My deepest sympothies go out to F.D.N.Y. and the families that these BRAVE firefighters leave behind. Keep the HOPE that you will find more firefighters in the rubble.
    Jonathan Brown
    Firefighter
    Center Ossipee Fire Dept.
    New Hampshire

FIREFIGHTER SIMON BARRETT
    MID & WEST WALES FIRE RESCUE,WALES UK.

ON BEHALF OF THE MANY FIREFIGHTERS OF THE
    MID & WEST WALES FIRE BRIGADE UK.
    PLEASE ACCEPT OUR SINCEREST CONDOLENCES.
    OUR THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS ARE WITH YOU ALL.
    WE PRAY THERE ARE MORE SURVIVORS YET TO BE FOUND,NEVER GIVE UP HOPE.

Please don't shed tears of sorrow, for our brothers and sisters gave their lives doing what they loved to do for all tomorrows. Stand proud casting your eyes to the heaves knowing they watch now over us as we begin where they left off at their ending.
    Know as a nation we are ALL brothers and sisters who have vowed our lives to serve and protect.

To all working in NYC and at the Pentagon, be safe.

SueAnn Hardiman
    EMT

Everything happens for a reason, even though we may not understand the reasoning.

IT IS WITH RESPECT AND HONOR THAT WE PRAY FOR OUR BROTHERS AND SISTERS WHO ARE MISSING AT THE WORLD TRADE CENTER INCIDENT.
    WE ARE DOING OUR VERY BEST TO SUPPORT YOUR RESCUE EFFORTS FROM S.W. FLORIDA
    WE WILL CONTINUE TO PRAY FOR EACH OF YOU, AND EACH OF THE FAMILIES INVOLVED IN THIS INCIDENT.
    MAY GOD BLESS ALL OF US AND MAY GOD BLESS AMERICA AS WELL.

CHRISTOPHER SPENCER
    PRESIDENT I.A.F.F.2887
    F.D.M.I.

[ 09-16-2001: Message edited by: SPENCER ]

To all fallen firefighters in N.Y. you will never be forgotten you all did what you were trained to do even thought you all Knew that the WTC was about to collapse you guys still went in to save the lives of the WTC victims.
    ALWAYS REMEMBER 9-11-2001
    GOD BLESS ALL FALLEN FIREFIGHTERS IN THE U.S.A
    David R.Horner
    GrandTraverse Fife Lake Vol.

In memory of our brothers and sisters of the FDNY who answered their last alarm on 09/11/01 It is indeed a very sad day for the fire service. My thoughts and prayers go out to the families of these victims. Each night that I go to sleep I shall say a prayer for those in the rescue effort,hoping in some way they may rescue someone from beneath the rubble. Words can not express the sorrow in which we all are feeling at this time,however we all know that these brave men and women sacraficed themselves,doing what they loved to do. Having lost my brother in the line of duty 19 years ago I know what you are all going through. My heart goes out to each and every one of you who have suffered a loss in this tragic event. God Bless each and everyone in the FDNY and may you all find the strength to carry on during these difficult times

I didn't know any of those who were lost, but, I mourn for them all. Not a moment goes by that I don't think about our fallen Brothers and Sisters and their families. My prayers go out to FDNY and all the brave souls lost to this sensless act.

Stay safe and God Bless.
    Bless all of our Fallen Brothers and Sisters. You will not be forgotten

Thoughts and prayers to all those brothers and sisters who gave the ultimate

My condolences to the FDNY.

In Australia we honour the dead soldiers
    from two world wars with a poem, I'm not sure
    who the author is:

"THEY SHALL NOT GROW OLD,,,AS WE THAT ARE LEFT GROW OLD.

AGE SHALL NOT WEARY THEM, NOR THE YEARS CONDEMN, AT THE GOING DOWN OF THE SUN, AND
    IN THE MORNING, WE WILL REMEMBER THEM.

