Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BCFD FF PM
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

My deepest sympathy goes out to the Family of
    the Firefighters, and fellow brothers/Sisters of Memphis, FD.
    Its a shame and a sad comentary of what our
    society has lowered itself too. Its hard enough to deal with the loss of brothers and sisters fighting fires, now we have to worry about getting slain by gunfire by those we have chosen to protect and serve. A sad, sad,
    state of affair. Again my deepest sympathy to all this personally effects

------------------

truckie1794
    Firehouse.com Guest

Angry

It is with the deepest regret and a tremendous amount of frustration that we acknowledge the supreme sacrifice made by 2 brother firefighters and a brother law enforcement officer in Memphis. On behalf of the Porter VFD, Texas, I wish to offer our deepest condolences to the families, co-workers and friends of these brave gentlemen.

Tom Gruber
    Captain, Porter VFD, Texas

dennishaight
    Firehouse.com Guest

Firefighters risk their lives to help people. Only God can explain this tragedy. May those of us who remain carry out our duties with greater spirt, in their memory

------------------

Bob Snyder
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

Our sincerest condolences to the families, friends and fellow firefighters of our fallen brothers in Memphis, from the officers, crew and families of the Friendship Fire Company #2 of Mohnton, PA.

Hotstuff
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

Our sincerest condolences from Local #2141 -Alexandria Virginia Firefighters. The deaths of two brother firefighters and a deputy sheriff is very sad to hear about. Our thoughts and prayers go out to their families and friends. We, as firefighters, are supposed to be tough,rugged people. When I saw this morning how these men had died tragically doing their jobs ...... I cried !

------------------
    Daniel Harden
    Fire Lieutenant

Capt-EJ12
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

It is of great sorrow, to the Richmond Virginia Department of Fire and Emergency Services, to learn of the untimely deaths of Fire Lieutenant Javier Lerma, Firefighter William Blakemore, Sheriff Deputy Rupert Peete and that of MS Stacey Williams.

We all have all lost another member of our great family.

There are never the correct words to say at this time of why? Please accept this Department's sincere sympathy and condolences to the family of the lost members and to the members of the Memphis Fire Department and the Shelby County Sheriff's Department.

May God bless all Firefighters and Law Enforcement Officers. Stay Safe and Well.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Capt-EJ12 (edited March 09, 2000).]

Scooter
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

There are no words that can remotely express our feelings.
    There are no actions we can perform to right this wrong.
    Our thoughts and prayers are our intercession to our heavenly father for our fallen brothers.
    May God keep them close to his loving presence.

JD Schlotterbeck
    Chief Lake Shore VFD

mludwick
    Firehouse.com Guest

TO THE MEMBERS OF THE MEMPHIS FIRE DEPARTMENT

THE OFFICERS AND MEMBERS OF THE BETHEL TOWNSHIP FIRE DEPARTMENT, CLARK COUNTY, OHIO SEND THEIR SINCERE CONDOLENCES AND SYMPATHY TO THE DEPARTMENT AND ESPECIALLY TO THE FAMILIES OF LT. JAVIER LERMA, PVT. WILLIAM BLAKEMORE AND DEPUTY RUPERT PEETE. KNOW THAT OUR THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS ARE WITH YOU TODAY AND WILL BE WITH YOU THROUGH THOSE TOUGH DAYS AHEAD. GOD GRANT THEM ETERNAL PEACE AND WRAP THEIR FAMILIES IN HIS EVER LOVING ARMS.

------------------
    Mike Ludwick

21TFD
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

On behalf of all the members of the Troy, Ohio Fire Dpartment, I wish to extend our deepest sympathies to the families of the two fallen Memphis Fire Fighters who were so needlessly taken from them. Our thoughts and prayers are also with the Brothers & Sisters of the MFD who lost their co-workers in this senseless act. As the eyes of the nation turn their attention to you, I wish that you all may be comforted by the thoughts and prayers of this country's Fire Fighting Family. May God bless you all and keep you from harm.

kajones
    Firehouse.com Guest

I am a resident of Memphis, TN and am just sick about this whole situation. I want to express my deepest sympathies to the families and friends of these brave men. Its a shame that these two men were calling their duty and were taken in such a horrific crime. May God Bless you keep you all safe!! My prayers are with you all.

Amy Richardson
    Firehouse.com Guest

I would just like to send out my most heartfelt sympathies. My husband is also a Memphis Fire Fighter. I can't possibly imagine the grief these families must be going thru. I do understand where they are coming from. Please remember that these guys were only at that place at that time b/c God wanted them there. There is a reason for every thing that happens. I know that is easy for me to say, but it is true. I just pray that God can give you the strength to make it thru these horrible times. Just remember that our prayers are with you and we love you guys.

