Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Administrator

Post LODD 4/8 - Two Penn. Firefighters Drown In River Rescue Attempt

Please post condolences for two Penn. firefighters who died Sunday during a river rescue attempt.
    http://www.firehouse.com/lodd/2001/pa_apr9.html

Thanks
    WebTeam

---
    Two Penn. Firefighters Drown In River Rescue Attempt

ELLWOOD CITY, Pa. (AP) -- Two fire department divers and the kayaker they were trying to rescue drowned in a creek at a state park near Pittsburgh.

The 23-year-old man struck a submerged log, flipping his kayak Sunday in Slippery Rock Creek at McConnell's Mill State Park, police said. The kayaker, whose name was not immediately released, became trapped underwater by a fast current.

Anthony Murdick and Scott Wilson, both 25, of Unionville Volunteer Fire Department drowned while trying to save the man. Their bodies were recovered about a half-mile downstream, police said.

[This message has been edited by WebTeam (edited 04-09-2001).]

chief462
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

my deepest sympothy to the friends and familys of Anthony Murdick and Scott Wilson.
    If there is anything we at the Winfield Twp. Vol. Fire Co. can do, please do not hesitate to call.

Asst.Chief
    Kevin Smith

MrCspine21
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

My deepest sympathy to the Wilson and Murdick famlies.

I just found out today before I attended school, and it was the shock of my life. I'm still in shock and disbelief. And everybody at the Butler Area Votech is feeling the effects of this tradgedy. If any help is needed or info, You can contact the Butler votech.

Mr.Wilson wasn't just a teacher, he was my mento, my hero and most importantly my friend. He was there for me when things really started to go sour for me in my junior year, and he was there when i lost my cool or needed to blow off some steam. We'll do ya proud Scott. I promise

[This message has been edited by MrCspine21 (edited 04-16-2001).]

Vic Peterson
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

MY THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS ARE WITH THE FAMILIES AND FIREDEPTS. OF THE 2 PENN. FIREFIGHTERS KILLED WHILE ATTEMPTING A SWIFT WATER RESCUE.

LT. VIC PETERSON
    CITY OF ELKO, NV FIRE DEPT.

wbowman
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

My condolences go out the the family and friends of the 2 firefighters killed while doing what they were trained to do. It is a very special person who goes to the aid of another with the knowledge that their life is also in danger. I understand the emotions that are going through both their biological families and their fire department families. I recently lost my fiance (who was also a firefighter) to a sudden death and the impact that was felt and continues to be felt was incredible. Lean on each other, you will be each others greatest strength. God Bless you all. You are all in my prayers.

Ex-Station13
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

...and it's as quick as that - 2 of our Bravest, our Brothers, OUR Heroes - are gone - as swiftly as the current that took them from us. Scott, you were a good friend, and you will be sorely missed. Our thoughts and prayers need not be just with Scott and Tony, as they're in a better place, but with those they leave behind. With Tracey & Cole, with Beth and Talon, with their parents and family, and with their other family, the Fire Service. We at Station 13 worked often with Scott, Tony, and Station 14's crews, and I know Station 13's hurting right now as much as anybody else. Mark, Mike, Neil, Matt, Schmeider, and the rest of Unionville, our hearts and prayers are with you as you're going through a very difficult time - you may feel alone, but you're not. We're all hurting right along with you. Godspeed Scott & Tony, Godspeed...

Sincerely,
    Rich, Jennifer, and Ciera Osborne

R. Deldonna
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

My deepest condolences go out to the families and brother firefighters of Assistant Chief Anthony Murdick and FF/Paramedic Scott Wilson............. *

Lt. R. Deldonna,
    Station 72 Fire/Dive Rescue
    Ocean County, NJ

[This message has been edited by R. Deldonna (edited 04-09-2001).]

wfireemt
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

YOU GUYS GAVE ALL...REST IN PEACE TONY AND SCOTT...LEST WE FORGET

sixpoints
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

MY THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS ARE WITH THE FAMILIES AND FIREDEPTS. OF THE 2 PENN. FIREFIGHTERS KILLED WHILE ATTEMPTING A SWIFT WATER RESCUE. MY THEY R.I.P.

