Heart2fixit
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

As the wife of a firefighter, I stand along side of those who lost their husband, brother, son and father and offer a prayer for all of them. I cannot begin to imagine what pain this causes you, because it breaks MY heart, too. My thoughts and prayers are with the families of these HEROS. God bless the man who puts someone elses life in front of his own.

------------------
    Every day is a gift...treat it that way!

Administrator

From E-mail:

I FEEL SO BAD FOR THE FAMILIES OF THE FIREFIGHTERS THAT WERE KILLED. IT IS
    UNFORTUNATE THAT THESE MEN WENT TO THAT HOME TO PUT OUT A FIRE BECAUSE
    THAT'S THE LINE OF WORK THEY'RE IN, ONLY TO BE SHOT IN THE LINE OF DUTY.
    MY HEART AND PRAYERS GO OUT TO YOU ALL. MAY GOD BE WITH YOU. TIFFANI
    HARRIS-ADAM'S MARK HOTEL-SALES DEPARTMENT

Rodney Wagner
    Firehouse.com Guest

On behalf of the Ridgefield Park, NJ, Volunteer Fire Department, I wish to extend our heartfelt condolences to the family, co-workers & friends of the fallen firefighters.

------------------
    Assistant Chief Rodney Wagner
    Ridgefield Park, NJ Volunteer Fire Department

Administrator

From E-mail:

PLEASE ACCEPT OUR SINCEREST AND DEEPEST CONDOLENCES FROM THE
    OFFICERS AND MEMBERS OF THE LAUREL FIRE DEPARTMENT IN LAUREL DELAWARE.
    WE ALL KNOW THAT THIS IS NOT SUPPOSED TO BE ONE OF THE OBSTACLES THAT WE
    HAVE TO DEAL WITH WHEN RESPONDING. ALSO, PLEASE PASS OUR CONDOLENCES TO
    THE FAMILIES OF THE SLAIN FIREFIGHTERS.
    JEFF HILL -- FIRE CHIEF

Administrator

From E-mail:

I want to give my thoughts to the families who were involved in this tragedy
    on March 8. I am a local firefighter and I feel like 3 brothers were lost
    in this event. Sometimes we can't justify things that God allows to happen,
    all we can do is figure out the sunbeam of positive that we are suppossed to
    see and act on it.
    My prayers are with you.

AG462

Administrator

From E-mail:

I want to give my thoughts to the families who were involved in this tragedy
    on March 8. I am a local firefighter and I feel like 3 brothers were lost
    in this event. Sometimes we can't justify things that God allows to happen,
    all we can do is figure out the sunbeam of positive that we are suppossed to
    see and act on it.
    My prayers are with you.

AG462

Administrator

From E-mail:

As a Firefighters Association we know the tradgedy of losing a Brother
    Firefighter.
    Last year we lost a Firefighter during a wildfire,

Please accept our condolences and prayers. We are deeply saddened and are
    thinking of you.

Santa Barbara City Firefighters Association IAFF Local 4006

JLoukota
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

When I first learned of the events, my first thoughts were of shock and sadness...
    when I thought a little deeper I began to feel angry, and then I thought how it would have been the last thing I would have expected when arriving on scene... and as I sat in the station thinking about what my family would be going through if I didn't come home, I got a lump in my throat...
    You just don't think that it could happen to you, when in reality we really don't know... but when I heard who was responsible... words cannot explain.

Thank you for your dedication and bravery, for your selfless acts of courage...
    for protecting those you have not yet met... for paying the ultimate price...

May God watch over all of those left behind... Each and every one of us...

May you find comfort in his spirt... and in the knowlege that those whom we have lost would not hesitate to respond to the next call for help

With heartfelt sympathy,
    John Loukota
    Firemedic, Charlotte Co. Fire and EMS
    Punta Gorda, FL

jsb72z
    Firehouse.com Guest

To all the men and women of the Memphis Fire Dept. and the Shelby County S.O my thoughts and prayers are with you. My husband and I are both Police Officers and he is also a volunteer fireman. We have many friends in both professions and know the loss and hurt you must be feeling. May God bless and keep each of you and know that many prayers are going up for you.

------------------
    JAMIE BLANKENSHIP

Flashover 3
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

To all Memphis Fire Dept. personnel I want to send my greatest sorrow about the tragic incident. I was in Memphis at the time of the shooting and wanted to go to the scene and comfort those that were there but I was on another sorrowful mission in attending my uncle's funeral. It makes me wonder if maybe one of these brave men took care of my uncle when he was involved in an accident three weeks ago. This accident is what took his life Monday.
    From the Iuka, Ms Fire & Rescue our prayers are with you.

mrspacemonkey
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

God be with the families and friends of those who lost their lives. God be with us all.

[This message has been edited by mrspacemonkey (edited March 09, 2000).]

LtBrody
    Firehouse.com Guest

It is a sad day for the fire and police services. I am a Lieutenant/Paramedic with the Newport Fire Department in Arkansas, and we have to deal with being shot at when responding, but luckily we have never been hit. What really makes it so sad is the fact that one of our own could not deal with his problems and took it out on his brothers. May God wrap the families and firefighters in his loving arms and provide comfort for the difficult days ahead. Ya'll are in our thoughts and prayers.

Brody Hubbard

engine10_iaff12
    Firehouse.com Guest

Angry

On behalf of IAFF Local 12, We are deeply saddened by the loss of our Brothers in Memphis, TN. We hope that their families and coworkers can find a way to deal with this tragic case. As we all look for answers, let us continue to do the job we have set out to do, to save lives and protect property,and to do it to the best of our ability. May God bless their families and coworkers, Our Brothers and Sisters in Memphis.
    Fraternally Yours,
    G.B.Yoho (member)
    IAFF Local 12
    Wheeling Firefighters
    Wheeling, WV.

kfdffrab
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

My deepest condolences to the brothers and sisters and families of the Memphis Firefighters and to the fellow deputies and families of the deceased Sheriff Deputy. And to the family and friends of the wife. My thoughts and prayers are with you all.

gravy
    Firehouse.com Guest

May the peace of Christ be with all of you dealing with the grief of this incident. As a fellow fire fighter, I feel the loss. My prayers are with you all.

Oesstar
    Firehouse.com Guest

Angry

I want to say that I had the chance to meet Big Will two months ago at station 40 in Memphis. He was cooking at the time when I arrived. For the first time the station had the smell of real food. I watched him take his time to prepare every item to perfection and he took his time to explain some of his secrets. He always kept a smile and did not mind doing anything to help anyone. I could not explain the moment when I heard the news. I had no emotion. It made me actually think about my life and how much I take it for granted. I viewed him as how I would love for my father to be. I was raised without a father and Big Will was my ideal father. He told me about his children and I wished that my father would talk about me that way. He helped me realize alot of things and I thank him for the tremendous impression that he made in my life.
    I would also like to say that I too will miss him very very very much and my prayers are with his family and his station family at 39.
    Jesus is a healer and a keeper.
    Love Yah
    Ms. LaTonya Star Porter

Thread Information