Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    jim whitfield
    Firehouse.com Guest

Post Memphis Condolences

On behalf of the departments and members that make up Sunflower County Fire Protection, I wish to extend our deepest sympathies to the friends and families of the two Memphis firefighters and the Shelby County deputy sheriff, as well as their respective departments. Our prayers and thoughts are offered to uphold and sustain you through the dark days ahead.

A close friend in every prayer he utters prays the Lord's comfort to "those who cry out in pain"...those are our words tonight.

Comfort may also be found in the hymn, "How Firm A Foundation"...

...When through firey trials your pathway shall lie,
    ...My grace all sufficient shall be thy supply;
    ...The flame shall not hurt thee; I only design
    ...Thy dross to consume, and thy gold to refine.

While the earthly dross that was the physical bodies of these brave men has been consumed, take comfort in knowing that their gold has truly been refined above.

James A. Whitfield, Jr., MCEM
    Sunflower County, MS Fire Coordinator

BOBBY SPARGO
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

OUR THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS GO OUT TO THE FAMILIES. WE HOPE AND PRAY THIS WILL NEVER HAPPEN AGAIN.I BELIEVE GOD CALLS FIRE FIGHTERS TO DO A JOB MOST PEOPLE WOULD NOT THINK OF DOING.SOME WHERE IN HEAVEN THEIR IS A TASK THAT NEEDS TO BE TAKEN CARE OF, AND HE NEEDED TWO OF THE BRAVIEST PEOPLE HE COULD GET. GOD BLESS.

------------------
    A.O.E. BOBBY SPARGO ALBANY FIRE DEPT.ALBANY GA. STATION 5 C-SHIFT

adcolemn
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

I am a student teacher attending the University of Memphis. My heart skips a beat everyday I ride home and hear of all these senseless killings. I am praying for all those effected. Please let it end soon.

Adam Coleman
    Student Teacher
    University of Memphis
    adcolemn@latte.memphis.edu

Thread Information