Administrator

Another brother has fallen. This has been a year of great loss to the brotherhood of men and women who serve with great pleasure to the communities of our nation. No words can be said that will take the place of our lost brothers. The only thing that can be offered is the support of the brotherhood to the the familes of our fallen brothers. We of the City of Commerce, Texas Fire Department would like to express our thoughts and condolences to the families of lost brothers of the Houston Fire Dept. Lewis Mayo III and Kimberly Smith, and to the Houston Fire Dept. on the lost of two that will be so missed by the brothers.

Administrator

OUR PRAYERS & CONDOLENCES ARE WITH THE BROTHERS & SISTERS OF THE HOUSTON FIRE
    DEPT. , THEIR FAMILIES & FRIENDS. THE NORTHERN KENTUCKY & GREATER
    CINCINNATI FIREFIGHTERS SHARE YOUR LOSS.

LT. DAVE CAMM
    BELLEVUE FIRE DEPT.
    BELLEVUE KY.

Administrator

My prayers are with the families and fellow firefighters of the Houston Fire Department. To all firefighters/paramedics: God bless you all and thank you for putting your lives on the line for all of us.

Firefighter Mom
    Shirley Clark

Administrator

I was born and raised in Alabama and I thank you on behalf of all
    Houston Firefighters. It is without a doubt one of the most painful and
    "lost" feelings I have ever had to dael with. Please watch over each
    other and never have to pull "one of your own" from the reamains of what
    used to be a building. Thanks for your prayers!!

Administrator

my thoughts and prayers to all personnel of the Houston Fire Department,
    EMS, and Police, and especially the dispatchers and communications
    employees. may you find strength in each other and the heroism that lives
    in each of you to do so much for so many.

n j gaunt #3682
    Austin Police Department
    Communications/Crisis Team (vol)

Mandy Oades
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

I send my condolences to the families of the two firefighters and to the Houston Fire Department. Words cannot describe how I feel about this tragedy. As a member of the Middlesex Fire Department (New Jersey) and a strong believer of fire prevention, I pray that justice is served.

HVF58113
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

The Hereford Vol. Fire Company and the Green Lane Fire Company from Pennsylvania would like to send our condolences to Houston. We are all sadden by this turn of events. This could have been prevented but it wasn't. There isn't much to say but it does mean alot to them when we say that we are sorry.

[This message has been edited by HVF58113 (edited February 16, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by HVF58113 (edited February 18, 2000).]

HVF58113
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

The Hereford Vol. Fire Company and the Green Lane Fire Company from Pennsylvania would like to send our condolences to Houston. We are all sadden by this turn of events. This could have been prevented but it wasn't. There isn't much to say but it does mean alot to them when we say that we are sorry.

[This message has been edited by HVF58113 (edited February 16, 2000).]

Rookie1
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

My thoughts and prayers go out to the families of the fallen firefighters. Both Kim and Lewis will be remembered by their thousands of brothers and sisters all across the USA and Canada. We feel your pain.

brazoscty3
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

The members of Brazos County Precinct 3 VFD wish to express their condolences to the Houston Fire Department and the Families of the 2 Brave FIREFIGHTERS who gave their all doing something they loved.

Hank Salzmann
    Vice President
    Brazos County Precinct 3 VFD

FIGHTING 62
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

ON BEHALF OF THE MEMBERS OF THE S.M. VAUCLAIN FIRE CO. IN PA. OUR THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS GO OUT TO THE FAMILY, FRIENDS, AND CO-WORKERS OF THE FALLEN FIREFIGHTERS FROM THE HOUTON FIRE DEPT. MAY GOD BLESS ALL OF US.

shoopy
    Firehouse.com Guest

Words cannot express how one feels when one of our own is taken this way. My prayers and heart goes to the families who lost their loved ones. They will be remembered and mourned by thousands.

TRUCK CAPTAIN
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

To sister kim and brother lewis may god rest your souls you are trully american heros you did us proud.

To the family's and brothers of the houston fire department my deepest condolences i know nothing we can say or do will ease the pain. Just rember we are here for you and you forever be in our prayers.

FM2601
    Firehouse.com Guest

It is with the greatest sorrow I learned of the tragedy in Houston, TX. I hope the friends, families,and brother and sister firefighters will be comforted during this trying time. When a firefighter makes the ultimate sacrifice, we all feel the loss. God Bless You All.
    Allan Corthell
    Fire Marshal
    Town of Fletcher, NC

------------------

Chris Shields
    Firehouse.com Guest

With our deepest sympathy, the Onondaga County Fire Service located in Central NY wishes to extend their condolences to the families and brother & sister firefigters of Kim and Lewis. They died doing what they loved and god obviously has other plans for these two brave souls. God bless.

