amyfirehouse
    Firehouse.com Guest

Post LODD 5/2 - Canada FF Dies Battling Apartment Fire

Please post condolences for the Canadian firefighter who died Monday while battling an apartment fire. http://www.firehouse.com/lodd/2001/canada_may2.html
    Thanks
    WebTeam
    ---
    Toronto Firefighter Dies At Blaze

Carey, 51, suffered an apparent heart attack as he fought a fire in a apartment complex at Dundas St. and Stewart Ave., near Scarlett Rd., late Monday and was declared dead at St. Joseph's hospital.

He was one week away from having 29 years on the job and two months from retirement.

Pat Richardson
    Firehouse.com Guest

The article in the paper was correct. Firefighters are family. On behalf of the Town of Pantego and the paid and volunteer members of the Pantego Fire Department, our heartfelt prayers for the family of Captain Pat Carey.

Pat Richardson
    Mayor
    Pantego, Texas

------------------
    Pat Richardson
    Mayor
    Pantego, Texas

CHAPLAIN 09
    Firehouse.com Guest

ON BEHALF OF THE FLINT HILL FIRE DEPT.WE SEND OUR CONDOLENCES AND PRAYERS FOR OUR BROTHER CAPT. PAT CAREY. MAY THE LORD BE WITH EACH OF YOU IN THIS TIME OF NEED. GOD BLESS

Vic Peterson
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

THE CITY OF ELKO FIRE DEPT. PASSES ON OUR THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS TO THE FAMILY OF CAPT. PAT CAREY AND TO THE BROTHERS AND SISTERS OF THE TORONTO FIRE DEPT.

captstanm1
    Firehouse.com Guest

It is with great sadness that we read the tragic story of our brother who had proudly served for 29 years. His unfinished career is just a reminder that the task at hand is a never ending one. Our hearts and prayers go out to his family and friends as well as his extended family...[the Fire Department he so proudly served]. We hope and pray that he will sit at the right hand of the "Big Chief" and watch over the rest of us that continue to do the neverending chore of providing emergency services.

Stan Mettinger, Firefighting Consultant
    Retired Virginia Firefighter www.elite-fire.com

Cindy Parker, Firefighter/Paramedic
    Pinellas County Florida

Les.H
    Firehouse.com Guest

My condolences to the family, close friends and fellow crew members of Firefighter Pat Carey. I am sure that he will be sadly missed by all that had the pleasure to have known him. My prayers and thoughts are with you all during this painful time.

Sprinkle (UK)

ripratt
    Firehouse.com Guest

On behalf of all Firefighters in Manitoba, I would like to sent my condolences to the family and friends of Captain Pat Carey. We all lost a brother from our extended family on May 2,2001.

------------------
    R.S. Pratt
    Secretary,
    Municipal Firefighter's Association
    Chief of Operations,
    C.E.R.T. Manitoba

Firehouse.com Guest

On behalf of the Fire Department of Chelsea, Quebec, Canada, I wish to extend our sincerest condolences to the family of Pat Carey, the members of his company and to Toronto Fire Services. We wish you the strength to make it through this difficult time.

John Pomeroy
    Firefighter
    Chelsea Fire/Rescue

Michael Osborne
    Firehouse.com Guest

The officers, firefighters and civilian staff of the Severn Township Fire Department would like to extend our sincerest condolences to the family and friends of Capt. Pat Carey.

May the memory of his dedication to his family, department and community serve as an inspiration to us all. Our prayers go out to family, both at home, and with the Toronto Fire Department.

Michael Osborne, Firefighter
    Township of Severn
    Ontario, Canada

FF32
    Firehouse.com Guest

My deepest condolences to his family and to the Toronto Fire Dept. This is truly a great loss.

------------------
    D. Poste
    Former QuinteWest Firefighter

Thread Information