Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Administrator

Post Memphis Shooting Tragedy

Post condolences, messages of support and discuss Wednesday's tragedy in Memphis.

At this posting, one firefighter is dead, a second wounded, a Sheriff's deputy killed and a second injured and two others shot.

Complete details are being updated at http://www.Firehouse.Com/lodd/2000/memphis

Frank Allen
    Firehouse.com Guest

To the family of our fallen brother in Memphis:

The membership of the Pindars Corners Fire Department in NY. send our condolences. All I can say at this time is how can this happen to us. We are not supposed to be shot at. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Frank Allen
    Badge #34

shevais
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

This really drives the point of scene safety home, I know we all talk about how important scene safety is but really how often do you think about something like this will happen, unfortunatley too often, a few months ago a pipe bomb was placed under an ambulance at a house fire at a neighboring department, it didn't go off luckly, This was a senseless act of violence and pure disreguard for human life. These men were just doing their jobs and this is how the people they have vowed to protect treat them.

I feel for the Memphis FD, and PD as well as for the families of the victims. They are in my thoughts and prayers and may the shooter be tried and convicted of 3 counts of first degree murder and be put away forever.

BigJohn
    Firehouse.com Guest

Exclamation

This is a mess.

It's understandable that firefighting is a very dangerous profession, but normally that is attributed to the fire, heat, exhaustion, etc. It is pitiful to think there are idiots out there evil enough to shoot and kill those who are risking their lives to save their lives. I am extremely appalled that this has happened.

I can understand the officer's perspective on not shooting to kill the perpetrator, but I think he should have, because otherwise, the man will never get paid back for the harm done.

Only my opinion...

I sincerely wish only the best for the families of those who have given all.

AXMAN620
    Firehouse.com Guest

Angry

O.K........FIRST MY HEART GOES OUT TO THE M.F.D. FOR SUCH A TRAGIC AND SENSLESS LOSS, KEEP THE FAITH BROTHERS AND SISTERS. SECOND WHAT IN THE HELL IS GOING ON? I HAVE BEEN A DRAGON SLAYER FOR OVER 15 YEARS, I HAVE BEEN CUSSED, HIT, YELLED AT........BUT SHOT? WE'RE FIREMEN FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!!!WE ARE THERE TO HELP THESE PEOPLE!!!! O.K. I VENTED I FEEL BETTER!!! MY PRAYERS TO THE FAMILIES AS THEY ASSEND TO THE FIRE HOUSE IN THE SKY!!

------------------
    SEE YA' A'' @ THE BIG ONE!!!!!

JFD
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

To the Families of our fallen brothers and to the entire Memphis Fire Department.

The Jackson Fire Department offers our sincere condolences and support during this tragic time.Our hearts go out to all involved.

Jackson Fire Department, Jackson,Tennessee

JWizzer
    Firehouse.com Guest

Question

My thought and prayers to the famililies. It has been seen time and again that we no longer live in a society that values life. It is this reason that Firefighters and Police Officers are a special breed. I hope that we are all strong enough to continue serving our communities the way we have for years. Be Safe.

Captain Jim Wisnowski
    Moyers Corners Fire Department, Inc.
    Liverpool, NY
    Town of Clay

rp ruma
    Firehouse.com Guest

To the families of our fallen brothers & the Memphis FD i send my sincere condolences during this tragic time.

RP Ruma - Captain
    Dickson FD, Dickson TN 37055
    Local 3145

Michrehf
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

Once again we are faced with the loss of more brothers. To the family, friends and brothers /sisters of the Memphis Fire Department, please accept my heartfelt sympathies. Your loss is our loss we are with you and ready to help in whatever way we can. What can happen next???

------------------
    Michael R. Rehfeld
    Firefighter
    Baltimore County, Maryland
    IAFF Local 1311

Jeremy Lansing
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

As a Firefighter for the City of Bartlett in Tn, I want to send my deepest condolences and prayers out to the families of my fellow Firemen and the Officer as well as the others that were shot. This is a terrible tragedy that makes me wonder WHY? To all my fellow firemen; I Love You and Be SAFE!!
    Sincerely,
    Jeremy Lansing
    Bartlett Fire Dept.

candyman2000
    Firehouse.com Guest

IT IS A VERY SAD DAY. WHEN WE LOSE A FELLOW FIREFIGHTER IN THE LINE OF DUTY,,WE CAN HONESTLY SAY,,HE WAS WHERE HE THOUGHT GOD WANTED HIM TO BE. OUR HEARTS AND PRAYERS GO OUT TO THE MEN OF THE MEMPHIS FIRE DEPT,,AND THE SHELBY COUNTY SHERRIFFS DEPT.WE SHALL PRAY FOR THIER FAMILIES. CHARLIE R.

martinfire
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

TO THE FAMILY OF OUR FALLEN BROTHERS:

OUR CONDOLENCES GO OUT TO THE FAMILIES,AND
    MEMBERS OF THE MEMPHIS FIRE DEPARTMENT,AND
    SHELBY COUNTY SHERIFF'S DEPARTMENT.

