Administrator

Post Delaware Asst. Chief Dies in Exercise Flashover

An Assistant Chief with the Greenwood Volunteer Fire Company in Sussex County, Del. died Sunday after being overcome in an apparant flashove during a training exercise.

The full story is online http://www.firehouse.com/lodd/2000/delaware_apr30.html

Condolences may be posted here and will be forwarded as possible to the department or family at a future date.

Frank Allen
    Firehouse.com Guest

The members of the Pindars Corners Fire Department wish to send our sincer condolences to the family and friends if asst. chief Arnold Blankenship. May our hearts be with you all at the time of this tragic loss.

Frank Allen
    Pindars Corners Fire Department
    Badge #34

[This message has been edited by Frank Allen (edited April 30, 2000).]

keitho61
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

The members of the Gamewell Fire Department wish to express our condolances to the Family and Members of the Delaware Fire Dept. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Gamewell Fire Dept.
    Lenoir,NC

T ony Hartman
    Firehouse.com Guest

The members of Dresden Fire Department wish to pass on their condolences to family, friends, and fellow members of Greenwood Fire Department on the passing of Asst. Chief Arnold Blankenship III. May God be with you in this time of need.

firemarkBTFC3
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

On behave of fire fighters from Westmoreland County, Pennsylvania. The following Westmoreland County, Pa. stations send there condolences to the friends and family of Arnold Blankenship the 3rd:
    Station 21, Station 23, Station 24,
    Station 25, Station 26, Station28,
    Station 29, Station 12&13, Station 79 Companies 1,2,3,6,7,8, Haz-Mat, Bloodhound, Dive Team, Station 32, Station 57,
    Station 61, Station 65, Station 96,
    Station 102,Station 103, Station 104, Station 106, Station 112. And also on behave of all of the Pa Fire Men and women who serve this State, their county, and their cities.

------------------
    Mark Sawinski
    Volunteer Fire Fighter
    Westmoreland/Luzerne Counties Fire Fighter

THE NCFD
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

From the North Charleston Fire Department, our hearts go out to the family of Chief Blankenship. May his soul rest in peace.

------------------
    God Speed and God Bless,
    Gerald Mishoe
    Engineer, Station #4
    North Charleston F.D.

AXMAN620
    Firehouse.com Guest

IT IS ONCE AGAIN WITH A HEAVY HEART AND TEAR FILLD EYES THAT I MUST OFFFER THE CONDOLENCES OF THE MADDISON-JEFFERSON DIVISION OF FIRE, SOUTHEAST OHIO EMS ST 10 GALLIA CO EMS AND RESCUE AND MEIGS CO. EMS ON THE LOSS OF ANATHER BROTHER LOST TO THE DRAGON. WE WILL MEET AGAIN.

------------------
    SEE YA' A'' @ THE BIG ONE!!!!!

electrikpimp
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

On behalf of the Junior Firemen of the Ellendale Vol. Fire Co. Station 75 of Ellendale, DE. we would like to express our deepest regrets and sincerest condolonces to the family and friends of Asst. Chief Arnold Blankenship and to the members of Greenwood Vol. Fire Co. Station 78. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.
    Sincerely,
    Junior President/Junior Chief
    Aaron Moore

KC Smith
    Firehouse.com Guest

I wish to offer my most heartfelt prayers and condolences to the falmily, friends and fellow firefigthers of Assistant Chief Arnold Blankenship III. May God be with you in your time of need. And we thank God for giving us selfless men and women who are willing to face such loss for the sake of helping those who are strangers to them, yet deserving of help in their time of need. In God's timing, we'll be with Arnold again.

GOD BLESS YOU ALL!

KC Smith
    Firefighter/EMT
    Kittitas Co. Dist #6
    Roslyn, WA

nsfirechap
    Firehouse.com Guest

On behalf of the members of theNorth Star VFD in North Pole, Alaska our hearts once again are saddened at the loss of our Brother.

Chaplain Jeff Turkel
    North Star VFD
    North Pole, Alaska

Ralph Eugley
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

On behalf of the Thomaston FD,Maine. Our
    thoughts and prayers our with the family of
    Asst.Chief Blakenship and the members of the
    Greenwood FD. May god bless you all.

Les.H
    Firehouse.com Guest

Once again a brother has fallen whilst fighting Mr Fire.

My condolences to the family, close friends and the crew of Arnold Blankenship III. Even from over the water the pain of this loss can be felt.

I am sure he will be greatly missed by all of those who had the pleasure to know him. He will always be with you, in your memories. Never let that go.

In my thoughts during this troubled period.

Sprinkle (UK)

PownalFireChick
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

It is with great sadness, that I sit here again, to express my sypmathy to my brother and sister firefighters.

Facing a line of duth death is someone that I am terrified of, and I pray that God gives you strength you need to face this challenge.

The thoughts and prayers of the men and women of the Pownal Fire Department are with all of you in these heartbreaking moments.

