Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    John D
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

The ultimate Sacrifice has once again been given by two faithful servents. My heart felt condolences to the families,friends,Members of Houston Fire Department of Firefighters Lewis MayoIII, and Kimberly Smith. It is a great sadness each and everyone of us feel as this tragedy unfolds. May God be with you all. NO GREATER LOVE HAS HE THAT LAY DONE HIS LIFE FOR ANOTHER.

John D Sheppard
    New Braunfels Fire/Rescue
    New Braunfels, Texas

Ladder66
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

All of us at Fairfax/Madison Place Fire-Rescue would like to express our most profound sympathy for the loss of our brother and sister in Houston. Our every thoughts will be with the families, friends and fellow firefighters. God bless you all...

"For those who suffer,
    and those who cry this night,
    give them repose, Lord;
    a pause in their burdens.
    Let there be minutes
    where they experience peace,
    not of man
    but of angels.
    Love them, Lord,
    when others cannot.
    Hold them, Lord,
    when we fail with human arms.
    Hear their prayers
    and give them the ability to hear You back
    in whatever language they best understand."

Lt. Mark Milliron
    Fairfax/Madison Place Fire-Rescue
    Cincinnati, Ohio

[This message has been edited by Ladder66 (edited February 18, 2000).]

HFD Fightin' 51
    Firehouse.com Guest

Houston Fire Department Station 51 C-Shift District 10 would like to send our deepest sympathies to the Mayo and Smith families. This district will never be the same without them and they will be sorely missed, however we are all better men for having known them. We at 51's have had the priveledge of having both of these firefighters be a part of our crew and no better firefighters exist. WE WILL NEVER FORGET YOU BOTH.
    And to all the firefighters from the Houston area and across the country we offer our sincerest thanks for the incredible support you are showing. It means so much to us during this time of sorrow. A special thanks to the Dallas Fire Department who is coming to man this Station while we attend the Memorial service. We are much indebted to you all.
    "And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will gaurd your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus." Phil. 4:7
    -Fightin' 51's, -Houston

FFCherylG
    Firehouse.com Guest

As fellow Firefighters from the Houston suburbs, we are more than willing to do anything we can to assist the city in this time of grief. Those of us that are off duty on Friday are honored that the City is allowing us to cover partial shifts so that as many HFD personnel possible can attend the Memorial Service. We all mourn the loss of one of our own and all of our off-duty firefighters have volunteered to work for HFD personnel and will be manning stations 20 and 23. We hope this can provide some relief during this unfortunate time. Our prayers are with all at this time.

Nemo me Impune Lacessit

Cheryl Galavitz
    Firefighter/EMT
    Galena Park Fire Department
    Texas

[This message has been edited by FFCherylG (edited February 17, 2000).]

Bill Noonan
    Firehouse.com Guest

It never ends....I have been to way to many funerals....It does not get any easier...

VERN SKAU
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

On behalf of the Officers and Firefighters of the Old Saybrook Fire Department I would like to pass along our deepest sympathy to the families of our fallen brother and sister

csgos
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

My condolescences to the brothers and sisters at Houston at the loss of two of your own. I pray the Good Lord will give comfort to your families during this difficult time.

I trust the guilty parties will receive the justice they deserve.

CS Gosdin, Captain
    Fulton County Fire Department
    IAFF Local 3920
    Atlanta Georgia

REDMFD
    Firehouse.com Guest

To the members, families, and friends of the two bravest that have fallen. I am sending my deepest condolences and sympathy. I have a co-worker who's cousin is a member of the Houston Fire Dept. so this hits close to home. You all are in my thoughts and prayers.

Kenneth "Red" Collins
    Station 5
    Midland, TX Fire Dept.

B.Bottomley
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

Reading the condolences to the two brothern who gave the ultimate sacrifice in our job, brings tears to my eyes and sadens my heart.. They will be truely missed by their loved ones and brothern in the fire services. My gratitude, thanks, condolences and prayers goes to the families and friends of the two fallen comrads who answered the call and gave their all. God Bless and Gods speed.
    ---------
    Brian Bottomley
    Volunteer Fire Fighter
    Merced, CA.

KPorter171
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

Louis and Kim shall always be remembered...
    Deepest condolences to both families and HFD for their loss
    Remember Me ©

Remember me, When I am gone.
    Remember me, when comes the dawn.
    When Smoke and ashes fill the sky,
    Remember that it's us that try.

The tones go out, we hear the call,
    "Another one's burning, get on the ball!"
    We roll like thunder into the night,
    We will not go down, without a fight.

With every sound of the alarm,
    I must try to keep others, safe from harm.
    And if with this call, I should lose my life,
    Please notify my kids and wife.