"LEST WE FORGET"

Terry Morton, volunteer firefighter, Victoria
    Australia

our deepest sympathy to all those who have lost loved ones in this horrific disaster.As fellow firefighters from New Zealand we feel the great pain of losing fellow emergency service workers.I hope that you can find some peace and comfort in the knowledge that you are all in our hearts and prayers.Keep strong and be safe.
    Andrea & Darren Paraparaumu Fire Brigade,NZ.

Basket Range Country Fire Service mourns the FDNY firefighters lost while protecting the life and property of their community. May their sacrifice become the cornerstone for peace and not the precursor to mass destruction. The East Torrens CFS Group held a memorial service last night attended by 300 firefighters, family and residents from the Adelaide Hills. Our prayers are with the people of New York and the families of all missing or lost.
    Steve Salter
    Captain, Basket Range CFS

I am still unable to fully understand the scope of the loss that has occured in both New York and the Pentagon. My heart goes out to all of the emergency services workers who lost their lives in these unspeakable acts.
    I don't know what else I can say. Words are just not enough...

WHERE WAS GOD?

"I know you're mad at Me right now. That's all right. People have been mad at Me before and will be again. Being mad is part of being human. My Son got mad, too. It's all right to be mad sometimes at injustice, for example, or the lack of charity."
    "You probably think I am unjust and uncharitable when an airplane goes down like that. All those people lost. The children gone. It doesn't seem right; it can't be loving. You ask, 'Where was God?' Why did He allow that to happen?"
    "I allow it to happen because I allow you freedom. I could have left you on a string and made you dance all day without getting tired. I could have moved your mouth for you and made you sing all night without growing hoarse. I could have pulled a wire that would have let you soar skyward and
    never fall."
    "I could have, but I didn't because I love you so much. I want you to be free to decide when to dance and sing. Free to determine when you will come to Me in faith and hope. Because you are free, some of you choose not to dance or sing. Some of you select hatred over love, revenge over forgiveness, bombs over a helping hand. As you choose, I watch. I do not disappear. I
    listen to both the songs and the bombs. AND I REMEMBER."
    "Where was God?" you wonder...I was there. I whispered in the ear of a little girl, 'Don't be afraid, I am with you.' I held the hand of a business woman as tightly as she clutched mine. I cradled a pilot against my shoulder as if he were a baby again."
    "Amid the paralyzing fear, I was there, as I was there with my Son in the garden. Amid the unbearable pain, I was there, as I was with Him as He was whipped. Amid the terrible realization that life was ending too soon, I was there, with Him as He hung on the cross and asked, like you, "My God, why have you forsaken Me?"
    "I had not forsaken Him. I did not forsake them. I was there as they fell, and as they rose to eternal joy. I listened to their anger, answered their questions and showed them why they had been created. Not to end that way, but to live with Me forever."
    "In an instant, they came into existence. As you did. In an instant,
    they left this world. As you will. But beyond that last instant, I kept my promise... A little girl dances, a business woman sings, and a pilot keeps his wings forever."

God Bless All Of you
    I think this tells all about faith.

For those who would like to send letters and cards of condolences, flowers, poems, thoughts, and well wishes. This will console others and help to heal ourselves.

I, like many others I'm sure, would like to send condolence cards and well wishes to the heroic Firemen, Policemen, Volunteers and Victims of New York City, Pentagon, and Pennsylvania, tragedies. I just didn't know where to send the cards.
    Through my search on the Internet I found many places to donate money and blood, and found lists of the victims names, but found little information on where to send cards. I did not find a "master address list" of the fire and police stations in New York, a "master address list" of the men and women that are involved in the search and rescue, or of the people among the missing. So, I decided to start one for those of us who would like to send letters and cards of condolences, flowers, poems, thoughts, and well wishes. This will console others and help to heal ourselves.
    Please add any additional (address) information that you might have and then forward it to as many people as you can. This information will be useful to the many people who would like to send cards but just don't know where to address them.
    If you know of a victim or volunteer who is in need of a card, please post it to this message before you forward it or post it to a message board. I have tried to be as accurate as possible, please do the same. This is in no way a complete list but is a good start. Thank you and may God Bless America, Donna, California, Atimeout4u@aol.com (Sept 17, 2001)

CARDS AND WELL WISHES FOR...

