Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Administrator

Post Passaic, NJ LODD

A Passaic, New Jersey area firefighter was killed Wednesday night and a second firefighter reported in serious condition
    following a general alarm fire at an apartment building on Market Street.

Feel free to post condolences below.

The full story which will be updated as more information becomes available is online at
    http://www.firehouse.com/lodd/2001/nj_may9.html

FF McDonald
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

My condolences go out to this firefighters family, and his department. We are saddened by your loss.

I'd like to share a poem, that was read at the funeral of my girlfriends good friend - he was also a Firefighter.

A Firefighters Gloves

A Firefighters Gloves hold many things,
    From elderly arms to a kids broken swing,
    From the hands they shake and the backs they pat,
    To the tiny claw marks of another treed cat.
    At 2 am they are filled with the chrome,
    From the DWI who was on her way home.
    And the equipment they use to roll back the dash,
    From a family of 6 she involved in the crash.

The brush rakes in Spring wear the palms out,
    When the wind does a "90" to fill them with doubt.
    The thumb of the glove wipes the sweat from the brow,
    Of the face of a firefighter who mutters "What now"!

They hold inch and three quarters flowing one seventy five,
    So the ones going in, come back out alive.
    When the regulator goes; then there isn't too much,
    But the bypass valve they eagerly clutch.

The rescue equipment, the ropes, the C-collars;
    The lives that they save never measured in dollars,
    Are the obvious things firefighters gloves hold,
    Or, so that is what I've been always told.

But there are other things Firefighters Gloves touch,
    Those are the things we all need so much.

They hold back the rage on that 3 am call,
    They hold in the fear when your lost in a hall,
    They hold back the pity, agony,sorrow.
    They hold in the desire to "Do it tomorrow".

A glove is just a glove till it's on firefighter,
    Who work all day long just to pull an all-nighter.
    And into the forray they charge without fear,
    At the sound of a "Help" they think that they hear.

When firefighters' hands go into the glove,
    It's a firefighter who always fills it with love.
    Sometimes the sorrow is too much to bear,
    And it seeps the glove and burns deep "in there".

Off come the gloves when the call is done,
    And into the pocket until the next run.
    The hands become lonely and cold for a bit,
    And shake just a little thinking of it.

And we sit there so red eyed with our gloves in their coats,
    The tears come so fast that the furniture floats.
    We're not so brave now; our hands we can't hide,
    I guess it just means that we're human inside.

And though some are paid and others are not,
    The gloves feel the same when it's cold or it's hot.
    To someone you're helping to just get along,
    When you fill them with love, you always feel strong.

And so when I go on my final big ride,
    I hope to have my gloves by my side,
    To show to St. Peter at that heavenly gate.
    Cause as everyone knows, FIREFIGHTERS DO NOT WAIT!

Thank God.

------------------
    Marc

"In Omnia Paratus"

-- The opinions presented here are my own; and are not those of any organization that I belong to, or work for.

micohe1
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

My condolences to the family of this fallen hero and to the Passaic Fire Dept. Lets pray for a speedy recovery for the other injured Firefighter.

RevMark98
    Firehouse.com Guest

God BLess our brothers on the line who give up their lives..and those who are left behind to grieve for them!

------------------
    RevMarkDeBrizzi
    "Because HE lives we can face tomorrow"

vfn26
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

My prayers go out to The family of Passaic Firefighter Alberto Tirrado, 40 yrs old a 7 year member of the Passaic Fire Department. My prayers also go out to the 4 other firefighters who were injured. May FF Tirrado rest in peace and I wish the 4 injured a speedy recovery.

GPFRS127
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

My condlences to the family of the fallen firefighter. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

------------------
    Andrew Coe
    Firefighter Green Pond Fire & Rescue Service
    http://greenpondfire.homestead.com/main.html

Vice President District 3 Alabama Firefighters Association
    http://www.alfire.com

JMyer
    Firehouse.com Guest

Thoughts and prayers to the family and department of our fallen family member. As both a volunteer and a paid federal FF/EMT I feel, with out knowing him, the sorrow of the family and the department. You paid the ultimate sacrafice, doing what we all love to do. As for your partner, may God do the best for the FF, includeing a speedy and whole recovery. We wish the family, department and friends, that your sorrow be short, and your memories forever, as another one goes to watch our backs from that department in the sky.

Jason & Heather Myer
    Volunteer FF/EMT Susanville City Fire
    GS4 Wildland BD/IA Crew USDA Forest Service
    Volunteer EMT

[This message has been edited by JMyer (edited 05-11-2001).]

[This message has been edited by JMyer (edited 05-11-2001).]

