Pamela
    Firehouse.com Guest

Post Tragedy in Memphis

As the daughter of a retired fireman I wanted to let the men and woman of Station 35 know that I am terribly sorry that this has happened to them. I know that this job is hard enough to handle day by day.Let alone having to contend with this.My heart goes out to all of these men. You will all be in my prayers. Thank you for risking your life for us on a daily basis.You all hold a special place in my heart, I learned at a very young age to have respect not only for the uniform but the men behind them.
    God Bless You All and your familes.

T ony Hartman
    Firehouse.com Guest

The members of Dresden Fire Department wis to pass on their condolences to the family and follow members of the Memphis Fire Department. Also to the sheriff office for the loss of their members. May God be with you in this time of need.

Administrator

Forwarded from E-Mail:

Our prayers are with the families of the firefighters slain earlier today.
    Their pain is felt as we too, are firefighter wives. It is most unfortunate
    that it had to come to this, but now is the time for the fire administration,
    and Mayor, to take a look of what is really happening to their "finest".
    There are enough pressures in the everyday lives of these men, and for the
    administration to treat them as unfairly as they do can only lead to same
    type situations. I pray that any firefighter or firefighter/paramedic who
    feel as if they're at witts end will seek help. Fire Administration is a
    tough enitity to battle with, but taking lives and loosing lives as a result
    of their lack of sensitivity to these men and women who constantly put their
    lives on the line for our welfare is also a tough battle.
    In addition, I hope someone will step to the front and collect financial
    contributions for these families as is done for families of slain police
    officers. We must not minimize the effect of this tragedy in comparison to
    that of slain police officers.
    May God be with you all.

Administrator

We wish to add our condolences to all persons touched by the tragedy this
    day in Memphis. It is so regretable that something like this can happen. Law
    enforcement , and fire fighters are special people, as well as those who
    stand behind them. You do not grieve alone. Please know that many thoughts
    and prayers are being offered in your behalf. God be with you all.

Administrator

Forwarded from E-Mail:

enforcement , and fire fighters are special people, as well as those who
    stand behind them. You do not grieve alone. Please know that many thoughts
    and prayers are being offered in your behalf. God be with you all.

Administrator

Forwarded from E-Mail:

I am the wife and mother of firefighters. My husband and one son are
    volunteers. My other son is a paid fireman. When you know they are at a
    fire, you always worry. But, to be shot when responding to a fire is so
    devastating. My thoughts and my prayers go to the families of the
    firemen and also to the family of the police officer. May God help all
    of you through this terrible time. And let us not forget the fellow
    firemen and officers who worked with them. I know there is a strong bond
    of brotherhood and it hurts them to loose someone they work with also.
    May God bless you all.

Administrator

Forwarded from E-Mail:

It is really sad to hear this awful news. I am a former co-worker
    of Caryn Lerma (Xavier's wife). My prayers are for the families
    of the victims to get through this incident and be able to continue
    their lives as best as possible. I know they will need much support
    and love from family and friends.
    Bobby Camburn

Administrator

Forwarded from E-Mail:

Our hearts and prayers go out to the famlies, co-workers and friends of the
    fallen firefighters and deputy sheriff. These are the people we depend on
    for the safety of our own famlies, how could this happen.
    Bobbi Jones and family
    Southaven, MS

Administrator

I would just like to say how sorry I am to the families, friends, and coworkers of the 3 firemen who were senselessly killed in the act of duty. I would just like to thank them for giving their lives to help others. My thought and prayers are with you all.

Administrator

Forwarded from E-Mail:

I am so deelpy hurt for the families of the men here in Memphis that lost their lives. I was just in that neighborhood yesterday dropping off my daughter's friend. It is shocking how a quiet little neighborhood can become a battle zone and the final call for these Public Servants, including the
    Police Officer.

Please share our love for our servants...and our prayers for them. We all must remember to keep these committed individuals in prayer daily.

My neighbor is a firefighter here, he knew all three, the shooter and the men that died. We prayed with him tonight. It is clear that he hurts deeply.

God Bless you all for your service for us.

MT in Memphis

Administrator

Forwarded from E-Mail:

enforcement , and fire fighters are special people, as well as those who stand behind them. You do not grieve alone. Please know that many thoughts and prayers are being offered in your behalf. God be with you all.

Administrator

Forwarded from E-Mail:

THIS IS A BAD THING FOR POLICE OFFICERS & FIREFIGHTERS. AS WE ARE THE ONES THAT RUN TO WHAT EVERYONE ELSE FROM. MY PRAYERS GO TO THE FAMILIES OF THE VICTOMS.
    RETIERD, DISABLED,RESERVE DEPUTY SHERIFF BADGE 726
    HARDEMAN COUNTY TN
    DAVID
    K. HOWELL

Administrator

To All of you who serve and risk your lives for all of us, I cannot express how this tragedy has touched my heart. You are the good guys, as well as the Shelby County Sheriff's Department and the Memphis Police Department. You are Fathers and Mothers that put your life on the line every day. How could anyone be so heartless and cruel? You are who we turn to in times of need
    and for something so horrible to happen here or anywhere in this so called civilized world is beyond belief, and my hurt and pain is beyond words. The families of all the deceased victims will be in my prayers and from now on all of you will be, for who knows what might happen next after something
    this devastating. I have and will shed tears for all of those taken doing a public service. In fact, just the other day, I thanked God for the Shelby County Patrolmen that surrounded my granddaughter's school after an incident in Arlington. I don't know the answers, but maybe God can help us figure them out, someone has to. Who would think a fireman who puts his life on the
    line, would have to start wearing bullet proof vests like the police officers
    do,along with all the other things they are weighted down with to begin with. This is the most unreal incident I've ever heard of and I hope I never hear of it again! Children left without parents, lives taken as if they were old dead plants, it isn't meant that any of you who are there to help us get taken away like this.

