Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Lewiston2Capt
    Firehouse.com Guest

On Behalf of Lewiston Fire Co. No. 2 in Niagara Falls NY we express our sincere condolences to the Verga Fire Company and the family of James Heenan. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

------------------
    Shawn M. Cecula
    Captain
    Lewiston Fire Co. No. 2

firexplorer51
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

My thoughts and prayers are with the Heenan family

Woodbury FD Woodbury, NJ

SawsnJaws
    Firehouse.com Guest

As I stand in the somber, lengthly line Wednesday night, I will see Jim in each and every fire fighter's face.As I pass by his casket, I will see every fire fighter's face in Jim.As I pass Jim's wife and children, I will see every fire fighter's spouse and children at their worst time. As I start my shift Thursday morning, I will see Jim in my crew's faces...bringing the reality that we may NOT be right back after the next run, so much closer. Jim told his wife he'd be right back. We need to take care of each other, and come "right back" after that next run.God bless the Heenan family, and our brothers and sisters in West Deptford in something that you'll never be over.

------------------
    Ronald R. Taylor Jr. I.A.F.F. Local 3592 Deptford, N.J.

ksdsta95
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

On behalf of the Enterprise Fire Company of Hatboro, Montgomery County, Pa. We would like to extend our deepest Condolences, sorrow and sympathies to the family and friends of Firefighter Jim Heenan and to the Verga Fire Department.

Firefighter Keith David
    Enterprise Fire Company of Hatboro, Pa
    Montgomery County Station 95

Mike101977
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

We, at Pine Hill Fire Department, send our deepest sympathy to the family of our brother firefighter. Jim died doing what he loved to do, and will stay within the hearts of us all. He showed us that we never know what we are getting into when we go through that door, and that each breath could be your last. So cherish each minute of your life, and when that siren or pager goes off, make sure you tell your family how much you love them, because you never know which call will be your last.

GOD BLESS YOU, JIM

Michael A. Kruce, Jr & Christina Redhorn
    Pine Hill Fire Department -- Station 62
    Pine Hill, NJ

pres2958
    Firehouse.com Guest

Our deepest sympathy to the family and the brothers and sisters he served his community with. From the Members of IAFF Local 2958 North Plainfield, New Jersey

------------------
    Jeffrey Holtz
    President IAFF #2958
    North Plainfield, NJ

fireking953
    Firehouse.com Guest

on behalf of the Intermountain Volunteer Fire and Rescue Dept. in Ramona, CA, I would like to send our sincerest condolences to the Verga Fire Dept. and to the family of FF Heegan. Our thoughts and our prayers are with you. Capt. Jim King

kestahl
    Firehouse.com Guest

My condolences and prayers to the Verga Fire Company and to the family of FF James Heenan

Lt. Ken Stahl
    Fire Department Mount Joy
    Mount Joy, PA

------------------

Les.H
    Firehouse.com Guest

My prayers and thoughts are with the family, close friends and fellow crew members of Firefighter Jim Heenan. Even over the 'Water' the pain can be felt. I am sure that he will be sadly missed by all that had the pleasure to have met him. He will always be with you in your memories, never let that go.

Rest in peace Brother.

Sprinkle (UK)

Marietwety
    Firehouse.com Guest

"THE LAST ALARM"

"My father was a fireman, he drove a big red truck,
    And when he'd go to work each night, he'd say, "Mother wish me luck".
    Then Dad would not come home again, 'til sometime the next day,
    But the thing that bothered me most, was the things some folks would say.
    A fireman's life is easy, he eats and sleeps and plays,
    And sometimes he don't fight a fire for days and days and days.
    When I first heard these comments, I was too young to understand
    Cause I knew, when people had trouble Dad was there to lend a hand.
    Then my father went to work one day and kissed us all good-bye,
    But little did we realize, that night, we all would cry.
    My father gave his life that night, when the floor gave way below,
    And I wondered why he'd risk his life, for someone he didn't know.
    But now I realize, the greatest gift a man could give,
    Is to lay his life upon the line, so that someone else may live.
    So as we go from day to day, and we pray to God above,
    Say a prayer for your local fireman, he may save the one you love."

RIP Jim Heenan

To the family & friends of Jim Heenan,
    My thoughts & prayers are with you!
    From A Firefighter's Loved One

Marty Mayes
    Firehouse.com Guest

Fellow brothers and families of the Verga Fire Department. Please accecpt our humble condolences in your time of grief. His battle now complete he will rest at a peaceful station. We shall honor him in our daily thoughts and prayers with our own fallen brothers.

The brothers of,
    River Oaks Fire
    River Oaks,TX.

SpivyUSMC
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

To our brothers and sisters at Verga Fire Dept - Our deepest sympathy. Jim Heenan made the "Ultimate Sacrifice".
    It was once said of the United States Marine Corps that "Uncommon valor was a common virtue". The same applies in our world of firefighting. Heroes like Jim Heenan put their lives on the line without the blink of an eye. Some people go through life wondering if they have made a difference - Jim did not have that problem.

Lindenwold Fire Co.#1
    Asst Chief DeLucca
    Lt DeLucca

BTFD3023
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

As a volunteer firefighter myself, we all risk our lives to save the lives of others. There are the times when we are injured or killed while fighting a fire-- It is the ultimate sacrifice when we choose to be firefighters! It was said back at the Worcester Firefighters Memorial: Heroes are not those who hit home runs or score touchdowns but those people in your own neighborhood. It may be a next door neighbor or an immediate family member who may be a firefighter.
    My sympathies to you and all the people associated with the Verga Fire Department as you deal with this tragic loss. Be assured that we will keep your department in our prayers and thoughts. WE COME TOGETHER TO REMEMBER A FALLEN BROTHER FIREFIGHTER.....

Bill Bohmer-Volunteer Firefighter
    Burlington Township Fire Department

LtStevieB82
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

To the family and friends, brothers and sisters of Jim Heenan, my most heartfelt condolences on the passing of a real-life hero. His dedication serves as an example to us all.

570eck
    Firehouse.com Guest

On behalf of the West Cape May FD I would like to extend my condolences. I just came from the services for fallen fighter Heenan, it was a beautiful display of respect for a man who paid the ultimate sacrafice. As this was my first firefighter funeral there were many mixed emotions felt, but the one that sticks out most is that I hope I never have to go to another. May Jim rest in peace and may the persons he left behind heal.

lperrymcfc
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

I just wanted to let the family and friends of James Heenan know that he is in my thoughts and prayers. May he rest in peace and may his legacy live on in every single one of us! God Bless
    Liz Perry
    Mill Creek Fire Company
    Wilmington DE

Thread Information