Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Administrator

jgdouglas@ntr.net

I'm very sorry to here of todays ambushed FireFighters & Officers. I became a Storm Chaser & Spotter a year ago.

As I work each time there is a Storm/Tornado Warning for Memphis/Jackson/Nashville TN I learn more and more from the FireFighters and Officers here and Now they begain to Learn from me as well. I my Not know them by name and only by face maybe, Still My Heart will pray for Family & friends.

Storm/Tornado Chaser & Spotter
    Jeffery G Douglas
    Jackson TN

Administrator

Our condolences go to all families involved in todays horrible scene....all were in our prayers when Reno and I were at church tonight....This will be a day we won't forget...
    Paula Diana
    Memphis,TN.

Administrator

Subject: Condolences about Memphis Tragedy

Could you please put my email on the condolence bb? I am not a registered user.

I am an extended faimly member from Memphis City govn., the police and fire department.

My step-father was a Fire-Marshall Inspector for Memphis, his brother worked for Memphis PD, his father worked for Memphis City.

Whenever something happens, I remember the days my step-father Captain James Pyron came home and spent many hours and days saddened by the days events. He is retired now. I have a deep respect for the police and fire departments and will be praying for those involved in todays tragedy. I will keep the family and friends in prayer. The Fire and Police are the unsung hero's in todays warped world. Thanks to ALL of you for being there.

Bill Haler

Administrator

Subject: Tragedy in Memphis

My wife and I would like to send our condolances to the families of the
    firefighters killed in Memphis today. This violence is inexcusable. Our
    thoughts and prayers are with you. My father was fire chief of my home town
    for 17 years. I lost a sister to an act of violence by a family member in
    1989. I fully understand the loss. Our thoughts and prayers are with you. It
    is never easy to understand or accept these acts. All I know is that God will
    carry you through these tough times, if you allow him to. Please don't let
    this maniac ruin any of your lives. Things have changed for you beyond your
    wildest comprehension today. Show your children all the love and support that
    you can in these tough times. Honor the memory of their brave fathers by
    assisting them in becoming all that they can be. Give all the honor and glory
    to God. In Jesus name, I will be praying for you all.

Administrator

To the family of the fallen firefighters:

We the members of the Buchanan Township Fire Department would like to send out our Deepest simpathy and just say to the family's all of our thoughts and prayers are with you in this time of sadness and sorrow.......

Kyle Mullen
    Buchanan Twp Fire
    Buchanan Michigan.......

Administrator

Subject: Fallen Memphis Heroes

My prayers are with you.

Brother when you weep for me
    Remember it was meant to be
    Lay me down and when you leave
    Remember I'll be at your sleeve
    In every dark and choking hall
    I'll be there as you slowly crawl
    On every roof in driving snow
    I'll hold your coat and you will know
    In cellars hot with searing heat
    At windows where a gate you'll meet
    In closets where young children hide
    You know I'll be there at your side
    The house from which I now respond
    Is overstaffed with heroes gone
    Men who answered one last bell
    Did the job and did it well
    As firefighters we understand
    That death's a card dealt in our hand
    A card we hope we never play
    But one we hold there anyway
    That card is something that we ignore
    As we crawl across a weakened floor
    For we know that we are the only prayer
    For any one who might be there
    So remember as you wipe your tears
    The joy I knew throughout the years
    As I did the job I loved to do
    I pray this thought will see you through.

Author unknown

Tracey Curray
    Kittrell Vol. Fire Dept.
    Murfreesboro, TN

Administrator

Subject: tragedy in memphis

In response to a message from page one...I do not believe that God had anything to do with the sad event we experienced here in Memphis today. I believe He is as broken hearted as we are... for all concerned. Let us turn to Him for comfort and peace. A sincere thank you to all the firefighters and police officers who put their lives on the line everyday for us. You are in our thoughts and prayers during this difficult time. Don't give up. DJM

rollingover
    Firehouse.com Guest

This is by far the worst tragedy that any department to have to deal with. My heart and feelings go out to the families of those affected by what has happened in Memphis today.

MiniMedic5
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

As a reserve firefighter for Bartlett Fire Department, my heart goes out to the Memphis Fire Department and the Shelby County Sheriffs. All of the personnel and families of public service men and women have been touched today. We all know the dangers of our work, yet we never respond to a call expecting something like this to occur, especially at the hands of one of our own. May God bless all of you in this line of work, both full-time personnel and reserve/volunteer along with your families.

Unhappy

With a heavy heart, I add my message to the many who have written. It's another sad day in our profession. May the souls of our 2 brother firefighters and our "cousin" police officer be at rest. May God have mercy on our troubled brother as well, and may his soul find rest as well. Whatever would drive him to do this?