Tammy Greene
    Firefighter
    Pownal Fire Dept
    Pownal, VT

KEVIN HOLTZ
    Firehouse.com Guest

The members of the Greer Fire Department would like to send our condolences to the Blankenship family and to the Greenwood Fire Depatment in the loss of Asst Chief Arnold Blankenship. We know he will be missed. Our prayer and thoughts are with you. May god bless you.....

Kevin Holtzclaw
    Firefighter/Engineer
    City of Greer Fire Dept.
    Greer, South Carolina

[This message has been edited by KEVIN HOLTZ (edited May 01, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by KEVIN HOLTZ (edited May 01, 2000).]

Rizz257
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

For the second time this weekend we must do this.We the officers and members of Heavy Rescue Co1 of the Elmont FD. wish to express our heartfelt condolences to the family and friends of Asst Chief Arnold Blankenship III.The sorrow felt by the Greenwood FC is also felt by us.May the Supreme Chief watch over Arnold's family and friends and guide him to the Main Station.

Pete Rizzo Ex Capt
    Heavy Rescue Co1
    Elmont FD Elmont NY

Crisfield Fire
    Firehouse.com Guest

The members of the Crisfield (MD) Fire Department, Station 2, wish to express our sincerest and deepest regrets in the passing of Asst. Chief Blankenship. Our thoughts and prayers go out to his family and fellow brothers of Station 78 Greenwood during this time of loss.

captmesser
    Firehouse.com Guest

It is with a heavy heart that I write this. Yet another brother firefighter is lost. May God be with his family. Our prayers are with you.

Washington Terrace Fire

FireRsq127
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

Green Pond Fire & Rescue Department sends it condolences to the family of Chief Blankenship and to the members of the Greenwood Fire Company

------------------
    Andrew "Andy" Coe
    Firefighter
    Green Pond Fire & Rescue Department

fireemt
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

The Guthrie Center Vol. Fire Dept., wants to express their sympathy to the family, friends and to the Greenwood Vol. Fire Co. He will surely be missed by all. May God bless all of you.

Chuck Cleveland
    Firefighter/Emt
    Guthrie Center Vol. Fire Dept.
    Guthrie Center, Ia

[This message has been edited by fireemt (edited May 01, 2000).]

WFD175
    Firehouse.com Guest

As a former officer of nearby Ellendale and as a career firefighter with Wilmington, I'm sorry for your loss. Assistant Chief Blankenship will be dearly missed by many but never forgotten. God bless all of the members of Sta. 78, friends and family of Arnold, and also to the people in your community. All of you will be in my prayers. Sincerely, Marc Evans

------------------

Americas Heroes
    Firehouse.com Guest

All of us at Dalmatian Productions, Inc., "America's Heroes: The Volunteers of Fire/Rescue(tm)" and "RESCUE HEROES (tm)" wish to express our sincere condolences to the Greenwood Vol. Fire Co. No. 1 on the tragic loss of Chief Blankenship and to his family, friends and comrades.
    We have worked closely with several departments in Delaware and our production facility it based in Wilmington. This one hits very close to home for us.
    It is our prayer that the memory of Chief Blankenship will serve as a blessing to all who knew him and worked with him and may we all be comforted under the Sheltering Presence.

Steven S. Greene
    Executive Producer

Richard B. Bray
    Co-Executive Producer

Thomas J. Mitten
    Producer/Director

morriss
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

On behalf of the members of the Orange Virginia Volunteer Fire Company, I extend my heartfelt sympathies to the family and fellow firefighters. It is a true tragedy. May God Bless!

ff emt-p bleve
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

Please accept our deepest regret in hearing of the loss of Chief Blankenship III.My throughts are with his family and fellow Firefighters who done all they could that day.Look for support from each other, keep your heads up.My Department suffer two LODD deaths on April 6th 1999.God Bless your Department from the Members of the Route 377
    Volunteer Fire Department Morehead Kentucky.

RebelFyrBug
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

I offer my condolences to the fellow firefighters, family, friends and acquaintances of Assistant Chief Arnold "Arnie" Blankenship, III, of the Greenwood Delaware Vol. Fire Dept Sta # 78, in Greenwood Delaware. He will be in all of our hearts as we continue our daily tasks of fighting the beast. My prayers are with his wife and son in their time of loss, as well as with his family throughout the fire service. May the Supreme Chief above all of us guide him to the Main station in heaven. Until we meet again at the crossroads, brother Arnie, you are in my thoughts, and your family in my prayers.

------------------
    Ron Lehner, Jr
    Firefighter
    Camden-Wyoming Vol. Fire Dept. Station #41
    Camden-Wyoming, DE
    Resident of Greenwood

[This message has been edited by RebelFyrBug (edited May 03, 2000).]

EJester
    Firehouse.com Guest

I found this poem and thought maybe it may help you all in your time of
    grief..... please pass it on to your members.....You are all in my
    prayers..god bless you all.