Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

Thread: Iowa LODD

wwhite
    Firehouse.com Guest

As the wife of a volunteer fireman, I can only guess what you must be going through. Everytime the pager goes off I start a litany of prayers to keep my husband & his fellow firefighter (friends) safe from harm. Thank the lord tragedy has not struck our department. Our thoughts & loving prayers go out to your families & your department. Please believe that God will be with you in the months to come, all you have to do is talk to him.

Love & Prayers,
    Pat & Wanda White
    Grinnell Fire Dept. & Ladies Fire Aux.

[This message has been edited by wwhite (edited April 13, 2000).]

E.L. RAY
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

On behalf of the Orient Vol. Fire Dept. members and their families, we send our sincere sympathy to the family of Firefighter Jim Griffith and the Winterset Fire Dept. for their terrible loss. Also to Clayton Allen our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Eldon L. Ray, Asst. Chief
    Orient Volunteer Fire Dept.

CVFC 22
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

My God be with the family and friends of
    our fallen brother. I'm sure Firefighter Griffith is watching over us all in a much better place.

Chief300
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

On behalf of the Knoxville Iowa Fire & Rescue Department we would like to send our sincere condolences to the family of James Griffith. Our prayers are with you and may god watch over us all.

Knoxville Ia. Fire & Rescue Dept.
    Mike Van Niewaal, Fire Chief

------------------

MFD#1
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

The Mystic, IA Vol. Fire Dept. expresses our sincere sorrow for the family, friends, and fellow firefighters of Jim Griffith. Our thoughts and Prayers are with you.

JFDEMT
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

The Men and Women of the Jamaica Fire Department in Jamaica, Iowa wish to offer our condolences at the loss of our brother Jim Griffith. Our heart and soul goes out to the members of the Winterset Fire Department and Jim's family. This loss has hit very close to home as several of our members know the members of Jim's family. We all live so close to one another yet miss the chances to share with each other until such a tragedy confronts us. We will miss Jim and his contributions to service and family. We pray for our friends and all other that have gone before that they find comfort. As the bell tolls a final time for Jim and he goes to answer the call we say with heavy hearts he will be missed.

GREATER LOVE HAS NO MAN THAN THIS.THAT HE LAY DOWN HIS LIFE FOR HIS FRIENDS.
    John 15:13

Robert Kempf
    Fire Chief
    Jamaica Fire Department

Bryce
    Firehouse.com Guest

The Waukee Fire Dept. would like to express our sincere condolences to the family and Winterset Fire Dept. of Jim Griffith. Our prayers are with you. May God bless you and give you strength in your time of sorrow.

NFDMEDIC32
    Firehouse.com Guest

On behalf of everyone with the Norwalk, IA Fire Department, I wish to extend our condolences to the Winterset Fire Dept, the family of Jim, and to his fiancee Kelley. It is a heart fealt tragedy hitting everyone in the Des Moines area too close to home. Jim will always be remembered as a dedicated firefighter to the city of Winterset and the citizens that he served. Jim's passion for firefighting has not ended. He has simply need transfered to a different station.

Doug Richardson
    Norwalk, IA Fire Dept.

Arny
    Firehouse.com Guest

Our condolences to the Jim Griffith family ,and to the Winterset Fire Dept. We wish for you to feel Gods grace in your time of loss and injury .Our concerns also to the family and friends of Robert Perrin!!

God be with you all
    Your Friends on the
    Pella Fire Department
    Pella Iowa

James C. Coleberd, DO
    Firehouse.com Guest

Once again we have heavy hearts as another colleague answers the supreme alarm. Our losss of James Griffith is great and he will forever be immortalized in our hearts. I extend my condolences to the his family, the Winterset Fire Department family, and the Citizens of Winterset. May our loss be somewhat softened with knowing of his dedication and contribution to his fellow man. Stand tall -- WE are with you, strengthened by his life, and that of our Supreme Commander. God Bless the life of Jim Griffith, and God Bless the Fire Service.

James C. Coleberd, D.O.
    Fire Department Physician
    Clinton, MO Fire Department

James C. Coleberd, DO
    Firehouse.com Guest

Once again we have heavy hearts as another colleague answers the supreme alarm. Our losss of James Griffith is great and he will forever be immortalized in our hearts. I extend my condolences to the his family, the Winterset Fire Department family, and the Citizens of Winterset. May our loss be somewhat softened with knowing of his dedication and contribution to his fellow man. Stand tall -- WE are with you, strengthened by his life, and that of our Supreme Commander. God Bless the life of Jim Griffith, and God Bless the Fire Service.