MAYOR OF NEW YORK
    Mayor Giuliani, City Hall, NY, NY, 10003

The Mayors assistant is Beth Patraone. She lost her husband, Captain Terry Hatten of Rescue 1. He is one of those many firemen universally loved and respected in the job. Cards can be sent to: Beth Patraone, C/O Mayor Giulianis Office, City Hall, NY, NY, 10003

GOVERNOR OF NEW YORK
    Governor George E. Pataki, State Capitol, Albany, NY 12224

SENATOR OF NEW YORK
    Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton, 476 Russell Senate Office Building, Washington DC 20510

VICTIMS, RESCUE WORKERS, AND FAMILIES OF AMERICAN AIRLINES FLIGHT 77
    Pentagon, Arlington, VA

NEW YORK POLICE DEPARTMENT (many lost and missing)
    Precincts 1, 5,6,7,9,10,13, and 17, cover the South side of 59th St. and are the home of the Empire State Building, Wall Street, the United Nations, and the World Trade Center. Cards may be sent to the following addresses:
    1. New York Police Department, Precinct 1, 16 Ericsson Place, NY, NY, 10013
    2. New York Police Department, Precinct 5, 14 Elizabeth Street, NY, NY, 10013
    3. New York Police Department, Precinct 6, 233 W. 10th Street, NY, NY, 10014
    4. New York Police Department, Precinct 7, 19 1/2 Pitt Street, NY, NY, 10002
    5. New York Police Department, Precinct 9, 321 E. 5th, NY, NY, 10003
    6. New York Police Department, Precinct 10, 230 W. 20th Street, NY, NY, 10011
    7. New York Police Department, Precinct 13, 230 E. 21th Street, NY, NY, 10010
    8. New York Police Department, Precinct 17, 167 E. 51st Street, NY, NY, 10017

Joseph Caliguri is one of the NY Detective's who are tagging the body pieces from last weeks terrorist attach on NY, this a very stressful job and will go on for several weeks to come. Cards can be sent to:
    Joseph Caliguri, 37-05 Union St, Flushing, NY 11354

MANHATTAN, NY, FIRE ENGINE AND LADDER STATIONS:
    Some 300 New York firefighters are presumed to have died in the collapse of the World Trade Center towers. Americans watched as grown men accustomed to catastrophe cried openly, dug furiously and risked their lives. They are our true Heros.

