Administrator

Post Denver LODD - 8/17/00

An intense five-hour rescue effort ended tragically Thursday night when searchers found the body of a Denver firefighter who was swept away by fast-moving water on a highway while trying to help a motorist in distress.

Robert Crump, 37, a 3-year-veteran, leaves behind a wife and three young daughters

For the latest information, visit: http://www.firehouse.com/lodd/2000/co_aug17.html

Feel free to post condolences here, which will be forwarded to the department at a later date.

Our prayers and thoughts are with Firefighters Crump's family and the Denver Fire Department.

[This message has been edited by WebTeam (edited August 18, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by WebTeam (edited August 18, 2000).]

morriss
    Firehouse.com Guest

The members of the Orange, Virginia Volunteer Fire Company send our heartfelt condolences to the department and the families involved with this tragedy. God Bless!!

keitho61
    Firehouse.com Guest

The Gamewell Fire Department wishes to express our condolences to the family and friends of Firefighter Crump and to the Denver Fire Department in your lost. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

fireemt
    Firehouse.com Guest

The Guthrie Center Vol. Fire Dept. wishes to express their condolence's to the family and friends of Firefighter Robert Crump and also to the Denver Fire Dept. You are in our prayers. God Bless

Chuck Cleveland, firefighter/emt
    Guthrie Center Vol. Fire Dept.
    Guthrie Center,Iowa

Steve Hirsch
    Firehouse.com Guest

On behalf of the 16,000 firefighters in the State of Kansas, we extend our prayers and sympathies to the members of Firefighter Crump's family and to the men and women of the Denver Fire Department. We struggle to understand as mere mortals how things like this can happen. Our prayers are with each of you.

------------------
    Steve Hirsch
    Asst Fire Chief -
    Oberlin (KS) Fire Dept.
    Secretary,
    Kansas State Firefighters Assoc.

[This message has been edited by Steve Hirsch (edited August 18, 2000).]

jase41
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

The Derry Vol. Fire Dept. wishes to express their condolence's to the Denver Fire Dept, friends and family of Firefighter Robert Crump.You are in our prayers. God Bless

Les.H
    Firehouse.com Guest

My condolences to the family, close friends and fellow crew members of Robert Crump for their sad and tragic loss. Even over the 'Water' the pain can be felt. I am sure that he will be sadly missed by all that had the pleasure to know him. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Sprinkle (UK)

efdmpo
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

My condolences to the famliy,friends,and co-workers in the Denver Fire Dept in this time of great sorrow. All firefighters feel your pain now whether we knew him or not.

tdillion
    Firehouse.com Guest

After going thru the loss of brother firefighters ourselves earlier this year, we feel what pain and great feeling of loss you, your department , and community are going thru. May God bless the family of our brother in this time of sorrow and loss, and may your department come together and heal in unity. Our prayers are with you. Houston Fire Department Station 69.

Chaplain304
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

I send condolencses from myself and the members of the Hutchinson (KS) Fire Department. No cliches or well-meaning words can ease the pain your members are experiencing and feeling. We simply wish God's grace and love be extended to you in this extremely difficult time.

SFDfyrftr
    Firehouse.com Guest

From the myself and the members of the Stelring Fire Department in Colorado we extend our condolence's and prayers to the members of Firefighter Crump's family and to all of the memebers of the Denver Fire Department. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

------------------

Firefighter2000
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

From the small town of Chandler, Texas us here at the vol. fire dept. are incredably sorry to hear of the loss of a brother firefighter. Company 10 and the family of this hero will be in our prayers and the memory of our brother firefighter will live in our hearts.

GFD 520
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

Today a firefighter has left us, not fallen to the beast, but to the hazards that go along with the job of being a firefighter. Many people wonder why firefighters do what they do for people. I think it's because there are men and women, like Bob Crump, who love being firefighters. My condolences go to the family of Robert Crump and the Denver Fire Dept. You will be in our prayers and MAY GOD BLESS!!!!!!

