Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Administrator

Post Memphis - Condolences (Thread III)

Please continue to post condolences and messages of support here.

Additional threads will be added as needed to speed up the server.

Thanks
    WebTeam

Administrator

From E-Mail:

Subject: Deaths in Memphis

What have we as a nation come to when life, liberty and the pursuit of
    happiness means so little to so many. These people are there to protect
    our lives and property and today three were murdered by someone whose
    rage was not at them but himself.

It is a terrible shame that we, as a nation, cannot do our duty without
    being subjected to these acts by derangd unbalanced people.

My heart goes out to the wives and children, mothers and fathers of
    those men whose lives were so needlessly cut short today.

May God be with you in this time of deep sorrow. He will guide you
    through it.

Administrator

Forwarded from E-Mail:

I am a civilian living in Walls, MS. I'm just a few miles away from where the
    terrible tradgedy occured today. I have driven by that house hundreds of
    times and never would have believed that such a thing could have happened
    there. My thoughts and prayers go out to the families of the two
    firefighters, the officer, and the little boy who lost his mother. The
    accused gunman was also a firefighter who worrked with the men he killed. He
    also killed his wife leaving a 7-year-old boy to deal with the aftermath of
    what his father has done. What is wrong with the people in this world today?
    I can't speak for everyone but I would like to say THANK YOU!!! to every
    police officer, firefighter, EMT, and anyone else who has to deal with
    dangerous situations on an everyday basis. I know you don't here it often
    enough. Please be careful and God bless each and every one of you.

Carolyn Torvik

Administrator

Subject: MEMPHIS TRAGEDY

AS A FIREFIGHTER/PARAMEDIC WITH THE MEMPHIS FIRE DEPT., I AM DEEPLY SADDENED,
    HURT, ANGRY, AND EMBARASSED THAT "ONE OF OUR OWN" COULD DO THIS. MY THOUGHTS
    GO OUT TO EACH AND EVERY ONE OF THESE FAMILIES WHO HAVE SUFFERED A VERY
    TRAGIC, SENSELESS LOSS. MY PRAYERS & THOUGHTS ARE WITH YOU.

LTANDY

Administrator

Subject: Memphis shooting.....
    To: webteam@firehouse.com

To the families of the fallen Firefighters,

From the Houston County Fire dept. in Warner Robins, Ga.
    As to the sadness of your loss of our fellow firefighters, we see the
    families effected in such a brave line of work, too this we send our Dear
    sincere sadness to your loss and pray with the Nation of firefighters in
    seeing them as hero's to their Job and the public they served.
    Paul
    HCFD 750#

joebar
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

On behalf of The Bergenfield Fire Department, Bergenfield, NJ I send our sincerest condolences to those affected by this deep, albeit senseless and insane tradgedy. Our hearts hurt with yours over the loss of our Brothers. We offer our prayers to help strengthen you in this difficult and painful time.

------------------

Paterson FireOfficers
    Firehouse.com Guest

What a sad, sad day for the Fire Service once again. It is a horrible shame that two more Brothers and a Brother in Blue will not be able to go home to their families tonight. We have to brave all the elements of fire, yet we forget the elements of human behavior. This is a sad wake up call for all firefighters around the world, and politicians everywhere that we have the most dangerous job in the world, and that the Firefighter is "America's Last Hero".
    In the year 2000 far to many Firefighers have been called into eternity. We must remember and get across to all politicians, neighbors, homeowners and taxpayers that our job is getting more dangerous by the hour.
    Our thoughts and prayers go out to our Brothers in Memphis and especially the families who will be watched over forever by the Lord, for it is he who created the Fire Fighter.

May God Bless

The Executive Board
    Paterson Fire Officers
    IAFF Local 3860 http://www.iaff3860.com/

[This message has been edited by Paterson FireOfficers (edited March 08, 2000).]

Paterson FireOfficers
    Firehouse.com Guest

THE CREATION OF THE FIREFIGHTER

When the Lord was creating Firefighters, he was into his sixth day of overtime when an angel appeared and said, "Your doing a lot of fiddling around on this one."

And the Lord said "Have you read the specification on this person? Firefighters have to be able to go for hours fighting fires or tending to a person that the usual every day person would never touch, while putting in the back of their mind the circumstances. They have to be able to move at a seconds notice and not think twice of what they are about to do, no matter what the danger. They have to be in top physical condition at all times, running on half-eaten meals, and they must have six pairs of hands.

The Angel shook her head slowly and said, "Six pair of hands... no way."

"It's not the hands that are causing me the problems," said the Lord, "it's the three pairs of eyes a Firefighter has to have."

"That's on the standard model?" asked the angel.

The Lord nodded. "One pair that sees through the fire and where they and their fellow Firefighters should fight the fire next. Another pair here in the side of the head to see their fellow Firefighters and keep them safe. And another pair of eyes in the front so that they can look for the victims caught in the fire that need their help."

"Lord" said the angel, touching his sleeve, "Rest and work on this tommorrow."

"I can't" said the Lord, "I already have a model that can carry a 250 pound man down a flight of stairs and to safety from a burning building, and can feed a family of five on a civil service paycheck."

The angel circled the model of the Firefighter very slowly, Can it think?"

