Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Phoenix LODD

yfdengineer
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy Phoenix LODD

This is just an FYI at approx 8:00 p.m. MST March 14, 2001 a Phoenix Firefighter died after being injured during a 5 Alarm fire at a Supermarket strip mall in west Phoenix. FF Paramedic Brett Tarver was pronounced dead at a Phoenix Hospital after being extricated from the building. Tarver and 4 other PHX FF's were lost inside the building after fire conditions escalated. The other FF's are being treated at local hospitals for smoke inhalation. Apparently all 5 of the FF's ran out of air while still inside the structure. Tarver was apparently trapped or entangled in debris and had to be rescued with forcible entry equipment. Tarver (41 y/o) was an 8 year veteran of the Phoenix Fire Department, and is survived by a wife, and three daughters.

------------------

Administrator

Please post condolence messages for Bret Tarver of the Phoenix, AZ Fire Department, who was killed battling a five alarm fire Wednesday night.

Condolences will be forwarded to the department in the future.

For the complete story, which will be updated throughout the day, please visit: http://www.firehouse.com/lodd/2001/az_mar14.html

Thanks
    WebTeam

[This message has been edited by WebTeam (edited 03-15-2001).]

LT172
    Firehouse.com Guest

Today I am saddened to see the news about fallen brother firefighter Brett Tarver. This hits harder than usual as I recently took the PFD exam and, having time to visit many of the stations, place this department and its' firefighters on the highest pedestal. From myself and on behalf of the Grand Island Fire Company my/our deepest sympathy to the Phoenix Fire Department and the family of firefighter/medic
    Brett Tarver.

LT. Nathan Harpster FF/EMT
    Grand Island Fire Company
    Grand Island, NY

[This message has been edited by LT172 (edited 03-15-2001).]

USAR29
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

On behalf of the Officers and Members of the Providence Volunteer Fire Company, I wish to extend our heartfelt sympathy to the family of F/F Tarver, as well as to Chief Brunacini and the members of the Phoenix Fire Department.

When a brother is lost, we all share the pain.

Geoffrey L. Donahue, FF/EMT
    Providence Volunteer Fire Company
    Towson, Maryland

pinetopfd
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

The members of the Pinetop Fire Department would like to extend our deepest sympathy to the family of our brother firefighter Brett Tarver. Our thoughts and prayers are also with the other members of the Phoenix Fire Department to help you make it through these difficult times.

Stuart Bishop, Battalion Chief
    Pinetop Fire Department
    Pinetop, AZ

firefighter rick g
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

i would like to extend my deepest sympathy to the family of our brother firefighter Brett Tarver
    i'm sure he will be missed by all that knew him

[This message has been edited by firefighter rick g (edited 03-15-2001).]

BenFire7
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

On behalf of the Mountain View Fire Protection District, Logmont Colorado. I would like to extend our deepest sympathy to the family of FF Brett Tarver as well as the members of the Phoenix F.D. You are all in our thoughts in prayers in this difficult time.

MARK AKINS
    Firehouse.com Guest

On behalf of Local 3920 IAFF we want to extend our heartfelt condolences to our brothers in Phoenix. And particularly to the family of brother Tarver. May GOD keep you ever in his loving arms. Godspeed Brother!Your family shall remain constantly in our prayers.

[This message has been edited by MARK AKINS (edited 03-15-2001).]

Bonnie1
    Firehouse.com Guest

I just want to say I am so sorry to hear of the passing away of Fire Fighter Bret Tarver. I am not a Fire Fighter myself but I feel your pain when one of the Brothers go down in the line of duty.
    May God be with his family and those whom he worked with and hold you in His arms.
    Bret was a true hero and I am glad that he was there. He is a true hero and a good example to many who will live on to do the job that he once did so faithfully.

jawrenn
    Firehouse.com Guest

On behalf of the Federal Point Fire Department, I wish to express our deepest sympathy to the family of Brett Tarver. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and Brett's fellow brothers. Thought we are thousands of miles away, we feel your loss.