1. FDNY Rescue 1, 530 W. 43rd St., Manhattan, NY
    2. FDNY Engine 1/Ladder 24, 142 W. 31 St., Manhattan, NY
    3. FDNY Engine 3/Ladder 12, 146 W. 19th St., Manhattan, NY
    4. FDNY Engine 4/Ladder 15, 42 South St., Manhattan, NY
    5. FDNY Engine 5, 340 E.14th St., Manhattan, NY
    6. FDNY Engine 6, 49 Beekman, Manhattan, NY
    7. FDNY Engine 7/Ladder 1, 100 Duane St, Manhattan, NY
    8. FDNY Engine 8, 165 E. 51st St., Manhattan, NY
    9. FDNY Engine 9/Ladder 6, 75 Canal St., Manhattan, NY
    10. FDNY Engine 10/Ladder 10, 124 Liberty St., Manhattan, NY
    11. FDNY Ladder 12/Ladder 12, 146 W. 19th St., Manhattan, NY
    12. FDNY Engine 14, 14 E. 18th St., Manhattan, NY
    13 FDNY Engine 15, 269 Henry St., Manhattan, NY
    14. FDNY Engine 16/Ladder 7, 234 E. 29th St., Manhattan, NY
    15. FDNY Engine 21, 238 E. 40th St., Manhattan, NY
    16. FDNY Engine 22/Ladder 13, 159 E. 85th St., Manhattan, NY
    17 FDNY Engine 24/Ladder 5, 227 Ave of Americas, Manhattan, NY
    18. FDNY Engine 26, 220 W. 37th St., Manhattan, NY
    19. FDNY Engine 28/Ladder 11, 222 E. 2nd St., Manhattan, NY
    20. FDNY Engine 33/Ladder 9, 42 Great Jones St., Manhattan, NY
    From Firehouse.com-"Someone calls to me. It is Jimmy Boyle, the retired president of the union, the man who gave us such great leadership in my time in the job. "I can't find Michael," he says. Michael Boyle, his son, was with Engine 33, and the whole company is missing. I can't say anything to Jimmy, but just throw my arms around him".
    21. FDNY Engine 34, 440 W 38th, Manhattan, NY
    22. FDNY Engine 35/Ladder 14, 2282 3rd Ave., Manhattan, NY
    23. FDNY Engine 36, 120 E. 125th St., Manhattan, NY
    24. FDNY Engine 37/Ladder 40, 415 W. 125 th St., Manhattan, NY
    25. FDNY Engine 39/Ladder 16, 157 E. 67th St., Manhattan, NY
    26. FDNY Engine 40/Ladder 35, 133 Amsterdam Ave., Manhattan, NY
    27. FDNY Engine 44, 221 E. 75th St., Manhattan, NY
    28. FDNY Engine 47, 502 W. 113th St., Manhattan, NY
    29. FDNY Engine 53/Ladder 43, 1836 3rd Ave., Manhattan, NY
    30. FDNY Engine 54/Ladder 4, 782 8th Ave., Manhattan, NY
    31. FDNY Engine 55, 363 Broome St., Manhattan, NY
    32. FDNY Engine 58/Ladder 26, 1367 5th Ave., Manhattan, NY
    33. FDNY Engine 59/ladder 30 111 W. 133rd St., Manhattan, NY
    34. FDNY Engine 67, 518 W. 170th St., Manhattan, NY
    35. FDNY Engine 69/Ladder 28, 248 W. 143rd St., Manhattan, NY
    36. FDNY Engine 74, 120 W. 83rd St., Manhattan, NY
    37. FDNY Engine 76/Ladder 22, 145 W. 100th St., Manhattan, NY
    38. FDNY Engine 80/Ladder 23, 503 W. 139th St., Manhattan, NY
    39. FDNY Engine 84/Ladder 34, 513 W. 161st St., Manhattan, NY
    40. FDNY Engine 91, 244 W. 111th St., Manhattan, NY
    41. FDNY Engine 93/Ladder 45, 515 W. 181st St., Manhattan, NY
    42. FDNY Engine 95/Ladder 36, 229 Vermilyea Ave., Manhattan, NY
    43. FDNY Ladder 8, 14 N. Moore St., Manhattan, NY
    44. FDNY Ladder 20, 251 Lafayette St., Manhattan, NY
    45. FDNY Ladder 25, 205 W. 77th St., Manhattan, NY
    46. FDNY Ladder 3, 108 W. 13th St., Manhattan, NY

