Administrator

Post Waterbury, CT LODD: Shooting - 8/26/00

A Waterbury, Ct. firefighter was killed Saturday morning after being wounded in an apparant drive-by shooting in front of a firehouse while taking part in an MDA boot drive, officials said

For complete story: http://www.firehouse.com/lodd/2000/ct_aug26.html

Please feel free to post messages of condolence which will be forwarded to the department at a later date.

On behalf of the Firehouse.Com WebTeam, our prayers and heartfelt sympathies to the family of the fallen hero and the Warterbury Fire Department.

JMP17
    Firehouse.com Guest

It is with great sadness and heavy heart that we send our deepest sympathie and condolences to the family of our Brother from Waterbury. And to our Brothers & Sisters of Waterbury Stn.11 your pain is our pain and our tears fall with yours. Be strong and be careful we are with you!
    Jim Preston, FF/NREMT-B
    South Windham Fire Department
    South Windham, CT.

Fireman888
    Firehouse.com Guest

Angry

On behalf of the Holtville/Slapout F&R members I want to pass along our condolences. This is another black eye in american society . Our prayers are with your department.

nsfirechap
    Firehouse.com Guest

On behalf of the members of the North Star VFD, our hearts and prayers truly go out to the family of one of America's Bravest and our brothers and sisters in Waterbury. When a brother or sister loose their life we all feel the pain.
    How sad...

"Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted".

Chaplain Jeff Turkel
    North Star VFD
    North Pole, Alaska

[This message has been edited by nsfirechap (edited August 26, 2000).]

Larry Sanderson
    Firehouse.com Guest

The officers and members of Tunxis Hose Company # 1 express our sincere sympathy to family members and firefighters of the Waterbury, CT Fire Department of the firefighter who died in the line of duty helping others.

Chief Larry Sanderson
    Tunxis Hose Company # 1
    Unionville, CT

pjockimo
    Firehouse.com Guest

Our words can not replace the void, but we will stand with you now and always. May God bless you all. Keep the faith. Do the right thing.

Paul Jockimo
    Westchester County (NY) Dept. of Emergency Services

FireRsq107
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

Its sad to see someone lose their life while trying to help others, especially when they are helping to raise money for a good cause.

Andrew Coe
    Green Pond Fire & Rescue Service
    Green Pond, Alabama

------------------
    Andy Coe

Richard Skinner
    Firehouse.com Guest

Angry

Our Heart felt condolences go out to his family.

Richard Skinner Board Member
    NY State Honorary Fire Chiefs Association.

pmglo
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

From the members of Mitchell Fire and Ambulance our hearts and prayers go out to the family and friends. We were saddened at the news of the loss of a brother firefighter during a worthy cause.

dgibbs
    Firehouse.com Guest

On behalf of Central Emergency Services, Soldotna, Alaska we extend our deepest sypathies to the family of James, as well as to the members of Waterbury Fire Department. God Bless you all.

Tom Lafleur
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

From Acushnet,MA Fire Rescue our heartfelt condolences.

firechaplain10
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

May the spirit of the Lord comfort the
    friends and relatives of this lost Firefighter from Waterbury Ct. He will
    be in the prayers of my congregation tomorrow and for the week to come.

Father Dan Harris, Chaplain
    New England Assoc. of Fire Chiefs

SDaly
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

On behalf of the Brother and Sister Firefighters from Stamford Fire Rescue, Stamford, CT. I wish to offer our sincerest condolences to the family and friends of Jamie Quinones and to the Waterbury Fire Dept. Their loss deeply saddens us all.

Lt. Sean Daly
    Stamford Fire Rescue Dept.
    Stamford, CT

jskau1
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

To the Waterbury Fire Department, the familiy, and all of the friends of your fallen hero, we pray for you. You are in our thoughts and will never be forgotton.

Jeff Skau
    Rescue Lt.
    Clinton Volunteer Fire Department
    Clinton Ct

Fireheart
    Firehouse.com Guest

Coincidentally I was doing research this past week on violence towards firefghters, for an article I am writing for our local paper concerning our departments recent purchase of bullet proof vests. I am a 3rd generation firefighter and cannot imagine what my grandfather would think reading an article like this and watching as firefighters are forced to wear body armor to do their job.
    May God bless and be with the firefighters of the Waterbury, CT. You are all in our thoughts and prayers.

Daniel Byrne
    Beaufort / Port Royal
    Fire Rescue

------------------

[This message has been edited by Fireheart (edited August 27, 2000).]

Mike Heltzel
    Firehouse.com Guest

My condolences go out to the Quinones Family and the Waterbury Fire Department.

Mike Heltzel
    Firefighter
    Ansonia Fire Department
    Engine Co.1
    Ansonia,CT

keitho61
    Firehouse.com Guest

The Gamewell Fire Department wishes to express our condolences to the family, friends and members of the Waterbury Fire Department in your lost of a member. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Letona_Fire_26
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

We are sorry to hear about your loss.

Jason

JAYMCCARTHY
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

I send my condolences to the family of firefighter James Quinones during this difficult time.I also send my prayers to my brothers and sisters of the Waterbury Fire Department.May you rest in peace brother Quinones,and know that you will never be forgotten.

Jay McCarthy
    Eng.11
    City of New Haven Fire Dept.
    New Haven C.T.
    I.A.F.F. Local 825

------------------

FFMED
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

To the family of Firefighter Quinones and the brothers & sisters of WFD, I send our sincerest condolences. We stand beside you to share your grief. Another senseless act takes "one of the good guys"; when will it end.....
    East Hartford FD
    Local 1548
    E.H., CT

Bill Fitzmaurice
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

On behalf of the Hamden, Connecticut Fire Department and members of IAFF Local 2687 our thoughts and prayers go to all of the victims families and our brothers and sisters of the Waterbury Fire Department.

------------------
    Lt. Bill Fitzmaurice,
    Training / EMS Officer
    Hamden Fire Dept.
    Connecticut
    IAFF Local 2687

Scott Elkins
    Firehouse.com Guest

My deepest sympathies to the family of FF Quinones and my brothers and sisters in the Waterbury Fire Department.

Mike Granoth
    Firehouse.com Guest

On behalf of the Naugatuck Ambulance, I would like to extend our condolences to the Quinones family and all the members of the Waterbury Fire Dept. May his sacrifice not be forgotten.

Lt. Mike Granoth, EMT-P
    Naugatuck Ambulance
    Naugatuck, CT

[This message has been edited by Mike Granoth (edited August 27, 2000).]

T ony Hartman
    Firehouse.com Guest

The members of Dresden Vol. Fire Department wish to pass on their condolences to the family, friends, and fellow members of Waterbury Fire Department on the passing of Firefighter Jamie Quinones. May God be with you in this time of need.

CLFD23
    Firehouse.com Guest

Our thoughts and prayers go out to the family, friends, and co-workers of our fallen brother.

City of Lawrence Fire Department
    Station #2
    C Shift
    FF's: Hickson, Whitcomb, and Valvo

Thread Information