+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Administrator

Post Post More Houston Condolences Here

To speed up the server, Please continue posting more condolences here

Thanks

Smokeater42
    Firehouse.com Guest

I know nothing i can say will help at a time like this, but they will be remembered by 1000's of firefighters across the USA who also feel a great loss, they won't be forgotton, they will always be in our prayers
    Capt. RM Brophy
    Manchester Airport Fire Dept. NH

Preston Price
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

With deepest sympathy and great love and respect The members of Hollins Volunteer Fire & Rescue wish to extend our condolences to the families, friends and Fellow Firefighters. May GOD bless us and keep us all safe. Houston we are praying for you.

------------------

Aaron Neely
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

once again another tragedy strikes our family of firefighters. My condolences go out to the family, friends and Houston FD for their loss. It is pretty safe to say that our brother and sister are in a better place now, and they left their mark on this planet by risking their lives trying to save someone elses. It is times like this that you must realize that every run might be your last, and to live life to its fullest. I'll end with a quote I heard somewhere, "Don't die until you have nothing left to do but die"

------------------
    Aaron Neely
    Dyess AFB Fire Dept
    Abilene, TX

srosier
    Firehouse.com Guest

It is with deepest sympathies that we offer condolences to the family, friends, and co-workers of Kimberly Smith, and Lewis Mayo. As Neighbors, and as Brothers, and Sisters, we share in your grief.

Shannon Rosier
    Webmaster
    Atascocita Volunteer Fire Department
    Atascocita, Texas

BC Lee
    Firehouse.com Guest

As I continue to read about the incident that has occured, my heart goes out to the family members and the members of the Houston Fire Department. We all share in your loss. May God comfort you and may you find peace knowing they are with Him.

BC Gary D. Lee, Sr.
    Lenexa, Kansas Fire Department

TWalker
    Firehouse.com Guest

Words cannot express the hurt I feel for the families of Kim and Lewis. My heart and my prayers go out to them. I feel for the Houston Fire Department, my thoughts are with you also. As for the four charged in the case, may justice be served and they recieve the same fate. I am sorry, but as an investigator, I have zero tolerence for arson! May God keep Kim and Lewis at his side and may God bless you all.

Terry Walker, Investigator
    Eufaula Fire Department
    Eufaula, Alabama

Tribute is payed to Kim Smith and Lewis Mayo III at my web site: http://www.angelfire.com/al/TWalker

[This message has been edited by TWalker (edited February 16, 2000).]

CVFD-30
    Firehouse.com Guest

It is with great sadness I write this. This is written in memory of those 2 firefighters that were killed in Houston, TX. They will greatly be missed by the 1000's of firefighters around this great country of ours. My deepest condolences and prayers go out to those firefighters familys, friends, and the Houston FD

George W Hagerty Jr.
    Firefighter
    Columbus Volunteer Fire Dept
    Columbus, KY

[This message has been edited by CVFD-30 (edited February 16, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by CVFD-30 (edited February 16, 2000).]

Jeffrey Casson
    Firehouse.com Guest

With our deepest sympathy, the Midland Park(NJ) Fire Department wishes to extend their condolences to the families, friends, and bretheren of these two brave firefighters. They may be gone but they are being remembered in the thoughts and prayers of thousands. God bless.

WarHammer
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

I pray I never have to deal with a LODD in the deptartment I work in, but for the firefighters, friends and family of those killed in the Houston fire, my prayers are with you, may God give you strength through these difficult times.

------------------
    -WarHammer
    ***e-mail: war@inweb.com

e33
    Firehouse.com Guest

God bless our brother and sister who made the supreme sacrafice. Their family and coworkers are in our prayers. It is our hope that some day soon the building industry will begin to take firefighters into consideration instead of money.

buster
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

My heart always sinks when I hear this kind of tragic news. These two heroes, Brother Mayo and Sister Smith made the SUPREME sacrifice, they will sorely missed and never forgotten. My prayers and condolences to their families and to the Houston Fire Department. God Bless You All! Sincerely, Mike Cherry
    FF, Gastonia Fire Department
    Gastonia, NC

Steve Angell
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

On behalf of the Hatch Nuclear Fire Service: May God grant Eternal Rest unto F/F Lewis Mayo III and F/F Kimberly Smith, and may Perpetual Light shine upon them. Saint Florian, patron of fire fighters, protect their souls from evil and guide them to their dearly earned places amongst all the angels and saints. Blessed Virgin Mary, Queen of Sorrows, your immaculate heart was pierced by sorrow. Through your intercession, pray that your Son, our Lord, bless F/F Mayo's familiy and F/F Smith's family -- with the comfort, strength, and courage to bear the crosses under which they now struggle. Merciful God, hear our prayer.

Steve Angell, Acting Chief

dkrause52
    Firehouse.com Guest

On behalf of the members of the Azle Fire Department we wish to extend to each and everyone of your members and families our deepest sympathy for your loss. Our thoughts and prayers are with you always.

David R. Krause, Chief
    Azle, Texas Fire Department

Michrehf
    Firehouse.com Guest

As I sit here shedding tears again, I can only express my heartfelt sorrow for the loss of two more comrades. I hope the families, friends and fellow firefighters of these two of America's Bravest will take comfort in knowing that although this is your loss and your tradgety, it touches everyone of us that do the job. May God bless you and protect all that take that extra step in protecting life and property.

------------------
    Michael R. Rehfeld
    Firefighter
    Baltimore County, Maryland

Barry McClung
    Firehouse.com Guest

The members of the Houston Arson Squad, and the Houston Police Department have successfully identified and arrested the cannibals responsible for the loss of two of Houston Fire Department's bravest and best. Good job to you all for a job swiftly and extremely well-done! You have gone the extra mile this time!

The sorrow and heart-rending pain being suffered by the entire HFD/City of Houston family, the entire brotherhood of fire suppression, and especially the families of our lost brother and sister cannot be neither quenched by a pound of flesh, nor by "an eye for an eye", but the apprehension of these worthless members of society will go a LONG way to salving the open wound, as long as our often flawed criminal justice system works as it should.

God bless and keep all those who are in pain over this tragedy, and God keep them through this horrible time.

------------------
    Barry E. McClung,
    FF/EMT-P
    Blanco County, Texas

raricciuti
    Firehouse.com Guest

The Mt. Lebanon Fire Department, Mt. Lebanon, Pennsylvania would like to offer its condolences to the families, friends, and co-workers of fallen firefighters Lewis Mayo III and Kimberly Smith of the Houston Fire Department.

------------------
    R.A. Ricciuti, Firefighter
    Mt. Lebanon Fire Department
    www.mtlfd.org

FF93_MO
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

My heart goes out to the families, friends and fellow firefighters. May GOD watch over each and everyone of us and keep us safe.
    To all firefighters, law enforcement and ems personal......BE CAREFUL out there!!

Lori M. Abel
    Boonvill Fire Dept
    Boonville, Missouri

jamo1
    Firehouse.com Guest

More than two and a half centuries ago, Benjamin Franklin wrote an essay entitled, "Brave Men At Fires", this is an excerpt from the essay.
    "Neither cold nor darkness will deter good people from hastening to the dreadful place to quench the flame. They do it not for sake of reward or fame; but they have a reward in themselves, and they love one another."
    God Bless Kimberly and Lewis.

------------------

Scooter
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

On behalf of your brother and sisters at the Lake Shore VFD, our hearts are saddened at this tragic loss. You are in our thoughts and prayers. Word's can not express our sorrow. May God hold Kim & Lewis close.

Thread Information