------------------
    Rick Reed
    Do it right, do it safely, do it once.

S. Spain
    Firehouse.com Guest

Our heart felt sorrow and prayers go out to the families of our fallen brothers and to our brothers & sisters of the Memphis Fire and Police Depts. We grieve with you. The Professional Firefighters of Kitsap County IAFF L-2819

tunndk
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

My sincere condolences to all involved in this terrible tragedy. May you all receive the peace that only the Prince of Peace, Jesus Christ, can give. I will be praying for you all and may God bless you in these extremely hard times.

CMWOFBPD
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

MY THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS ARE WITH THE FAMILIES, FRIENDS AND COWORKERS OF THE LIVES LOST TODAY IN SUCH A TERRIBLE INCIDENT.

LETS NOT FORGET THE ONES WHO HAVE TO STAY IN TOTAL CONTROL DURING THESE AWFUL SITUATIONS, YOUR DISPATCHERS. BEING A DISPATCHER MYSELF, THIS IS A TERRIBLE SITUATION ONE THAT I HAVE YET TO DEAL WITH, THANK GOD. MY HEART IS WITH THE MEMPHIS DISPATCHERS WHO ARE LESS FORTUNATE THAN I AM. KEEP IT TOGETHER AND MAY GOD BE WITH YOU AND YOURS AS YOUR DEPARTMENTS DEAL WITH SUCH A LOST OF THREE WONDERFUL MEN WHO WERE OUT TO PROTECT AND SERVE THEIR COMMUNITY.

YOU ARE IN MY THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS,

------------------
    MAY GOD BE WITH YOU,

CARLA

Rizz257
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

It is with great sadness that we must do this all to often...we the members of Heavy Rescue Co1 of Elmont wish to express our condolences to the families and friends of the two firefighters and the sheriff's deputy in Memphis.To pass while fighting a fire is a risk that is known to firefighters,but to be shot down is unthinkable. May the Supreme Chief watch over the families of these three fine brothers,and give all the emergency workers the power and will to continue to do the job as well as it has been done this far.God Bless those who have passed and give us the strength to continue.

Peter A Rizzo
    Heavy Rescue Co1
    Elmont FD Elmont NY

[This message has been edited by Rizz257 (edited March 09, 2000).]

Les.H
    Firehouse.com Guest

We expect to put our lives at risk but not for something like this. A total waste of lives.
    Our thoughts and prayers are with the families and friends of those who fell in the line of duty.

Kindest regards & stay safe.

Les, UK Sub Officer, Fire & Rescue

Ladder66
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

Horrible news to discover...

All of us at Fairfax/Madison Place Fire-Rescue wish to extend our very deepest sympathy to the families, friends and colleagues of the slain Memphis Firefighters, and Shelby County Deputy. All of you are in our every thought and prayer...

For those who suffer,
    and those who cry this night,
    give them repose, Lord;
    a pause in their burdens.
    Let there be minutes
    where they experience peace,
    not of man
    but of angels.
    Love them, Lord,
    when others cannot.
    Hold them, Lord,
    when we fail with human arms.
    Hear their prayers
    and give them the ability to hear You back
    in whatever language they best understand.

God bless you all...

Lt. Mark Milliron
    Fairfax/Madison Place Fire-Rescue
    Cincinnati, Ohio

TeeJay
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

On behalf of the Brookline, NH Fire Dept. I offer sympathy and condolences to the families of those slain and to the Memphis FD. LODD's are tough enough to deal with, but these circumstances are something we would never expect or anticipate. We should never have to deal with this. My prayers are with our brothers and sisters in Memphis.

ltfirewes
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

The thoughts and prayers of all Richmond Firefighters go out to the families and friends of the victims of the Memphis tradedy, and especially to those of the brother firefighters and police officer senselessy murdered. Our prayers are with you.

ResQRev
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

Kyrie Eleison
    Christe Eleison
    Kyrie Eleison

Don't forget to visit www.theultimatefirehouse.com

------------------
    Rev. John G. Fleischmann
    Director
    Suffolk Co. NY CISM Team

Lt Overmyer
    Firehouse.com Guest

The pain that your feeling and the emotions that are running rapid through you, are also being felt by all firefighters. I can only offer pray for you.

I wish I could do more. But as time goes on lessons will be learned from this tragic incident, and we will all grow from it.

Keep your heads held high, We our the bravest in the world. God be with you in your tragic loss, protect you, and guide you in the right path. We love each and every one of you.

Your brother in the fire service and your brother in Christ Jesus,

Lt. Brett J Overmyer
    Carmel Fire Department
    Carmel, IN

Thread Information