Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    WebTeamG
    Firehouse.com Guest

Post LODD 4/8 - AR FF Killed In MVA

Please post condolences for the Arkansas firefighter who died Sunday while responding to the station for a fire call. <a href="http://www.firehouse.com/lodd/2001/ar_apr11.html">http://www.firehouse.com/lodd/2001/ar_apr11.html</a>
    Thanks
    WebTeam

---
    Arkansas Firefighter Killed In MVA

An Arkansas firefighter was killed early Sunday while responding to his station for a fire call.

After the Pottsville Volunteer Fire Department got a call for a trailer house fire at about 3 a.m., Firefighter Brian Richter lost control of his vehicle en-route to the station.

CHAPLAIN 09
    Firehouse.com Guest

ON BEHALF OF THE FLINT HILL FIRE DEPT.OUR HEARTS ARE HEAVY. WE SEND OUR CONDOLENCES AND PRAYERS TO THE FAMILY OF OUR BROTHER BRIAN RICHTER. MAY THE LORD WRAP HIS ARMS AROUND YOU AT THIS TIME OF NEED.GOD BLESS

------------------
    CHAPLAIN MICHAEL F. DAVIS

Letona_Fire_26
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

On behalf of the Letona Volunteer Fire Dept. We send our condolences to the friends and family of Firefighter Brian Richter.

Jason M. Duncan
    Letona Vol. Fire Dept.
    Helmet #26
    Letona Ar.

Americas Heroes
    Firehouse.com Guest

All of us at Dalmatian Productions, Inc., the producers of "RESCUE HEROES" and "America's Heroes: The Volunteers of Fire/Rescue," wish to extend our sincere condolences to the family, comrades and friends of FF Brian Richter.

May the memories of his dedication to his job, his department, his family and his community serve as an inspiration to us all.

Steven S. Greene
    Executive Producer

glenrosefd
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

The hearts and prayers of the Glen Rose Fire & Rescue go out to the family of Firefighter Brian Richter. May the memories of his dedication to his job, his department, his family and his community serve as an inspiration to us all.

Glen Rose Fire & Rescue
    Malvern, Ar

wbowman
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

My condolences and prayers to the family and friends of Brian Richter. To his fire department family, lean on each other during this difficult time. I recently lost my fiance to a sudden death. We were both FFs. I has been my FD family who have helped me to cope with his loss. It is never easy to lose someone at such a young age. Keep your heads up and continue to serve your community as FF Richter did and would want you to. It takes a very special person to be willing to give up their life for a complete stranger. This is what FF Richter has done.

Keep Safe and
    God Bless You All!

eggertd
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

On behalf of the Mt. Penn Fire Co. & Lower Alsace Ambulance I would like to extend our condolences to the family and fellow firefighters of FF Brian Richter. May he rest in peace.

David Eggert
    Mt. Penn Fire Co.
    Lower Alsace Ambulance

JESSICA
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

I received a phone call Sunday morning, April 8th, informing me of the death of my brother, Brian Richter. I had a five hour journey to reach home which allowed much time for tears of sorrow and floods of memories. It was the longest trip ever and the hardest to make. My sorrow was eased by the outpourring of love from Brian's FireFighter family and all his friends. The service was so beautiful and I know that Brian was looking down from Heaven smiling as the "last call" was given. This gesture sent chills down me but gave me much peace. To Steve Hemmer and the Pottsville Volunteer Fire Department, Thank you. Your love and support during this time has meant so much to me and my family. Your honoring my brother in this manner has comforted not only you but Sonya, Brian's children and his family. We truly appreciate the effort you give each day in making sure that our world is safer.

As I drove home, I passed a local Volunteer station, and again cried tears of sorrow but in my new enlightened awareness of the sacrifices that Volunteers and other firefighters make each and every day I said a prayer that each would find their way home safe after each call they respond to. I know too that Brian will be looking after each of you because we (his family) teased him about being our very own "mother hubbard", always looking out for us and now he too will be looking out for you.

WFDFFEMTI
    Firehouse.com Guest

May all of our prayers and condolences be with the family of Brian Richter who, like many, gave much of himself to helping others in times of need and never needed a thank you to continue to help others.

GPFRS127
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

My condolences to Jessica and the Family of firefighter Richter. God bless the firefighters who knew him well. We recently remembered a local firefighter who died in the line of duty on April 20th of last year. I know how it feels to lose a brother firefighter.

------------------
    Andrew Coe
    Firefighter Green Pond Fire & Rescue Service
    http://greenpondfire.homestead.com/main.html

Vice President District 3 Alabama Firefighters Association
    http://www.alfire.com

JefferyB
    Firehouse.com Guest

Brian Richter --- the true selfless American hero. As a vol firefighter in my own very small hometown of Mound City IL, I, along with quite a few other wonderful people answered the call for help. Bringing water to a fire is a special thrill that I have not felt in 11yrs as a police officer. My hat is off to all of you. Rest in peace Brother Brian. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

------------------
    Jeff Billingsley
    Southaven, MS

Malahat27
    Firehouse.com Guest

On behalf of Malahat Fire Dept (British Columbia, Canada) I send our best wishes and heartfelt condolences to the family, friends of Brian, and to the members of his fire dept, I know he will be missed greatly.
    Cheers,
    Rick Hills
    Malahat 27

Thread Information