------------------

John D
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

The ultimate Sacrifice has once again been given by two faithful servents. My heart felt condolences to the families,friends,Members of Houston Fire Department of Firefighters Lewis MayoIII, and Kimberly Smith. It is a great sadness each and everyone of us feel as this tragedy unfolds. May God be with you all. NO GREATER LOVE HAS HE THAT LAY DONE HIS LIFE FOR ANOTHER.

John D Sheppard
    New Braunfels Fire/Rescue
    New Braunfels, Texas

Ladder66
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

All of us at Fairfax/Madison Place Fire-Rescue would like to express our most profound sympathy for the loss of our brother and sister in Houston. Our every thoughts will be with the families, friends and fellow firefighters. God bless you all...

"For those who suffer,
    and those who cry this night,
    give them repose, Lord;
    a pause in their burdens.
    Let there be minutes
    where they experience peace,
    not of man
    but of angels.
    Love them, Lord,
    when others cannot.
    Hold them, Lord,
    when we fail with human arms.
    Hear their prayers
    and give them the ability to hear You back
    in whatever language they best understand."

Lt. Mark Milliron
    Fairfax/Madison Place Fire-Rescue
    Cincinnati, Ohio

[This message has been edited by Ladder66 (edited February 18, 2000).]

HFD Fightin' 51
    Firehouse.com Guest

Houston Fire Department Station 51 C-Shift District 10 would like to send our deepest sympathies to the Mayo and Smith families. This district will never be the same without them and they will be sorely missed, however we are all better men for having known them. We at 51's have had the priveledge of having both of these firefighters be a part of our crew and no better firefighters exist. WE WILL NEVER FORGET YOU BOTH.
    And to all the firefighters from the Houston area and across the country we offer our sincerest thanks for the incredible support you are showing. It means so much to us during this time of sorrow. A special thanks to the Dallas Fire Department who is coming to man this Station while we attend the Memorial service. We are much indebted to you all.
    "And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will gaurd your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus." Phil. 4:7
    -Fightin' 51's, -Houston

FFCherylG
    Firehouse.com Guest

As fellow Firefighters from the Houston suburbs, we are more than willing to do anything we can to assist the city in this time of grief. Those of us that are off duty on Friday are honored that the City is allowing us to cover partial shifts so that as many HFD personnel possible can attend the Memorial Service. We all mourn the loss of one of our own and all of our off-duty firefighters have volunteered to work for HFD personnel and will be manning stations 20 and 23. We hope this can provide some relief during this unfortunate time. Our prayers are with all at this time.

Nemo me Impune Lacessit

Cheryl Galavitz
    Firefighter/EMT
    Galena Park Fire Department
    Texas

[This message has been edited by FFCherylG (edited February 17, 2000).]

Bill Noonan
    Firehouse.com Guest

It never ends....I have been to way to many funerals....It does not get any easier...

VERN SKAU
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

On behalf of the Officers and Firefighters of the Old Saybrook Fire Department I would like to pass along our deepest sympathy to the families of our fallen brother and sister

csgos
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

My condolescences to the brothers and sisters at Houston at the loss of two of your own. I pray the Good Lord will give comfort to your families during this difficult time.

I trust the guilty parties will receive the justice they deserve.

CS Gosdin, Captain
    Fulton County Fire Department
    IAFF Local 3920
    Atlanta Georgia

REDMFD
    Firehouse.com Guest

To the members, families, and friends of the two bravest that have fallen. I am sending my deepest condolences and sympathy. I have a co-worker who's cousin is a member of the Houston Fire Dept. so this hits close to home. You all are in my thoughts and prayers.

Kenneth "Red" Collins
    Station 5
    Midland, TX Fire Dept.

B.Bottomley
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

Reading the condolences to the two brothern who gave the ultimate sacrifice in our job, brings tears to my eyes and sadens my heart.. They will be truely missed by their loved ones and brothern in the fire services. My gratitude, thanks, condolences and prayers goes to the families and friends of the two fallen comrads who answered the call and gave their all. God Bless and Gods speed.
    ---------
    Brian Bottomley
    Volunteer Fire Fighter
    Merced, CA.

KPorter171
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

Louis and Kim shall always be remembered...
    Deepest condolences to both families and HFD for their loss
    Remember Me

Remember me, When I am gone.
    Remember me, when comes the dawn.
    When Smoke and ashes fill the sky,
    Remember that it's us that try.

The tones go out, we hear the call,
    "Another one's burning, get on the ball!"
    We roll like thunder into the night,
    We will not go down, without a fight.

With every sound of the alarm,
    I must try to keep others, safe from harm.
    And if with this call, I should lose my life,
    Please notify my kids and wife.

Let them know I did my best,
    and remember me fondly, when I'm laid to rest.
    For my life was givin, for those I tried to save,
    To try to keep others, safe from the grave.

'Twas my life I chose to give,
    I did it so that others might live.

Remember me..........

I dedicate this to all the firefighters I have known, and will know in my lifetime..... living and deceased. Let them all live in our hearts, and know they are a very special breed. We will remember..........

Karan Porter EMT-B

Thread Information