FIGHTING 62
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

ON BEHALF OF THE OFFICERS AND MEMBERS OF THE S.M. VAUCLAIN FIRE DEPT. OF RIDLEY TOWNSHIP. OUR THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS GO OUT TO THE FAMILIES, FRIENDS AND THE UNIONVILLE VOLUNTEER FIRE DEPT. OF FIREFIGHTERS ANTHONY MURDICK AND SCOTT WILSON.MAY GOD BLESS THEM.

BVETTOREL
    Firehouse.com Guest

MY THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS ARE WITH THE FAMILIES AND THE FIREDEPTS. OF THE 2 PENN. FIREFIGHTERS KILLED WHILE ATTEMPTING A SWIFT WATER RESCUE.

B VETTOREL
    CAROLINA VFD
    CHARLOTTE N.C.

JrFFLt
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

To all the people that knew these two young brave firefighters, my best of wishes go out to for the recovery of this horrible incident. Just like every other brother out there risking there lives for someone elses.

Aaron Temple
    Bowdoinham Fire Department,
    Bowdoinham, Maine

TSchlagel
    Firehouse.com Guest

My deepest sympathy goes out to both of the families. I have known Tony Murdick for a long time...My father and his father work together at the VA and Tony used to work on my fathers crew. I know that there will be many people that will miss these two fine gentlemen. What they do, as do thousands of others, is to be commended.

To the Murdick family, if there is anything myself or my family can do, please do not hesitate to call.

Tricia Schlagel

eggertd
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

On behalf of the Mt. Penn Fire Co. & Lower Alsace Ambulance I would like to extend our condolences to the families and fellow firefighters of Assistant Chief Anthony Murdick and FF/Paramedic Scott Wilson. May they rest in peace.

David Eggert
    Firefighter/EMT
    Mt. Penn Fire Co.
    Lower Alsace Ambulance

wacker
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

My thoughts and prayers are with the families and friends of the firefighters and kayaker who died. You will be in my thoughts and prayers as well as the thoughts and prayers of fellow volunteers/public safety students.

Jason Harrold
    Firefighter/EMT
    Evergreen Fire Company
    Public Safety Student-AW Beattie Technical School
    Pittsburgh, PA

lambo90
    Firehouse.com Guest

I offer my condolences to the families and friends of the two firefighters who were killed in the line of duty. May their brave efforts be remembered forever.

------------------

Sta22BeaverCoPA
    Firehouse.com Guest

We, the members of the Chippewa Twp VFD- Beaver County PA, extend our deepest sympathy to the Families of Assistant Chief Anthony Murdick and FF/Medic Scott Wilson. Your loss is felt by the Fire Community, not only in PA, but worldwide and we all will pray with you and for you. Chief Lauer, my condolences to you and your members of your loss. We are all Brother/Sister firefighters and all feel this loss. And as the final bagpipe sounds and another prayer is said, we lay our Brother firefighters to rest, in this hallowed ground...

Mark Wolz
    Captain - Chippewa Twp VFD

resqmitch
    Firehouse.com Guest

With the greatest of sympathy our hearts and prayers go out to the families of Asst. Chief
    Murdick, and FF/Paramedic Wilson.
    And to their Friends, and coworkers at the Unionville Volunteer fire Department.
    There is a special place for people such as these.
    The members, and officers of Rescue station 72 Pennsylvania Water Rescue

Easton Pennsylvania
    Michael White

TRAVIS PUFF
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

ALL OF OUR THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS TO THE FIRFIGHTERS AND FAMILIES ON THEIR LOSS.THANKS GUYS FOR GIVING THE ULTIMATE SACRIFICE FOR THE GOOD OF ONE AND ALL. LT.WILLIAM T PUFFENBARGER HANOVER COUNTY VA ENGINE CO 10

Les.H
    Firehouse.com Guest

My condolences to the families, close friends and fellow crew members of Anthony Murdick and Scott Wilson. I am sure that they will be greatly missed by those who had the pleasure to have met them. My thoughts and prayers are with you all during this very sad and painful time.

Sprinkle (UK)

Thread Information