Wife of a Firefighter

Kobersteen
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

On behalf of the nearly 3,000 members of the Houston (Texas) Professional Fire Fighters Association - IAFF Local 341, we want to extend our sincere condolences to the men and women of the Memphis Fire Department. May God watch over you and your families in your time of need.

Joel Kobersteen
    Firefighter/Paramedic
    Houston (TX) Fire Department www.local341.org

Chris_Callsen
    Firehouse.com Guest

Sometimes, words simply do not allow us to express the feelings that come when looking at such an incredible, senseless tragedy.

The Travis County Department of Emergency Services expresses our deepest respect and sorrow for the members, families, and friends of the Memphis Fire Department and the Shelby County Sherriff's Office. Our prayers and thoughts are with you and our pain is only surpassed by your own.

------------------
    Christian E. Callsen, Jr., LP
    Director, Department of Emergency Services
    Travis County, Texas
    (512) 473-9368
    (512) 236-6471 Fax
    (512) 802-0190 Pager
    chris.callsen@co.travis.tx.us

Judy Martinez
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

I AM THE MOTHER OF A FIREFIGHTER, AND MY CONDOLENCES GOR OUT TO THE ENTIRE FAMILIES OF THE FIREFIGHTERS AND POLICE OFFICER KILLED IN MEMPHIS.

YOU WOULD NOT IMAGINE GOING TO A FIRE CALL AND BEING SHOT. IT IS A SAD DAY FOR ALL GOD HELP US AND GOD BE WITH THE FAMILIES.

MOTHER OF A FIREFIGHTER

brentley73
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

As a former FF/Paramedic at Memphis Fire Department, I express my deepest and most sincere sympathy to all the family members of the victims. I hope that all employees at MFD are able to pull through these difficult times. My thoughts are with each and everyone of you in your time of grief. This was my shift that I worked on and it hit me very hard. Better days are sure to come, and stay strong and support each other in your time of grief. My prayers are with you even though I am no longer one of you.

Brent Farrar
    Union City, Tn

[This message has been edited by brentley73 (edited March 09, 2000).]

Heart2fixit
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

As the wife of a firefighter, I stand along side of those who lost their husband, brother, son and father and offer a prayer for all of them. I cannot begin to imagine what pain this causes you, because it breaks MY heart, too. My thoughts and prayers are with the families of these HEROS. God bless the man who puts someone elses life in front of his own.

------------------
    Every day is a gift...treat it that way!

Administrator

From E-mail:

I FEEL SO BAD FOR THE FAMILIES OF THE FIREFIGHTERS THAT WERE KILLED. IT IS
    UNFORTUNATE THAT THESE MEN WENT TO THAT HOME TO PUT OUT A FIRE BECAUSE
    THAT'S THE LINE OF WORK THEY'RE IN, ONLY TO BE SHOT IN THE LINE OF DUTY.
    MY HEART AND PRAYERS GO OUT TO YOU ALL. MAY GOD BE WITH YOU. TIFFANI
    HARRIS-ADAM'S MARK HOTEL-SALES DEPARTMENT

Rodney Wagner
    Firehouse.com Guest

On behalf of the Ridgefield Park, NJ, Volunteer Fire Department, I wish to extend our heartfelt condolences to the family, co-workers & friends of the fallen firefighters.

------------------
    Assistant Chief Rodney Wagner
    Ridgefield Park, NJ Volunteer Fire Department

Administrator

From E-mail:

PLEASE ACCEPT OUR SINCEREST AND DEEPEST CONDOLENCES FROM THE
    OFFICERS AND MEMBERS OF THE LAUREL FIRE DEPARTMENT IN LAUREL DELAWARE.
    WE ALL KNOW THAT THIS IS NOT SUPPOSED TO BE ONE OF THE OBSTACLES THAT WE
    HAVE TO DEAL WITH WHEN RESPONDING. ALSO, PLEASE PASS OUR CONDOLENCES TO
    THE FAMILIES OF THE SLAIN FIREFIGHTERS.
    JEFF HILL -- FIRE CHIEF

Administrator

From E-mail:

I want to give my thoughts to the families who were involved in this tragedy
    on March 8. I am a local firefighter and I feel like 3 brothers were lost
    in this event. Sometimes we can't justify things that God allows to happen,
    all we can do is figure out the sunbeam of positive that we are suppossed to
    see and act on it.
    My prayers are with you.

AG462

Thread Information