Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Captstanm
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy Fayetteville NC Condolences

As another tragedy strikes us I just sit and shake my head. Regardless of the circumstance we have lost another Brother Fireifghter and this time as a result of a fals alarm. Our hearts and prayers go out the Fayetteville Fire Department and all its members. As well we pray for the family of our fallen brother. We will forever be with you in your time of greif and sorrow.

From Virginia
    Stan, Karen, Trey and Ryan

Paterson FireOfficers
    Firehouse.com Guest

Another Sad day in the Fire Service as yet another Brother will not return home to his family after his tour of duty.
    The Executive Board and Members of IAFF Local 3860 want to extend our Deepest Sympathy to Family and Friends. To all our Brothers in Fayetteville NC we send our prayers.

IAFF Local 3860
    http://www.iaff3860.com/

[This message has been edited by Paterson FireOfficers (edited March 18, 2000).]

Paterson FireOfficers
    Firehouse.com Guest

THE CREATION OF THE FIREFIGHTER

When the Lord was creating Firefighters, he was into his sixth day of overtime when an angel appeared and said, "Your doing a lot of fiddling around on this one."

And the Lord said "Have you read the specification on this person? Firefighters have to be able to go for hours fighting fires or tending to a person that the usual every day person would never touch, while putting in the back of their mind the circumstances. They have to be able to move at a seconds notice and not think twice of what they are about to do, no matter what the danger. They have to be in top physical condition at all times, running on half-eaten meals, and they must have six pairs of hands.

The Angel shook her head slowly and said, "Six pair of hands... no way."

"It's not the hands that are causing me the problems," said the Lord, "it's the three pairs of eyes a Firefighter has to have."

"That's on the standard model?" asked the angel.

The Lord nodded. "One pair that sees through the fire and where they and their fellow Firefighters should fight the fire next. Another pair here in the side of the head to see their fellow Firefighters and keep them safe. And another pair of eyes in the front so that they can look for the victims caught in the fire that need their help."

"Lord" said the angel, touching his sleeve, "Rest and work on this tommorrow."

"I can't" said the Lord, "I already have a model that can carry a 250 pound man down a flight of stairs and to safety from a burning building, and can feed a family of five on a civil service paycheck."

The angel circled the model of the Firefighter very slowly, Can it think?"

"You bet" said the Lord. "It can tell you the elements of a hundred fires; and can recite procedures in their sleep that are needed to care for a person until they reach the hospital. And all the while they have to keep their wits about themselves. This Firefighter also has phenomenal personal control. They can deal with a scene full of pain and hurt, coaxing a child's mother into letting go of the child so that they can care for the child in need. And still they rarely get the recongnition for a job well done from anybody, other than from fellow Firefighters."

Finally, the angel bent over and ran her fingers across the cheek of the Firefighter. "There's a leak," she pronounced. "Lord it's a tear. What's the tear for?" asked the angel.

"It's a tear from bottled-up emotions for fallen comrades. A tear for commitment to that funny piece of cloth called the American Flag. It's a tear for all the pain and suffering they have encountered. And it's a tear for their commitment to caring for and saving lives of their fellow man!"

"What a wonderful feature Lord, you're a genious" said the angel.

The Lord looked somber and said, "I didn't put it there."

~~ AUTHOR UNKNOWN ~~

IAFF3860 http://www.iaff3860.com/

jtlfayettevilNC
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

Well the day has come again when we at F.F.D. have lost another brother. David Sharp was friend and brother to all. We at the F.F.D. thank you for your thoughts and prayers. Please keep Davids family in your prayers as Davids wife is expecting their first child.

As my wife and I were on our way to dinner you get that page to report to duty. All the way to the station you could only think about the fact that something tragic has happen. Only to find out that a brother has lost his life while on duty and to never return home again to his family.

This night all C-shift personnel were to relieve our brothers that were on the scene. It was a long night to talk about what may have happened and I guess we will never know why David made the decision to cross those tracks.

To my brothers and sisters of the F.F.D. talk to each other and stick together.

And tell those people that you care about that you LOVE them, because you may never have that chance again. ToTheFamilyWeLoveYou
    jtl

FUNERAL ARRANGEMENTS FOR FAYETTEVILLE FIREFIGHTER DAVID SHARP

The family will recieve friends on Monday
    3-20-2000 from 5pm to 7pm at Boles Funeral Home located in PINHURST NORTH CAROLINA.

The funeral is Tuesday 3-21-2000 at 11am, Bethesda Presbyterian Church located on US 1 in ABERDEEN NORTH CAROLINA.

The family of David Sharp request that DONATIONS be made in LIEU of flowers to "SANDHILLS CHILDREN CENTER" in SOUTHERN PINES NORTH CAROLINA.

[This message has been edited by jtlfayettevilNC (edited March 19, 2000).]

PHASEDFIGHTER
    Firehouse.com Guest

ITS HARD TO TAKE WHEN A BROTHER FALLS, WE ALL KNOW THE HAZARDS, WE CONTINUE BECAUSE WE CARE BECAUSE WE LOVE WHAT WE DO. OUR PRAYERS AND THOUGHTS WILL BE WITH THE FAYETTEVILLE F.D. AND THE FAMILY OF OUR FALLEN BROTHER. MAY GOD BLESS AND WATCH OVER HIM AND THE ONES HE LEFT BEHIND.