"You bet" said the Lord. "It can tell you the elements of a hundred fires; and can recite procedures in their sleep that are needed to care for a person until they reach the hospital. And all the while they have to keep their wits about themselves. This Firefighter also has phenomenal personal control. They can deal with a scene full of pain and hurt, coaxing a child's mother into letting go of the child so that they can care for the child in need. And still they rarely get the recongnition for a job well done from anybody, other than from fellow Firefighters."

Finally, the angel bent over and ran her fingers across the cheek of the Firefighter. "There's a leak," she pronounced. "Lord it's a tear. What's the tear for?" asked the angel.

"It's a tear from bottled-up emotions for fallen comrades. A tear for commitment to that funny piece of cloth called the American Flag. It's a tear for all the pain and suffering they have encountered. And it's a tear for their commitment to caring for and saving lives of their fellow man!"

"What a wonderful feature Lord, you're a genious" said the angel.

The Lord looked somber and said, "I didn't put it there."

~~ AUTHOR UNKNOWN ~~

IAFF3860

Administrator

My deepest condolences to the family of the firefighters and police officers who were killed during this tragic episode.

Philip Kurokawa
    Menlo Park, CA 94025-2043

A retired Reserve Police Officer, Palo Alto (CA) Police Department!

RyanEMVFD
    Firehouse.com Guest

All across the world, follow firefighters will come together and mourn for our brothers that were lost today. Please let them not be forgotten and let this never happen again.

On behalf of the Elm Mott Volunteer Fire Dept. in Elm Mott, Texas, our hearts go out to the Memphis Fire Dept and to their families and friends of the two that were lost today.

RyanEMVFD

Administrator

MAY GOD BLESS AND KEEP THE FAMILIES OF THE SLAINED MEN WHO DIED PROTECTING CITIZENS OF THEIR COMMUNITY. AND MAY GOD MEET YOUR LOVED ONES AS THEY ENTER INTO HIS HOLY KINGDOM...HEAVEN.

YOURS IN CHRIST,
    OAK GROVE M.B. CHURCH
    REV. ALVIN SUMMERS, PASTOR

Administrator

Subject: TRAGEDY IN MEMPHIS

My heart goes out to all the families that this senseless tragedy has struck.

I was on my lunch break today when I almost collided with the police and the fire truck on their way to the sceen. I had know idea what was wrong until I returned to my office and heard it on the radio. I sat there with tears in my eyes, I was shocked at what I heard. I know right now it seems like you will never have any comfort and you are probably very angry at God, I know I was 3 yrs ago when my husband fell dead in front of me with a heart attack at the age of 34.

My whole life changed. Please have faith in God that he will help you thru this. Its ok to be mad at him he understands. They say everrthing happens for a reason and I guess it does but we may never know that reason, I still don't. I will light a candle and pray for all of you.

Please stay safe. We need you.

Administrator

To: Forums <Forums@Firehouse.Com>

On behalf of the Tupelo Fire Department, I would like to send our prayers out to the families of the firemen and the sheriff's deputy that were killed in Memphis today. To all the firemen, policemen, and ems workers, who put their lives in harms way for the protection of life and property of the people of their community. Who most of the time recieve little or no appreciation for their service. Continue to believe in yourselves and your departments and the job you are doing.

It does not go unappreciated, there are people who do care. May God bless you all and may the heroes who gave their lives today not soon be forgotten.

Administrator

Forwarded from E-Mail:

As I sit here in my comfortable home with my two children and husband...I can truly say that regardless of tragedies God is still good!!My family and I sent up a prayer in hopes that the fallen firefighters and policeman's families would find comfort in the bossom of God, and that the Shooter
    would find peace by asking God for forgiveness.

In this time of hate, we should look to the hills from whence cometh our help and strength, and to always lean on God during times of sorrow and pain. God knows what is best and I truly believe that He will make a way out of no way, because He is a on time God. So to the loved ones of those slained...hold on, because joy cometh in the morning and God has not forsaken you. We should not cease to pray to God for peace, love and harmony...because He is all three.
    Remember that no matter where one lives tragedy can still creep in.

So from my little family in Martin, TN we send love and heartfelt sympathy...and if there is some lost soul may he/she find

God.....Love From Small Martin,TN
    Roy, Natalie, Cameron & Mariah Boyd

ICat
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

As a citizen of Memphis I would like to extend my thoughts and prayers to the families and friends of those that lost their lives in Hickory Hill today. My utmost respect is extended to those that put their lives on the line every day so that we can feel safe on the streets and in our own homes. Rememer when you see those lights....pull over.....they just may be in route to your house or an accident involving someone you love.

robitj11
    Firehouse.com Guest

The horror of this incident is unfathomable, and is only overshadowed by the sorrow we feel in losing some of our bravest in this way. May God have mercy on thier souls, and on the soul of the shooter. I grieve for the families.
    Tom Robinson

robitj11
    Firehouse.com Guest

The horror of this incident is unfathomable, and is only overshadowed by the sorrow we feel in losing some of our bravest in this way. May God have mercy on thier souls, and on the soul of the shooter. I grieve for the families.
    Tom Robinson

------------------
    Firefighter 35 clear

robitj11
    Firehouse.com Guest

Tom Robinson

------------------
    Firefighter 35 clear

robitj11
    Firehouse.com Guest

Tom Robinson

------------------
    Firefighter 35 clear

jholcomb
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

My heart and prayers goes out to the families of the fire fighters and deputy. Thanks for your sacrifice, although it should have never happened.

------------------
    Jason B. Holcomb
    www.smalltown-usa.net

Thread Information