Lt. J.A. Wrenn
    Federal Point FD
    New Hanover County Stn. 91
    Carolina Beach, NC

firelt9b
    Firehouse.com Guest

It is with deepest sympathy to the family and members of Phoenix FD that this tragedy has occured. My thoughts and preyers go out to you and may God bless you.

Americas Heroes
    Firehouse.com Guest

All of us at Dalmatian Productions, Inc., producers of "RESCUE HEROES" and "America's Heroes: The Volunteers of Fire/Rescue" extend our deepest condolences to the family, relatives, friends and fellow firefighters of FF Brett Tarver.
    May the memories of his dedication to his family, his community and to the City of Phoenix serve as an inspritation to us all.

Steven S. Greene
    Executive Producer

FireFamily2001
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

To the Dept from my dept, to the families and friends of our lost brothers, my heart and deepest sympathies and prayers go out to you in your time of need and loss. We as firefighters have to stick together in time of crisis. We all love you and will keep you in our prayers

Jim Dean
    Fire/Rescue
    Lumber City, Ga
    USA

INDY FIRE
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

On behalf of the men and women of the Indianapolis Fire Department, I would like to extend our deepest sympathy to the family and friends of Brett Tarver. Our thoughts and prayers are also with our brothers and sisters of the Phoenix Fire Department.

REST IN PEACE BROTHER.

popsnumber8
    Firehouse.com Guest

My thoughts and prayers go out to all of the Phoenix firefighters and Firefighter Tarver's family. Each and everyone of us feels your loss and mourns with you. May God help you all through your terrible time. Firefighter Tarver, rest in peace and you are missed by all of your brothers and sisters, even those of us that did not know you.
    Lt. Michael Myers
    Wilson Fire Co. #1, Inc.
    Wilson, NY

DCFD1051
    Firehouse.com Guest

On behalf of all of the members of IAFF Local 36, Washington ,DC, may you be comforted in the knowledge that your brave brother, like all good firefighters who pass from this world, now sleeps with the angels. May he rest in peace...

Les.H
    Firehouse.com Guest

My condolences to the family, close friends and fellow crew members of Firefighter Brett Tarver. Even over the 'Water' the pain can be felt of this sad loss. He will be sadly missed by all who had the pleasure to know him. My thoughts and prayers are with you all.

Sprinkle (UK)

cwerner
    Firehouse.com Guest

Our sincerest condolences from the Charlottesville VA Fire Department. Words cannot express the sadness that the members of our department feel at your loss. May God be with the members of your department, friends and families of your fallen firefighter.

God Bless.

Ken Shultz
    Firehouse.com Guest

On behalf of the Green Valley Fire District, Green Valley, AZ we would like to express our deepest sympathy to the family, friends and fellow Firefighters of FF/PM Brett Tarver of the Phoenix Fire Department.
    Our Prayers are with you in this time of sorrow and we ask God to comfort and Bless you all.

FF/PM Ken Shultz
    Green Valley Fire District
    Green Valley, Arizona

SURPRISE-FD-LOCAL-3573
    Firehouse.com Guest

WHAT DOES ONE SAY IN A TIME LIKE THIS..IT IS A VERY SAD DAY HERE IN THE VALLEY AS ONE OF OUR BEST GAVE HIS LIFE DOING WHAT HE LOVED TO DO..TO BRETT HIS FAMILY, AND HIS CREW (E-14) AND THE 4 FIREFIGHTERS THAT WHERE PREPARED TO GIVE THIER LIVES TO BE BY YOUR SIDE AND TO ALL THE PHOENIX FIREFIGHTERS WE OFFER OUR SINCEREST CONDOLENCES AND A THANK YOU FOR ALL THAT YOU HAVE DONE FOR THE FIREFIGHTING SERVICE..THE THOUGHTS AND ANGUISH WE FELT AS WE SAT AND WATCHED THIS TERROR UNFOLD AND LISTEN TO THE EMERGENCY TRAFFIC WAS ALMOST UNBARABLE..GOD BLESS ALL OF YOU.

Thread Information