FDNY CHAPLAIN MYCHAEL JUDGE
    (My heart broke when I saw the picture, in People Magazine, of 5 rescuers caring the limp body of Mychael, in and office chair, out of the smoke and debris-People Magazine Sept. 24, 2001. He loved those firemen so much. Father Mike paused to administer last rites to a firefighter mortally injured by a falling body when he was hit with debris and killed. Bill Feehan, the First Deputy Commissioner, was standing next to them when the the building came down.)
    1. Send cards for all NY Fire Fighters who will deeply miss Chaplain Mychael NY to:
    FDNY Engine 1/Ladder 24, 142 W. 31 St., Manhattan, NY
    (Im sure the men at this station will share them with the NY fire fighters. He lived across the street from this firehouse and often ate dinner with the men.)
    2. Addresses cards to Mychaels twin sister to: Frank and Dympna (yes, her first name is Dympna) Jessich, 9 Magnolia Place, Berlin, Maryland 21811-2059
    3.Mychaels other living sister is Erin McTernan. She is a widow and would like her cards addresses to her Perish: Erin McTernan, C/O St. John Newman Church, 11211 Beachamp Road, Berlin, Md. 21811

WTC FALLEN FIREFIGHTERS
    Cards for the Families of the fallen firefighters
    ("We know that entire companies are unaccounted for. The department's elite squads, Rescue 1, Rescue 2, Rescue 3, and Rescue 4 are not heard from", said Firehouse Magazine Editor, Dennis Smith)

1. Cards for the families of Firefighters Andrew Brunn (28), Louis Arena, Thomas Hannafin (When firefighters recovered Thomas' body from the deadly rubble Friday, it was Thomas older brother, who is also a firefighter, Kevin who carried his brother's helmet out. "It was the proudest moment of my life," he said later), John Santore, and Lieutenant Michael Warchola, may be sent to: FDNY Ladder 5, 227 Ave of Americas, Manhattan, NY
    2. Send cards for the family of Firefighter Martin McWilliams and Walter Haynes to FDNY Engine 22/Ladder 13, 159 E. 85th St., Manhattan, NY
    3. Send Cards for the families of Firefighter Michael Weinberg, Captain Daniel Brethel, and Lieutenant Andrew Desperito (30) to FDNY Engine 1, 142 W. 31 St., Manhattan, NY
    4. Here are a few among the 11 members of Rescue 1 to perish in the attack. Cards for the families of Firefighter William Henry (49), and Lieutenants Dennis Mojica and Joseph Angelini, can be sent to FDNY Rescue 1, 530 W. 43rd St., Manhattan, NY
    5. For the family of Firefighter Sean Hanley, send cards to FDNY Ladder 20, 251 Lafayette St., Manhattan, NY
    6. Cards for the family of Firefighter Robert Curatolo may be sent to FDNY Ladder 16, 157 E. 67th St., Manhattan, NY
    7. For the families of Captain Partick Brown, Steven Olson, Jeffrey Giordano and Joseph Green, sent to FDNY Ladder 3, 108 W. 13th St., Manhattan, NY

8. For the families of James Riches, Thomas Schoales, Paul Tegtmeier and Calixto Anaya Jr., send to FDNY Engine 4/Ladder 15, 42 South St., Manhattan, NY

NEW YORK FIRE DEPARTMENT
    Cards for the entire NY Fire Department (as well as money donations) can be sent to the following Associations
    1. FDNY, C/O National Fallen Firefighters Foundation,
    P.O. Drawer 498, Emmitsburg, MD, 21727
    2. To the Widows & Children of NY Firefighters, C/O Uniforned Firefighters Assoc.
    204 E 23rd Street, NY, NY, 10010 (or call 212-683-4832)
    3. Fire Chiefs Association, Fire Dept, City of New York
    P.O, Box 253 Riverdale Station, Bronx, NY, 10471-0253 (or call 914-225-0086)
    4. International Firefighters Association, P.O. Box 65858, Washington DC, 20035-
    5858 (or call 202-737-8484)

CARDS FOR MEDICAL STAFF AND VICTIMS
    1. William Randolph Hearst Burn Center, 525 E. 68th St., NY, NY, 10021
    (Physicians at the William Randolph Hearst Burn Center are caring for the worst burn victims from the World Trade Center)
    2. NewYork Presbyterian Hospital, 525 East 68th St., NY, NY, 10021
    3. New York University Medical Hospital, 550 First Ave, NY, NY, 10016