THE MEN AND WOMEN OF THE CHESNEE F.D. CHESNEE S.C.

------------------

Rodney Wagner
    Firehouse.com Guest

On behalf of the Ridgefield Park, NJ Fire Department, I extend to Firefighter David Sharp's family, friends & co-workers our deepest condolences on his final alarm. Our thoughts are with all of you.

------------------
    Assistant Chief Rodney Wagner
    Ridgefield Park, NJ Volunteer Fire Department

Oxford Fire Police
    Firehouse.com Guest

The Oxford Fire Police sends its deepest sympathies to the family and friends of Firefighter David Sharp. May it be of comfort to know our prayers are with you during this time of sorrow. God Bless.

1st Lt. Maria Hilligoss
    Oxford Fire Police Unit
    Oxford Fire Dept.
    Oxford, ME

T ony Hartman
    Firehouse.com Guest

The members of Dresden Fire Department wish to pas on their condolences to the family, freinds, and follow members of Fayetteville Fire Department on the passing of Firefighter David Sharp. May God be with you in this time of need.

ScottA7377
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

I was shocked to read about David's death on the Net! I went to school with him in Southern Pines. I have many fond school memories of David. He was a good friend. I lost contact with him after graduation. I now live in New York. I am also currently a Vol. Firefighter/EMT here in N.Y. My heartfelt condolences go out to my fellow FF in Fayetteville and also to David's friends and family in Aberdeen.
    Scott Allen
    ScottA7377@AOL.COM

[This message has been edited by ScottA7377 (edited March 18, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by ScottA7377 (edited March 18, 2000).]

keitho61
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

To the family and friends of David Sharp and the members of the Fayetteville Fire Department our deepest symphony and thoughts are with you in your time of loss of a brother firefighter.

Members of the Gamewell Fire Department, Lenoir, NC

FFDE1C
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

We would like to offer our sympathy and prayers to the family of David as well as to E11-B. May the good memories of our fallen brother ease the pain in our time of sorrow.
    E1-C
    jbm

FireNnc
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

Theres nothing more heart breaking then to see one our brothers lost in the line of duty. to know that he will never return from his last alarm.
    I got the call form my station about David about 7:30 the night of the accident. When i got off the phone I just looked at my wife and told her how much i Love her and began to cry. Not for me but for Davids family.After working yesterday and taking about David with my brothers at work. Ive learned one thing and that David was a GREAT person. I didn't know David, but after yesterday I know David.
    To all of the F.F.D. you are in our prayers . Alos we in Cumberland County are there for you.All 22 station.

Ladder 2
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

The Brothers and Sisters of Durham Fire Station 2 wish to express our deepest sympathy and concern for the family,friends and co-workers of David Sharp. Know that you are in our hearts and prayers.

engine10_iaff12
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

On behalf of IAFF Local 12, we extend our heartfelt sorrow for the loss of our brother in Fayetteville,NC. May god bless his family and co-workers. We hope that you all overcome your greif with the good memories you have and continue to fulfill your calling. God bless you all and be safe.
    Fraternally,
    G.B. Yoho (member)
    IAFF Local 12
    Wheeling Firefighters
    Wheeling, WV.

Ltzanders
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

I was sad to hear of your loss. My thought and prayers are with you all. The Morrisville Fire Dept will continue to keep you in our thoughts. God Bless You All.

------------------
    Norman R. Zanders, Jr.
    Lieutenant
    Morrisville Fire Dept
    Enging 2-A

Chris Baker
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

To the brothers and sisters of the F.F.D. we sincerely and with heavy hearts extend our deepsest regrets at the loss of a firefighter. In this time of sadness we will bow our heads and say a prayer for another brave soul that has passed to early.

The Glenburn Fire Department
    Glenburn, Me

Rizz257
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

It is with great sadness that we must once again do this.........The Officers and members of Heavy Rescue Co 1 of the Elmont FD wish to express our heartfelt condolences to the family and friends of David Sharp.This loss of life is truly senseless due to he was returning from a falsm alarm.May the Supreme Chief watch over David's family and with his guiding hand lead David to the real Headquarters.

Peter Rizzo 1st Lt
    Heavy Rescue Co 1
    Elmont FD
    Elmont NY

Dean Turner
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

The members of the Pope Air Force Base Fire Department wish to extend our deepest sympathies to the family of David Sharp and the members of the Fayetteville City Fire Department. You are in our thoughts and our prayers. May God hold you all in the palm of His hands.

Members of the Pope AFB Fire Department

------------------

Americas Heroes
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

From all of us at Dalmatian Productions, Inc., we extend our sincere condolences to the family, comrades and friends of FF David Sharp. May his memory be an inspiration to all whose lives he touched.

Mr.JD
    Firehouse.com Guest

Our deepest sympathy and prayers go out to the David Sharp Family and friends and to All of the Fayetteville Firefighters. It is a tragic loss of young life. Each of you will continue to be in our thoughts and prayers.
    From the Cumberland County,North Carolina Retired Firefighters Association members.

------------------

Thread Information