Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    WebTeamG
    Firehouse.com Guest

Post LODD 5/22 - Newark NJ FF Collapses After Blaze

Please post condolences for the Newark, New Jersey firefighter who died at the hospital after being pulled from two-alarm fire.
    <a href="http://www.firehouse.com/lodd/2001/nj_may22.html">http://www.firehouse.com/lodd/2001/nj_may22.html</a>
    Thanks
    WebTeam
    ---
    A Newark firefighter collapsed and died at a two-alarm structure fire Tuesday, and two other firefighters suffered minor injuries, Newark fire officials said.

Lawrence Webb, 37, was a 15-year veteran of the department.

He was at a second alarm fire at a two and a half story house reported at about 4:15 p.m., said fire department spokesman Matt Greimel.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

axman
    Firehouse.com Guest

May God be with You and your Family, What you have done for your Community will never be forgotten, We will miss you my Brother.

REBCHIEF702
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

It is again we must mourn the loss of a New Jersey Firefighter. It was only 2 weeks ago that FF Al Tirado of the Passaic FD died in the Line of Duty, and now Newark FD has to mourn one of their own. My deepest sympathy to the members of the Newark FD and to the family of FF Webb.

Vic Peterson
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

MY THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS ARE WTIH THE FAMILY OF FIREFIGHTER WEBB AND THE NEWARK FIRE DEPT.

RAMZE RAMADAN
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

MY HEARTFELT SYMPATHY GO OUT TO THE FAMILY AND FRIENDS OF FF.LAWRENCE WEBB OF THE NEWARK F.D. MY PRAYERS GO OUT TO THE TWO FF WHO WERE INJURED AT THE SAME FIRE SCENE.I HOPE FOR A SPEEDY RECOVERY.I AM A PASSAIC FIREFIGHTER WHO LOST A VERY GOOD FRIEND & ROLE MODEL,FF.ALBERTO TIRADO,TWO WEEKS AGO.THE DAYS THAT WILL FOLLOW WILL NOT BE AN EASY TIME,BUT,BROTHERS MUST STICK TOGETHER, TALK AND REMEMBER THE GOOD THINGS THAT FF.WEBB HAS DONE. ALWAYS REMEMBER THE GOOD TIMES THAT WERE SHARED. HE WILL ALWAYS BE REMEMBERED BY THOSE WHO LOVED HIM. HE WILL LIVE IN ALL OUR HEARTS.

GOD BLESS,BE SAFE,& MAY ST.FLORIAN WATCH AND PROTECT US ALL!!!

YOUR BROTHER FROM PASSAIC F.D.

CHAPLAIN 09
    Firehouse.com Guest

ON BEHALF OF FLINT HILL FIRE DEPT. OUR PRAYERS ARE WITH OUR BROTHER LAWERENCE WEBB AND OUR BROTHERS AT THE NEWARK FIRE DEPT.MAY GOD COMFORT YOUR PAIN AT THIS TIME. IN HIS NAME WE PRAY.

------------------
    CHAPLAIN MICHAEL F. DAVIS

Paterson FireOfficers
    Firehouse.com Guest

THE CREATION OF THE FIREFIGHTER

When the Lord was creating Firefighters, he was into his sixth day of overtime when an angel appeared and said, "Your doing a lot of fiddling around on this one."

And the Lord said "Have you read the specification on this person? Firefighters have to be able to go for hours fighting fires or tending to a person that the usual every day person would never touch, while putting in the back of their mind the circumstances. They have to be able to move at a seconds notice and not think twice of what they are about to do, no matter what the danger. They have to be in top physical condition at all times, running on half-eaten meals, and they must have six pairs of hands.

The Angel shook her head slowly and said, "Six pair of hands... no way."

"It's not the hands that are causing me the problems," said the Lord, "it's the three pairs of eyes a Firefighter has to have."

"That's on the standard model?" asked the angel.

The Lord nodded. "One pair that sees through the fire and where they and their fellow Firefighters should fight the fire next. Another pair here in the side of the head to see their fellow Firefighters and keep them safe. And another pair of eyes in the front so that they can look for the victims caught in the fire that need their help."

"Lord" said the angel, touching his sleeve, "Rest and work on this tommorrow."

"I can't" said the Lord, "I already have a model that can carry a 250 pound man down a flight of stairs and to safety from a burning building, and can feed a family of five on a civil service paycheck."

The angel circled the model of the Firefighter very slowly, Can it think?"

