive to work each morning and that is where they stay,
    For a very long and hard struggling twenty-four hour day.

These firefighters eat, sleep and bond together so very tight,
    Even while we're at home safely in our beds each night.

When the bell goes off they immediately get up and run,
    Responding quickly to the scene to get their job done.

No time for questions when they finally arrive at the destination,
    Just wanting to complete the task so they can return safely to their station.

These courageous people risk their lives each and every day,
    While their loved one's are at home and pray that they are okay.

Firefighters have no guarantees for them to come home and walk through that door,
    So when they leave for work, hug and love him or her, like you've never done before.

michal mayfield
    Firehouse.com Guest

WE WOULD LIKE TO THANK ALL PERSONS WHO HAVE RESPONDED IN FORUM TO THE RECENT LODD IN THE HOUSTON FIRE DEPARTMENT IT MEANS A LOT TO THE ONES LEFT BEHIND AND TO US IN THE HOUSTON FIRE DEPARTMENT AS A WHOLE TO REALIZE HOW MUCH WE IN THE FIRE SERVICE ARE REALLY A FAMILY ALL AROUND THE WORLD. WE ALSO WOULD LIKE TO THANK OUR LEADERS FOR THEIR COMPASSION IN THIS DIFFICULT TIME. ONCE AGAIN THANK YOU FIREFIGHTERS FROM ALL OVER. STATION 7-D-shift HFD

[This message has been edited by michal mayfield (edited February 15, 2000).]

Bruce Compton
    Firehouse.com Guest

On behalf of the members of the La Porte Fire Dept. our prayers go out to our brothers and sisters in Houston. Whether paid carrier firefighters or volunteers, we do what we do for a mutual cause, understanding and willing to assume the risks. In our hearts, we share the pain of your loss and wish God's blessing on those who have fallen, their families, and HFD.

FDNY71-55
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

The Officers and Members of Engine 71 Ladder 55 wish to express their condolences to the families of firefighters Lewis Mayo and Kim Smith.When a brother or a sister is taken from us this way it only means the supreme Chief needed them to do battle on a grander scale.Our prayers and thoughts will be with them and their families and also with the Houston FD in this time of sorrow.

Firekoz
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

As a Houston native, I am grateful for the excellent service the Houston Fire Department provides and am saddened to hear of their terrible loss. My heart goes out to them and their families.

Shawn C. Koser
    Columbus Fire Department
    Columbus Ohio
    Local 67

[This message has been edited by Firekoz (edited February 15, 2000).]

Americas Heroes
    Firehouse.com Guest

From all of us at Dalmatian Productions, Inc., "America's Heroes: The Volunteers of Fire/Rescue" and "Fire! Rescue! Heroes!" our deepest condolences to the family, friends and comarades of FF Smith and FF Mayo. May their memories serve as an inspiration to all who knew them.

Thomas8127
    Firehouse.com Guest

As a member of the FDNY for 13 years, A LODD is always tough but it is double when you lose 2 brothers and sisters. My thoughts and prayers are with the families of these fine firefighters and with the Houston FD. God Bless you all.

TWMAN01
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

HFD STATION 72C, CLEAR LAKE OPERATION SENDS ITS DEEPEST CONDOLENCES TO THE FAMILIES OF OUR FELLOW BROTHER AND SISTER FIRE FIGHTER... THEY LOST THEIR LIVES PROTECTING THE CITIZENS AND THE PROPERTY OF OUR FAIR CITY...

MDK
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

To all of the Families, co-workers, and friends of the two Houston Firefifgters who lost their lives, I want to express my sincere condolences. Having watched what my friend, a Worcester Firefifgter, went through during their loss, I know that these are very difficult times. Please know that the thoughts and prayers of the entire Fire Service are with you.

Mike Kalette
    East Hartford, Ct. Fire Dpaetment
    IAFF Local 1548

MDK
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

To all of the Families, co-workers, and friends of the two Houston Firefifgters who lost their lives, I want to express my sincere condolences. Having watched what my friend, a Worcester Firefifgter, went through during their loss, I know that these are very difficult times. Please know that the thoughts and prayers of the entire Fire Service are with you.

Mike Kalette
    East Hartford, Ct. Fire Department
    IAFF Local 1548

Scott LaPrade
    Firehouse.com Guest

Thank you for being apart of our profession.
    May God be with you and your family, and your brother/sister firefighters you leave behind. Say hi to all the other firefighters in heaven and keep a watchful eye over the rest of us. Be our guiding light.
    Scott LaPrade
    Leominster Ma (firefighter)
    Local 1841

------------------

R. Cook
    Firehouse.com Guest

Lightbulb

The Firefighters and families of the Seabrook Volunteer Fire Department mourn the loss of the fellow brother and sister firefighters Lewis Mayo III and Kimberly Smith, who made the supreme sacrifice in the service of their community, the department, themselves, and the Lord.

It is with a heavy heart that we extend our deepest sympathy to the family, fellow firefighters, and friends of the Houston Fire Department. May the Lord wrap you and comfort you all in his loving arms and ease your pain at this time of sorrow and depth of loss.

"Never was there greater Love, then that of a man or woman who would lay down their life for his fellow mankind".

Sincerely,
    Raymond S. Cook
    Chief, Seabrook VFD
    Seabrook, Texas

macatac
    Firehouse.com Guest

To the Brothers & Sisters of the Houston Fire Dept. From The Brothers & Sisters of Local #3245 Tavares Florida. We wish to extend our
    thoughts & Prayers to the Families of
    the Fallen Firefighters of the Houston F.D.
    May God be with H.F.D. and all they leave behind...

fy-r-dawg
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

Our thoughts and prayers go out to our fallen brother and sister who have made the supreme sacrifice.May they never be forgotten. May the lord bless their families and friends to help them get thru this tragic loss.

The Satcher Family
    Altus, OK

dennishaight
    Firehouse.com Guest

May the passing of the members give those of us who remain, greater strength to fufil our mission in their memory

------------------

Thread Information