CARDS FOR VICTIMS-Flight 77, Pentagon
    1. Leslie Whittington (45), Ph.D., was an economist and associate professor with Georgetown University's Public Policy Institute. She, her husband and their daughters, Zoe (8) and Dana (3), boarded American Airlines Flight 77 on Tuesday at the start of her sabbatical. Cards for the family of Leslie may be sent to:
    Family of Leslie Whittington, Ph.D., C/O Georgetown University, 37th and O Street, NW Washington, DC 20057
    2. Barbara Olson (45) was a lawyer, author, television commentator and the wife of
    U.S. Solicitor General, Ted Olson. Barbara spoke to Ted on her cell phone while her plane was being hijacked. Cards may be sent to Ted at:
    Ted Olson, C/O U.S. Solicitor Generals Office, 950 Pennsylvania Ave., NW,
    Washington, D.C., 20530-0001
    3. Bernard Brown (11) was a student at Leckie Elementary School. Cards can be sent to: Bernard Brown Family, Leckie Elementary School, 4201 Martin Luther King Jr. Ave S.W., Washington, D.C. 20032
    4. Sara Clark (65) was a 6th grade teacher. Cards may be sent to: Bertie Backus Middle School, 5171 South Dakota Ave. N.E., Wahington, D.C., 20017
    5. Asia Cottom (11) was also a student at Bertie Backus Middle School. (see above address)
    6. Karen Kincaid (40) was an Attorney in Washington. Cards may be sent to Friends and Family of Karen Kincaid, C/O Wiley Rein and Fielding Law Offices, 1776 K. St., Washington, D.C., 20006
    7. Mari Rae Sopper was the womens gymnastics coach at UC Santa Barbara. Cards for family and students may be sent to: Mari Sopper, Womens gymnastics coach, University of Santa Barbara, Santa Barbara, CA, 91306

CARDS FOR VICTIMS-Flight 11, Boston to Los Angeles
    1. Edmund Glazer (41) was the CFO of MRV Communications, Inc. He is survived by his wife, Candy and son, Nathan. Cards for his family may be sent to:
    Family of CFO,Edmund Glazer, C/O MRV Communications, INC. Corporate Center, 20415 Nordhoff St., Chatsworth, CA, 91311
    2. Danny Lewin (31), co-founder, Chief Technology Officer, and board member of Akamai Technologies. He is survived by his wife and two sons. Condolences for his family may be sent to Family of Danny Lewin, Akamai Technologies, 500 Technology Square, Cambridge, MA 02139

CARDS FOR VICTIMS-Flight 175, Boston to Los Angeles
    1. Garnet "Ace" Bailey was director of pro scouting for the Los Angeles Kings. He is
    survived by wife Catherine and son Todd. Electronic emails can be sent to: feedback@lakings.com (the Kings will print & give all emails to his family)
    2. Mark Bavis was an amateur scout for the Los Angeles Kings. Electronic emails can be sent to: feedback@lakings.com (the Kings will print & give all emails to his family)
    3. James E. Hayden (47) was the CFO of Netegrity Inc and is survived by wife Gail and 2 children. Cards may be sent to Family of James Hayden, C/O Netegrity Inc., 52 Second Ave, Waltham, MA, 02451

VICTIMS
    1. Barbara Edwards, 58, schoolteacher at Palo Verde High School in Las Vegas was on one of the planes. Cards for the students and family of Barbara may be sent to: Palo Verde High School, 333 S. Pavilion Center, Las Vegas, NV, 89134

CARDS FOR EMPLOYERS AND EMPLOYEES
    1. Marsh Mclenna and Company have about 300 employees missing. If you would like to send a card of support to the Employees (some were in the world trade center and made it out safely) you can address it to MMC, 1116 Ave of Americas, Manhattan, NY

Thread Information