My deepest condolences go to the family of FF Albert Tirado and to the Passaic Fire Dept. He will be remembered forever.

He is the first fireman from Passaic to be killed in the line of duty since 1970 when a horrific fire took the lives of two fireman of the Passaic Fire Dept. One of the fireman killed in that blaze in 1970 was my uncle, FF Samuel Latona. He was 28 years old and was sent into the blazing fire of a building only to never get a chance to live another day of his life. The memory of my uncle and FF ALbert Tirado will live on forever. They devoted their lives to save others as does each and every firefighter on this earth. He leaves behind his family as did my uncle, but they both will be remembered forever. Some call them "heros", some call them "men of honor", some call them "just regular people who risked their lives to save others." I call them saints.

Now he is at peace sitting next to my uncle. I know they are both looking down now and seeing how many people cared for them and respected them and as they look down at us now all we can say is, "We love you. You will never be forgotten. May you rest in peace."

[This message has been edited by herosgetremembered (edited 05-16-2001).]

[This message has been edited by herosgetremembered (edited 05-16-2001).]

[This message has been edited by herosgetremembered (edited 05-17-2001).]