James C. Coleberd, D.O.

James C. Coleberd, DO
    Firehouse.com Guest

James C. Coleberd, D.O.

GFD 520
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

Every day it seems like the headlines are reading that another firefighter has been injured or died in the line of duty. I just hope that it is someone that I don't know. However this past week it hit close to home , Winterset, Ia. Just down the rode from home.. Although I did not know John Griffith, I feel for the town of Winterset and his fellow firefighters that served with him. As an officer it is my greatest fear to lose one of my own to the animal that we try to protect so many from. So to everyone out there, please take time to remember John Griffith, The Winterset Fire Dept, and not to forget our brothers in Keokuk and one in Story City who have also fallen this year.
    God Bless.

------------------
    Dan Walker
    Captain
    Grinnell Fire Dept
    Grinnell, IA

[This message has been edited by GFD 520 (edited April 13, 2000).]

dennishaight
    Firehouse.com Guest

May those of us who remain carry out our mission with greater dedication, in their memory

Paramedic503
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

On behalf of everybody at Fraser Ambulance in Des Moines, IA we would like to send our deepest condolences to the Griffin family, their friends, and James' fellow fire fighters. Our hearts and prayers are with you in your time of sorrow.

Michael Cox
    Paramedic Supervisor
    Fraser Ambulance, Des Moines, Iowa

mtndew21
    Firehouse.com Guest

Your still remembered JIMMY.......

JMP17
    Firehouse.com Guest

We will all remember our Brother!
    GOD bless and hold our fallen HEROs!
    JMP17

station114kid
    Firehouse.com Guest

My sincere condolences go out to the family and crew members of the fellow firefighters who died in the line of duty fighting and gas tank fire in Iowa. July 2nd, this year I lost my closest friend and I miss him dearly! You all are in my prayers! God bless you and pull through this horrible tragedy...

Sincerely,
    Frank M Chesla IV
    Lloydsville VFD Latrobe, Pa

MembersZone Subscriber

Your still remembered JIMMY.......

MembersZone Subscriber
    Hopefully, a parallel universe where my location doesn't keep getting deleated.

Unhappy With Love & Prayers

My heart goes out to the family & friends of our fallen brother. You are all in my thoughts and prayers.

Lay me down beside cool waters,
    And lay to rest my body sore.
    Send the word out to my brothers,
    The fire is down, let it burn no more.
    - Charlie Ball -
    "Fireman's Prayer"

--------------------------------------
    In Valor, there is hope...

MembersZone Subscriber

Your still remembered JIMMY

MembersZone Subscriber

We Will never forget you Jimmy...

MembersZone Subscriber

I saw this Jimmy and knew you will like it. And know your not forgotten!!!!!

My Brother has fallen; no, I don't know his name.
    Have not the same parents still family all the same.
    He lives in this town, I live in another,
    It doesn't really matter 'cause this man is my Brother.

My Brother I call him, yet I've never seen his face.
    I have brothers and sisters all over the place!
    You see I am a Firefighter and our families are one.

Around the world, a brotherhood of unity,
    A closeness, a bond, most people don't see.
    I'll watch his back; She'll watch mine,
    "You go, I go," time after time.

His family's my family, Her family theirs,
    We're part of one family where everyone cares,
    I'll look after your kids, please look in on my wife,
    Should that day finally come when I laid down my life.

We dedicate our lives helping our fellow man,
    Living day after day doing all that we can,
    Where ever we're needed whether nighttime or day,
    To save the life of another we'll step in harms way.

My Brother has fallen doing what he loved best,
    And among the Honored, he now stands with the rest
    For a mile in dress uniform here everyone stands,
    For my Brother has fallen, God into your hands.
    Last edited by mtndew21; 01-17-2006 at 09:03 PM.

Forum Member

Default We miss you!

It's been 6 years Jimmy, we are still thinking of you. Radar sends his love!

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Your still remembered JIMMY

A Hero

A hero thinks of others before they think of themselves
    A hero will die to protect
    A hero can be of any age, any colour
    A hero can be man, woman or child
    A hero is courageous, loving and brave
    A hero will never complain
    A hero can be made in one act of compassion
    Or years of tender loving care
    Some hero’s are remembered, whilst many are left forgotten