"You bet" said the Lord. "It can tell you the elements of a hundred fires; and can recite procedures in their sleep that are needed to care for a person until they reach the hospital. And all the while they have to keep their wits about themselves. This Firefighter also has phenomenal personal control. They can deal with a scene full of pain and hurt, coaxing a child's mother into letting go of the child so that they can care for the child in need. And still they rarely get the recongnition for a job well done from anybody, other than from fellow Firefighters."

Finally, the angel bent over and ran her fingers across the cheek of the Firefighter. "There's a leak," she pronounced. "Lord it's a tear. What's the tear for?" asked the angel.

"It's a tear from bottled-up emotions for fallen comrades. A tear for commitment to that funny piece of cloth called the American Flag. It's a tear for all the pain and suffering they have encountered. And it's a tear for their commitment to caring for and saving lives of their fellow man!"

"What a wonderful feature Lord, you're a genious" said the angel.

The Lord looked somber and said, "I didn't put it there."

~~ AUTHOR UNKNOWN ~~

qpd1039
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

From the Quincy Police Dept communications we send our deepest sympathy.God bless,our thoughts are with you

Mike Loftus
    Firehouse.com Guest

We share your loss. May God be you and your family at this terrible time.

Seaford Volunteer Fire Department

EUitts
    Firehouse.com Guest

I would like to extend my condolences to the family of Firefighter Webb and the members of the Newark Fire Department. Rest in peace brother...may you never be forgotten.

Firefighter Eric Uitts
    Norwalk, CT Fire Dept.

Paterson FireOfficers
    Firehouse.com Guest

Info on Funeral at http://www.pfanj.com

GPFRS127
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

My condolences to Shaq, and the Webb family.

You are in my thoughts and prayers

------------------
    Andrew Coe
    Firefighter Green Pond Fire & Rescue Service
    http://greenpondfire.homestead.com/main.html

Vice President District 3 Alabama Firefighters Association
    http://www.alfire.com

RF81
    Firehouse.com Guest

We would like to extend our heartfelt condolences to the family of Lawrence Webb and the membership of the Newark Fire Department during this time of their sorrow

The Firefighters of Norwich Township
    L1723

FF.1205
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

To the family of Firefighter Webb and the Newark FD Brother's and Sister's.
    My condolences and heartfelt sympathy go out to all of you and may you hopefully find some comfort in knowing God has just called now home one of the best choosen few.

God Bless you Brother Webb

tc/ss

Dave
    HTFD

moggie69er
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

A firefighters pledge is to promise concern for others a willingness to help all those in need.
    A firefighters pledge is a promise of courage, courage to face and conquer his fears and courage to share and endure the ordeal of those who need him.
    A firefighters pledge is the wisdom to lead, the compassion to comfort, and the love to serve unselfishly whenever he is called
    And a promise of strength, strength of heart to bear whatever burdens might be placed upon him and the strength of body to deliver to safety all those placed within his care.

Firefighter Lawrence Webb, you have been called by God to come serve him. We pray for your soul and your family. You have answered the call of duty and have served your community well. You will always be remembered in the hearts of those you have served. As we are gathered on this day, let us not look to mourning, for that is over, let us now rejoice as our brother, comrade, firefighter, will walk on to heaven, with God the almighty father. Firefighter Lawrence Webb, you have answered your last call.

[This message has been edited by moggie69er (edited 05-25-2001).]

LtRandy
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

The officers and members of The St. Joseph Fire Department L1670 St. Joseph, Michigan extend our condolences to the family of FF. Lawrence Webb and also to the Newark Fire Department after his tragic death on Tuesday. Lt. Randy Schrubba VP L1670 St. Joseph, Michigan

[This message has been edited by LtRandy (edited 05-25-2001).]

tcm3651
    Firehouse.com Guest

to the members of the Newark NJ fire department and to the family of F.F. Lawrence Webb my prayers are with you at this very sad time. he will always be remembered. he is with god now and at peace

F.F. Tony Mirande
    Dover plains ny

daysleeper47
    Firehouse.com Guest

On behalf of my family, I would like to express my condolences to the family, brothers and sisters, and friends of FF Lawrence Webb. May he rest in peace.

------------------
    Joe
    Daysleeper47
    "When the bell goes ding-ding, its time to get on the woo-woo."
    "Dusting desire - starting to learn. Walking through fire with out a burn..."
    Youngstown Fire Department

Thread Information