Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Administrator

Post Two Ill. Firefighters Killed Battling House Fire

Please post condolences for two Illinois firefighters killed battling a house fire Saturday.
    http://www.firehouse.com/lodd/2001/il_feb17.html

Two Illinois Firefighters Killed Battling House Fire

ASHTON, Ill. (AP) -- Two volunteer firefighters were killed and four others were injured battling a house fire early Saturday, according to officials.

Seven volunteer fire departments responded to the morning fire, which began in the basement of a house in the Lee County community. The fire spread throughout the building, and the first floor of the house apparently collapsed into the basement, according to fire officials.

P.P.
    Firehouse.com Guest

My thoughts and prayers go out to the family and department members in Ashton.

P.P.

ILFireman
    Firehouse.com Guest

The thoughts and prayers with deep sorrow from the Savanna, IL Fire Department go out to the Family, members of the Ashton Fire Department and too the residence of Ashton.

Engine 101
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

Behalf of Fire Chief Peter Bryan and the members of the Monrovia Fire Department inclduding myself we send our most deepest condolences thoughts and best wishes to the familys of our 2 fallen brothers, And hope that the lord comfort them through this most difficult time, May the lord be with you

Engine 101

Pastor Dawn
    Firehouse.com Guest

I can only express my deepest sorrow. Both families as well as the Department are in my prayers and the prayers of all of those on our prayer chain. Words fail at a time like this. So I can only send my love and concern and warm thoughts.

Rest in Peace our Brothers, until we all meet again.

Reverend DawnMarie Lafferty

Pelican631
    Firehouse.com Guest

My thoughts and condolences to the family, friends, and fellow firefighters. You are all in my prayers.

Andy Knitt

csgos
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

My wife and I offer our heartfelt condolences and prayers to the families of our two brother firefighters who died in the line of duty in Illinois, along with their fire department and their town.

We pray God's comfort will surround you all

Chester and Donna Gosdin
    Fulton County Georgia

FFShooty
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

The Crisfield Fire (MD) Department wishes to express our heartfelt condolences and sympathies to the families of Brothers McKean and Talley and to the members of the Ashton Fire Department our thoughts and prayers are with each of you. May the comforting hands of our Infinate Creator touch each one of you.

LtRandy
    Firehouse.com Guest

St. Joseph, Michgan L1670 IAFF Fire Fighters pass along our condolences to the familys of the two Illinois fire fighters killed in the line of duty Saturday.

G Cook
    Firehouse.com Guest

Our condolences go out to the family of the deceased brother firefighters from Ashton. Also that to the entire community. May god bless and look over all.
    Rock Falls Fire Dept.

Bobby Hunter
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

The members of the Upper Montgomery County VFD in Montgomery County Maryland send their deepest regards to the Family and friends of the two fallen FireFighters. We are all deeply sadden by this tragic event.

Fyredog
    Firehouse.com Guest

On behalf of Chief Gary Griffin and the members of the Port Byron Fire Department, I wish to extend our condolences to the Families and Friends of the fallen Firefighters of the Ashton Illinois Fire Protection District. Our prayers are with you in your time of grief.

Captain Michael Poel
    Port Byron Fire Department
    Port Byron, Illinois

JOHN DOUGLAS
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

AS A MEMBER OF THE SANSOM PARK,TEXAS VFD OUR HEART GO OUT TO THE FAMILIES OF THE FIREFIGHTERS THAT WHERE KILLED. OUR DEPARTMENT RECENTLY HAD THE SECOND YEAR TRIBUTE TO ONE OF OUR FALLEN ON FEBRUARY 15TH .OUR DEPARTMENT HAS BECAME A STRONGER DEPARTMENT DUE TO THE TRAGEDY AND I HOPE THAT YOUR DEPARTMENT CAN ALSO..

REMEMBER ONE THING....
    FALLEN BUT'NEVER FORGOTTEN

Reed Embley
    Firehouse.com Guest

Having recently gone through a firefighters death of our own, I want to offer the firefighters of Ashton, IL my deepest condolences! To the families of LT Clint Talley and Firefighter Mike McKean I offer my prayers and support in any way I can. Your loss is tragic.

May you all learn from this tradegy -- if you don't, Clint and Mike died in vain. Treasure your memories of both of these brave men that died trying to help save life and property!

tsont
    Firehouse.com Guest

May they rest in eternal peace and may the Good Lord watch over and protect the brothers and loved ones that they left behind. Condolences to the families and brothers and sisters of their department.

Tom Sontheimer FF/EMT
    Savannah FD
    Savannah, MO

Marty Maynard
    Firehouse.com Guest

On behalf of my family, we offer our condolences to the families of the firefighters and the members of the Ashton Ill. Fire Dept.

Beach Ladder
    Firehouse.com Guest

May our brothers Clint and Mike rest in peace. I offer a prayer to the familes of these brave firefighters.

Martin C. Grube
    Ladder 11
    Virginia Beach VA

gfpd25
    Firehouse.com Guest

may god be with the families and the brothers of the ashton fire district in their time of tragedy and grief.
    from the GREENVILLE FIRE PROT.DIST.
    GREENVILLE,ILLINOIS

glenrosefd
    Firehouse.com Guest

The hearts and prayers of the Glen Rose FD go out to the family and staff of our two fallen heros.

pcbdd
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

my deepest sympathy to the guys, my prayers to the families, my thoughts to.. why?

Pat Caruso
    Lorain Fire Dept
    Lorain, OH.

Thread Information