------------------
    Dan Walker
    Asst. Chief
    Grinnell Fire Dept
    Grinnell, IA

kfdffrab
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

My sincere condolences to the family, friends and brothers of Firefighter Crump. He will not be forgotten!

actionj21
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

on behalf of the Garretfrod-Drexel Hill Volunteer Fire Department Delaware County,Pa
    I wish to extend our condolences it is always said when brother passes on to the great beyond.I extend my most sincere sympathies to his friends and family.
    He gave his life so another might live.
    That is a true hero.

------------------

pmglo
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

From the Mitchell, SD Fire and EMS our hearts and prayers go out to the family and friends in this their time of loss.

fyrfitr42
    Firehouse.com Guest

On behalf of Sedgwick County Kansas Fire District #1, I offer sincere condolences to the Denver Fire Department and the Crump Family. We know the pain of loosing one of our brothers. Our thoughts and prayers will be with you.

------------------
    ~~John Troyer~~
    Firefighter/EMT
    Sedgwick County Fire Dept
    Tech. Rescue Station #37

firemanrichie144
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

I am a firefighter with the City of Loganville in GA. I apologize from the bottom of my heart for your loss. Whenever anyone loses a brother, it is the greatest loss one can ever endure. Let it be known that you are in our prayers and thoughts as each day passes. This department has never had to face this dilema, and hope that we never will. Keep strong and remember what type of an impact this brother had on all of us whether we were apart of him or not, as well as on all those he faced and met. He has made that extreme sacrifice and will never be forgotten. God bless and the best wishes to you all.
    Sincere Regrets,
    Richie Carignan
    firefighter/first responder
    Loganville Fire Services

[This message has been edited by firemanrichie144 (edited August 18, 2000).]

Lieutenant Gonzo
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

To the Crump Family and the Denver Fire Department...

On behalf of the Firefighters and Officers of the Marlborough Firefighters, Local 1714, please accept our condolences on th epassing of Firefighter Robert Crump.

------------------
    We boldly go where no one else dares...
    take care and stay safe
    Lt. Gonzo

Wabash Express
    Firehouse.com Guest

Our thoughts and prayers are with your department in your time of sorrow. FF Crump made the ultimate sacrifice of bravery. May the Lord, and the Brotherhood walk with you and lift your spirits in this dark hour.

"Man hath no greater love than this, to lay down his life for his friends."
    -John 15:13

City of Durham Fire Department
    Fire Station #1-A (E1, L1, SQ1, MS1, Bat. 2)

firesan
    Firehouse.com Guest

The FIREHOUSE Software Team would like to offer our sincere condolences to the family of FF Crump and the members of the Denver Fire Dept.

fdnymac
    Firehouse.com Guest

I speak for my fellow firefighters in the FDNY when I say to the brothers in Denver that your man died doing what he swore he would do when he put his life on the line to save a citizen...for his family and friends I hope your faith can get you all through this but he will never be forgotten..he is truly a "HERO"..God Bless

FFMED
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

To the men and women of Denver FD, I wish to send my sincerest condolences in the loss of Brother Crump. I know there are no easy words to say but hopefully, you all realize that the nation's firefighterts' thoughts are with you. May God bless you all.

East Hartford FD Local 1548

[This message has been edited by FFMED (edited August 19, 2000).]

DFDStation10
    Firehouse.com Guest

As members of Denver Fire Dept. Station 10, and Local 858 we were shocked to see that this incident has made Firehouse.com, let alone the numerous replies that all of you have inserted here. We wish we could thank each and every one of you personally for your kind words to us and Bob's family. The next few days are going to be very hard as we are approaching the funeral of a very good man and brave firefighter. Again, Thank You, God Bless, and please be safe!

JAYMCCARTHY
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

I would like to send my prayers and condolences to the family of firefighter Crump.I also send my support to my brother and sister firefighters of the Denver Fire Dept.Firefighter Crump will always be remembered as a HERO and will never be forgotten.Rest in peace brother.

Jay McCarthy
    Eng.Co.11
    City of New Haven Fire Department
    New Haven,C.T.
    I.A.F.F. Local 825

------------------

Thread Information