May God bless all of you during this terrible time and keep you safe in the
    future. Sincerely and with appreciation and love For all of you that I know I can depend on when I dial 911.

Kay O'Donnell
    4095 Hadley Drive
    Lakeland, TN 38002

Administrator

Forwarded from E-Mail:

I am a fellow fighter to the men we lost today. Thank you all so much for the
    outpouring of condolences and expressions of sympathy from all over the country. I would like to start a "condolences offering" for the children and widow of the deceased Lieutenant on 55's pumper. Wouldn't that be a nice way to show your child that his/her daddy was respected worldwide?! Please send any patches or pins from your service that you can spare to Ms. Javier
    Lerma in c/o me Kim Herring, at my home address, I do not live very far from
    the family. If you wish to send a sympathy card, I am sure she would appreciate it greatly, it helps to know others care about the sacrifice her husband made. For obvious reasons, you must e-mail me for my address to assure that I only give it to the sincere. I will try to complete this by
    the end of 3 weeks, so if you can contribute, we all appreciate it.

I also work with the other firefighter that we lost, but I am close friends of the Lerma's. Also, know that Lt. Lerma is the son of a firefighter killed in the line of duty many years ago. Thank you all in
    advance!
    Kimmy h

Administrator

Forwarded from E-Mail:

To the fire fighters and the familys !

As a vol. fire fighter for Greenleaf Fire Dept. I want to send you my sorrow and my prayers to you all this is such a very bad thing I cant beleave someone could do this to anyone you know it is really bad when you
    are out there trying to save lives and putting your life on the line for people that you don't even know and for someone to do this to your love ones is unreal I just want you to know that I am so sorry that this happen and you have to live with this. I hope you all can be strong and believe in the lord and he will help you make it through this my prayers are with you all
    and may God bless you all and help you make it through this hard time you
    are in my prayers.

Administrator

Forwarded from E-Mail:

PLEASE FORWARD OUR SINCEREST CONDOLENCES TO ALL OF THE FAMILIES INVOLVED IN THE TRAGEDY IN MEMPHIS TODAY. OUR HEART FELT PRAYERS ARE WITH EACH AND EVERY FIREFIGHTER AND LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCY, NOT ONLY IN MEMPHIS BUT ACROSS THE NATION; THE LOSS IS TRULY NATIONWIDE. MAY GOD BE WITH YOU AND PROTECT YOU IN YOUR DUTIES AND MAY GOD SEE YOU THROUGHT THIS TRAGEDY. OUR PRAYERS ARE WITH
    YOU.

Administrator

Forwarded from E-Mail:

OUR HEARTS GO OUT TO OUR FOLLOW BROTHERS AND SISTERS OF MEMPHIS.KEEP THE
    FAITH AND MAY GOD BLESS AND KEEP YOU.

Administrator

From E-Mail:

I am a civilian living in Walls, MS. I'm just a few miles away from where the
    terrible tradgedy occured today. I have driven by that house hundreds of
    times and never would have believed that such a thing could have happened
    there. My thoughts and prayers go out to the families of the two
    firefighters, the officer, and the little boy who lost his mother. The
    accused gunman was also a firefighter who worrked with the men he killed. He
    also killed his wife leaving a 7-year-old boy to deal with the aftermath of
    what his father has done. What is wrong with the people in this world today?
    I can't speak for everyone but I would like to say THANK YOU!!! to every
    police officer, firefighter, EMT, and anyone else who has to deal with
    dangerous situations on an everyday basis. I know you don't here it often
    enough. Please be careful and God bless each and every one of you.

Carolyn Torvik

FIREJOHN7
    Firehouse.com Guest

What has this society become, when the the very people who come to the aid of those in trouble, are themselves the victim of senseless tradgedy. Our sympathies are with the families of the slain firefighters and deputy. A speedy recovery to those also injured in this travesty.
    Fire Station 7 B shift Houston Fire Department.

------------------

csgos
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

I was truly shocked when I heard the news from Memphis. I do not know all the details presently, but we would like to send you other sympathies, prayers and thoughts to the Memphis Fire Department, the police agency(s) involved, and most importantly, to the families of these brave souls. May the Good Lord comfort you all in this difficult time.

CS Gosdin, IAFF 3920

HM29Pa
    Firehouse.com Guest

On behalf of the Lancaster County Hazardous Material Response Team we would like to send our deepest and heartfelt sympathy to the family, friends, and co-workers of the fallen heroes in Memphis. Everday millions of people like ourselves go to work and leave our families behind, knowing that there is a chance that something horrible may happen. Never would I have imagined that something this horrible would have occured. To the family members of the fallen heroes, know that this is being felt across the nation and we will be praying for you during this difficult time.

------------------
    HM29
    Lancaster, Pa

[This message has been edited by HM29Pa (edited March 09, 2000).]

Thread Information