FROM THE MARTIN FIRE DEPARTMENT OUR THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS AND DEEPEST SYMPATHY IS WITH YOU AND YOUR LOVED ONES

SINCERELY,
    THE MARTIN FIRE DEPARTMENT
    MARTIN,TN

Administrator

Forwarded E-mai:

THIS IS A TRAGEDY AND GREAT LOSS TO MEMPHIS, I SEND MY CONDOLENCES TO EACH
    ONE OF THE FAMILIES.

VICKY

Administrator

Forwaded E-mail:

My heart goes out to the families of the Memphis Firefighters that were
    killed today. My father was a Memphis firefighter killed in the line of
    duty, 13 years ago, his name was Bobby Blackley. The tragedy today has
    only reminded me that this is a very dangerous job. It is bad enough to
    be killed in the line of duty, but to be killed in this manner while
    trying to do your best to save lives and property is totally
    unbelievable. Our families know that our loved ones risk there lives
    every day that they are on duty, but this is beyond belief. We offer
    our prayers to the families and friends of these wonderful men.

Administrator

Forwarded E-mail:

As an educator, I have dealt with the tragedies of our nation's school
    shootings. I would like to express my concern and condolescences to the
    families of these victims. This one is close to home. May God give each of
    you the strength that you need at this very tragic time in your lives. Our
    prayers are with you.

MemphisFireGirl
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

This has hit close to home for me Literally. I am an EMT/Paramedic student/ VollieFF/ in memphis. I know most of the Memphis Firefighters. They are my friends and mentors. I work with alot of them at various stations while doing my clinicals for school. We have lost 2 men for NO REASON at all. Sitting here at home all day, waiting to see names, to find out why, and praying for the families of the FF's killed in LOD, also praying for the family of the firefighter who for whatever reason created this tragedy.. I will take this experience and learn from it and keep in my mind the importance of " on scene Safety" and hopefully when i begin my career with Memphis Fire Dept. i won't have to be a victim or sister of a victim of another crime like this.

Administrator

Forward E-mail:

I wish to extend my condolences to all of the Memphis firefighters, the
    Shelby county Sheriffs department and the Memphis Police department for
    the horrible tragedy that has struck the city today. I am in Memphis on
    business and I am neither a police officer nor a firefighter but it still
    gives me a sickening feeling of a horrible tragedy that is pointless.
    All of you are out there for our safety and you are there to protect the
    public. It is a very harsh reality that all of you have to also watch
    your back as well. I only wish that someone could have prevented the
    terrible tragedy that has struck the city of Memphis today. I along with
    my family want all of you to know that just a regular family respects and
    appreciates all that the men and women in law enforcement and the
    firefighters provide for the public. Our hearts and prayers go out to
    all of the men and women, along with their families, who has been struck
    with the tragedy today in Memphis. God bless you all.

ycfd4mom
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

I live less than two miles from where this tragedy happened today in Memphis. This hits me hard because my only son is a firefighter, not in Memphis, but a firefighter, nonetheless. Also, the word here is that Memphis lost TWO firefighters today in this tragedy, and possibly a third, as rumor is that the gunman was also a firefighter from the same station who called in sick today and has had mental problems in the past. God, I hope that is incorrect information. Memphis also lost a 25-year veteran of the fire department earlier this week in a terrible auto accident when a woman crossed the median and hit him head-on. How much more heartache and loss can the Memphis Fire Department take? Please keep them in your prayers. Thank you.

------------------

blmelton
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

I have worked along side many of the firefighters, paramedics, and sherriffs from Memphis/Shelby County, TN. They do a great job every day keeping us out of harm's way. My prayers are with all of you and the families of those that have died. You risk your lives to keep this community safe, and I want you to know you are appreciated. God bless all of you.
    L. Melton, RN,EMT, CEN, Mphs, TN

LEE KAIL
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

THE HUMBOLDT FIRE FIGHTERS LOCAL 3109 WOULD LIKE TO OFFER OUR CONDOLENCES TO OUR BROTHERS OF THE MEMPHIS FIRE DEPARTMENT AND THE SHELBY COUNTY SHERIFFS DEPARTMENT. WE WOULD ALSO LIKE TO EXTEND OUR THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS TO ALL TOUCHED BY THIS.

HUMBOLDT TENNESSEE

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information