Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Administrator

Default West Virginia Line of Duty Death - November 20, 2001

<a href="http://www.firehouse.com/lodd/2001/wv_Pnov20.html">http://www.firehouse.com/lodd/2001/wv_Pnov20.html</a>

An accident that resulted in the death of a Cameron volunteer firefighter Monday remains under investigation by the Marshall County Sheriff's Department.

Clifford White, 21, was killed when the tanker truck he was riding in overturned and slid down a steep embankment. The driver of the truck,
    32-year-old John Alley, was seriously injured in the crash and transported
    to Ruby Memorial Hospital in Morgantown by medical helicopter. Alley is currently listed in fair condition, according to a hospital spokeswoman.

According to Cameron Fire Chief Larry Hartley, the two firefighters were responding to a call for mutual assistance with a brush fire that had been reported in northern Wetzel County when the accident occurred. Hartley added that, while White had only been serving with the department for a short time, Alley is a veteran member of the Cameron VFD.

[ 11-20-2001: Message edited by: WebTeam ]

On behalf of the Boomer Volunteer Fire Department in Boomer, WV (Fayette Co.) I would like to extend my condolences to this Fire Department. In the past two months many things have changed for the fire service. Not only in the big cities, but also in the small communities as well. There are alot of unforseen events that happen every day. Little did these men know that when they answered this call, that it would be there last. Thats why firefighters are given the title "hero", its for there unselfish giving that they put forth every day. I extend my deepest condolences to the fellow firefighters of this department and also to the family. I know that God will bless each of you through this tragic time. We are all here for each other, thats the main thing. May God Bless.

To the members of the Cameron VFD my deepest sympathy to the family of Mr.White and all of you at Cameron VFD may god be with you and help you with your troubled time.

From the members Ravenswood Fire/Rescue Sta 20.Our prayers are with you at this time. Our thots are with your Dept. and the family of Mr.White.For every firefighter lost in any Dept. WE feel like we lost one of our own.God bless America and all past,present,and future firfighters to come.

On behalf of the Brothers of The West Side VFD of
    St Albans W Va , Kanawha Co Sta 22,
    We are also at a loss here with you all,
    although we did not know Cliff we still lost a Brother. Our prayers are with each of you & the Family of Mr. White. May GOD bless & comfort each & everyone of you in these trying days.

I would like to extend my deepest sympathies to Firefighter Whites' Family and to the Cameron VFD on behalf of myself, the Ferrum VFD, and Ferrum VRS.

Take Care - Stay Safe - God Bless
    Stephen
    FF/Paramedic
    Take Care - Stay Safe - God Bless
    Stephen
    FF/Paramedic
    Instructor

On behalf of the Colerain Volunteer Fire Company, I wish to extend our condolances to the family of Clifford White. Our thoughts and prayers are also with the Cameron VFD during this terrible time. May God Bless each and everyone of you.

[ 11-21-2001: Message edited by: Ty22 ]

This is a sad time in our hearts as we here of such a young brother who has lost his life.We are praying for his family and each of you at the station.May god lay his hands of protection on John Alley and help him to recover. My prayer for you is that god will see you through this hard time.
    CHAPLAIN,
    FLINT HILL FIRE DEPT.
    CHAPLAIN MICHAEL F. DAVIS

On behalf of the New Martinsville Fire Department and the their families, We wish to extend our condolances to the family of Clifford White. Our thoughts and prayers are also with the Cameron VFD during this terrible time.

We are really sorry to here of the loss of a fellow firefighter. Our thaughts and prayers are with the White family.

It pulls at our hearts here at Big Knob VFD each and everytime a Fire Fighter falls, since that January 2000 when we lost one of our own. The Officers and members of the department extend our deepest sympathy to the family, loved ones and follow members of Cameron Fire Department. A day will not pass that you will not think of this young man and miss him. Follow your hearts and strive to make his death an inspiration to carry on in his memory for he would have wanted you to do this. He has answered his final call on earth but as all fire fighters are sure of he is in a special place with the lord our savior, and will answer each call from there and walk with you into the face of danger each time you roll out on a call. God bless you and may he keep us all safe.

From the HERT rescue team, we would like to extend our deepest sympathies to all of the men and women that have now lost a loved one! We understand the loss that you have endured, and wish you the best of luck in getting over these hard times. From our crew to yours!

Chief Hansen
    HERT Rescue Team

Hello, My condolences to the family of Clifford White as well as the members of the Cameron VFD. I am the Fire Marshal for Hawkins VFD in Hawkins Texas. I was about 5 miles from the accident scene last Monday, there on a deer hunting trip with my wife's family that live in the area. While returning home Monday we pulled over to let an Ambulance drive by. I wasn't sure what was going on. When I got the the store across from the station in Cameron I found out what had happened. My heart sunk. Nobody knew for sure yet just what happened or how serious any injuries were. That evening on the news I found out. Once again from the Hawkins Fire Department, Hawkins, Texas, our condolences.
    John Jones
    Fire Marshal
    Hawkins VFD
    Hawkins, Texas

From all the boys and girl from Tazewell County F.D. Sta#1 we send our prayers out to Smoot VFD our brothers who lost their station and thei memories and to the two brothers from Cameron VFD we pray for you guys!! Boys I think the two Virginias are pulling hardest for you!!

To the brothers from Smoot VFD if you guys need hose email me i might be able to help I've got lots of it!!! email me!!
    TC.379

The Harrisville Volunteer Fire Department extends our sympathy to the Cameron VFD and to the family of Mr. White.

The Fellowship of Christian Public Safety Professionals extends its condolences to the family, friends, and coworkers of Firefighter White. You are all in our prayers. God Bless!

Grace and Peace,<br />Matt Miller<br /><a href="http://www.fcpsp.com" target="_blank">www.fcpsp.com</a>

On behalf of the Sissonville VFD (Kanawha Co. Sta. 26), our deepest sympathy goes out to the Cameron VFD. Please extend our condolences to the White family. Our thoughts and prayers are with you in this time of tragedy.

Jon Litton, FF<br />Sissonville Millertown Pocatalico & Guthrie (SMPG) Vol. Fire Dept.

Thread Information