Let them know I did my best,
    and remember me fondly, when I'm laid to rest.
    For my life was givin, for those I tried to save,
    To try to keep others, safe from the grave.

'Twas my life I chose to give,
    I did it so that others might live.

Remember me..........

I dedicate this to all the firefighters I have known, and will know in my lifetime..... living and deceased. Let them all live in our hearts, and know they are a very special breed. We will remember..........

Karan Porter EMT-B ©

JAYMCCARTHY
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

I JUST WANTED TO SEND MY CONDOLENCES TO THE FAMILIES OF FIREFIGHTER'S LOUIS MAYO AND KIMBERLY SMITH. I ALSO SEND MY PRAYERS AND CONDOLENCES TO THE MEMBERS OF THE I.A.F.F. LOCAL 341.THIS IS A GREAT LOSS TO THE ENTIRE I.A.F.F. FAMILY.IT'S TRUE THEY HAVE ANSWERED THEIR LAST ALARM BUT THEY WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN BY THE BROTHERHOOD/ SISTERHOOD IN THE I.A.F.F. MAY THEY REST IN PEASE.

NCRSQ751
    Firehouse.com Guest

In this difficult time, we at Forsyth Rescue Squad and North Carolina Strike Force One would like to offer our condolences to the Houston Fire Department and to the families of these two brave firefighters. Our hearts go out to you on this tragic loss.

------------------
    Susan Bednar
    Captain - Forsyth Rescue
    North Carolina Strike Force 1

MCHD M-87
    Firehouse.com Guest

Our hearts go out to our brithers and sisters to the South of us. God bless the families, friends, and fellow Firefighters of FF Smith and FF Mayo. The crew of Montgomery County Hospital District(Tx) EMS Medic 87 wishes all well.

------------------
    John Hodges FF/EMTP
    Carla Breeding FF/EMTP
    MCHD Medic 87

Heart2fixit
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

My heart goes out to you in this sorrowful time. May the Lord touch your hearts and help you heal. What a HERO your daughter was. I hope my daughter grows to be half as courageous. God bless

Heart2fixit
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

My heart goes out to you in this sorrowful time. May the Lord touch your hearts and help you heal. What a HERO your daughter was. I hope my daughter grows to be half as courageous. God bless

------------------
    Every day is a gift...treat it that way!

Penrose Andrews
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

Our thoughts and Prayers are with all of Houston after your tragic loss of your two fire fighters.{Penrose fire and rescue}

Pepper Sullivan
    Firehouse.com Guest

Our sympathy and prayers are with the families and the members of the Houston Fire Department in this time of loss.
    We will continue praying for all of you and wish everyone there the best of wishes during this time.
    Pepper Sullivan
    Asst. Chief. Howard County Volunteer Fire Dept. Howard Co, TX

------------------

hugo_2145
    Firehouse.com Guest

I am a civilian from Sydney Australia. A friend told me all about the tragedy in Houston. I watched the memorial service and was deeply touched.

Words seem so inadequate but that's all I have. So I will express my condolences to all who have been touched by this sad occasion. And offer heartfelt thanks so firefighters and other emergency services personnel everywhere.

Love,
    Glenn

p.s. thank you Shawn

spunk639
    Firehouse.com Guest

To the family,friends,and brothers of Louis and Kimberly my heartfelt sorrow, I am truly sorry for your loss. I am not a firefighter, I am a Police Officer and EMT-P, having served in Public Safety for close to 15 years, your loss is not just contained to the fire service Cops, and EMT's understand sadly better than anyone the loss of friends and coworkers in the line of duty. In police work we see ourselves as the thin blue line that keeps the public safe from crime and criminals. But cops see firefighters as a thin red line that keep people safe and save lives from a flaming beast. On the National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial in Washington D.C. where I have friends and acadamey classmates names enscribed, there is a quote enscribed on the memorial beneath a statute of a lion that guards the entrance. The quote is from Tacitus and although it is from the Police Memorial I think it applies here as well " In Valor There is Hope".

GOD BLESS THESE TWO BRAVE SOULS

To all of my firefighter brothers
    stay safe from a working cop.

To Kimberly and Louis loved ones you are in my prayers.

[This message has been edited by spunk639 (edited February 19, 2000).]

LYNNENG8
    Firehouse.com Guest

To the Brothers and Sisters in Houston, may you know that the fire service is sharing in your grief and sadness, and once again our hearts are heavy due to the loss of two of our own. May they now go and join the heroes that have gone before them, and may they watch over us all....
    Stay safe brothers!!
    Bob Lehman
    Lynn Fire,Mass
    L-739

------------------
    RDL

Thread Information