JMyer
    Firehouse.com Guest

Thoughts and prayers to the family and department of my fallen family member. As both a volunteer and a paid federal FF/EMT I feel, with out knowing him, the sorrow of the family and the department. As for your partner, my god does what ever is best for the FF, including a speedy and whole recovery.As for the family, department and friends, may your sorrow be short, and your memories forever, As another one goes to watch our backs from that department in the sky.
    Jason Myer
    Volunteer FF/EMT Susanville City Fire
    GS4 Wildland BD Initial Attack Crew
    USDA Forest Service

Jvettorel
    Firehouse.com Guest

The Cochranton VFD expresses our sympathy and prayers to the family and friends of the fallen firefighter, and wishes a speedy recovery to the injured brother.

LtRandy
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

The officers and members of the St. Joseph Fire Department L1670 St. Joseph, Michigan extend our condolences to the family of FF. Alberto Tirrado and to the Passaic Fire Department, and a speedy recovery of the injured firefighter.

BucksEng91
    Firehouse.com Guest

My thoughts and prayers are with FF Tirrado's family, friends, and brother and sister firefighters in Passaic.

To FF Tirrado: Well done, brother. You served with honor and bravery. Go in peace, and may the Lord bless and keep your family close to His heart.

------------------
    J. Black

The opinions expressed are mine and mine alone and may not reflect those of any organization with which I am associated.

truckie1794
    Firehouse.com Guest

It is with a heavy heart that we express our deepest condolences to the family, friends and brother & sister firefighters of the Passaic FD on the loss of our brother firefighter. May God bess and protect them.

Porter Volunteer Fire Dept
    Porter Texas

Tim Griffin
    Firehouse.com Guest

From the Officers and Firefighters of the Monmouth Beach Fire Dept.We would like to express our condolences to the family of F/F Tirrado and the Passaic Fire Dept.We would aslo like to express our thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery for the F/F who was also injured in the fire.

[This message has been edited by Tim Griffin (edited 05-10-2001).]

Tim Griffin
    Firehouse.com Guest

From the members of SQUAD Co 1 FDLB We would like to express our condolences to the family of F/F Tirrado and the Passaic Fire Dept.We would also like to express our thought and prayers for the F/F who was injured at the fire and hope for a speedy recovery

[This message has been edited by Tim Griffin (edited 05-10-2001).]

lambo90
    Firehouse.com Guest

My condolences go out to the friends and family of Firefighter Tirrado. May they know, they have many friends and firefighters across the country greiving with them.

------------------
    Joseph A. Lamb
    Lieutenant 91
    Warminster Fire Department

The opinions expressed herein may or may not represent the opinions with which I am associated.

Skaren
    Firehouse.com Guest

The City of Anderson Alaska, and it's Volunteer Fire and EMS Department prays for the speedy recovery of the injured Passaic FF. Our deep sympathy goes out to the family of FF Tirrado, who put his life on the line save the lives of others, a true hero.

Karen Shields, Mayor
    Volunteer EMT/FF

oldE6man
    Firehouse.com Guest

To all the brothers of the Passaic FD:

Our thoughts and prayers are with you. For my good friend George Kelly and Chief Lou Imparato, hang in there, brothers. I use that term with the ultimate respect. It is hard to believe that we just talked about LODDs at the CFSI dinner two weeks ago, and how Passaic had never lost a brother.

None of us ever knows when it will strike. From DC's personal experience, it is gut-wrenching. Your department will be so busy during the next week you will not have a chance to grieve. When all the brother and sister firefighters have gathered, paid their respects to your fallen hero, and gone back to their respective departments, then you will deal with the loss of your brother. That will be your most difficult time.

I'll see you at the funeral. May God give you the strength and guidance to get through this trying time.

Les.H
    Firehouse.com Guest

My condolences to the family, close friends and fellow crew members of FF Tirrado. I am sure he will be sadly missed by all that had the pleasure to have met him. He will always be with you in your memories, never let that go. My prayers and thoughts are with you all during this very sad period.

Sprinkle (UK)

CRISPY
    Firehouse.com Guest

My condolences go out to Tirrado family. It is with deep regret that I must post in this forum today. God Bless Tirrado and his family. God bless his partner. God Bless the Passaic Fire Department.

Craig Taureck
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

I send my prayers and respects to the entire family and the entire Passaic Fire Department.
    " If your looking for a hero, a role model, you dont have to look too far. You see a hero isnt a person who hits homeruns or scores touchdowns in front of thousands of cheering fans. A hero is an active citizen who does something extra ordinary to help someone else in need. A hero is a firefighter who runs into a burning building, never thinking for himself. And if you want to find one of these heros, all you have to do is look next door at your neighbor or your uncle. Or across the breakfast table at your own dad."
    -The Honorable Raymond Mariano, Mayor of Worcester, Mass.
    -Worcester Fallen Fighter's Memorial Service December 9, 1999

God Bless

Thread Information