Unhappy The P.C. Firefighter Raised Flag Statue...

I have been writing on many boards about this statue. I have written, as it was suggested by another fireighter, to write to-<br />Bruce Ratner<br />Forrest City Enterprises, Inc.<br />Terminal Tower<br />50 Public Square, Suite 1100<br />Cleveland, Ohio 44113

-as he is the person that is donating the $180,000.000 for the statue. First, everyone should write a polite note explaining to him, that he is about to be embroiled in what is a hot topic & it would be advisable, to stand down on this (as a public service). You should also write to all of your papers & call all your news stations & give them your outrage. I know that I was contacting FOX Cable News & they finally aired in on their Hannity & Colmes show (9pm Eastern), last Friday. This is the only way to stop it, befor eit is bronzed & becomes the official memorial.
    If we all show our best, as much as possible it may help in starting others to do the same.

My Name is Daniel Bixby, I am a Captain on a small Fire Dept. in New Hampshire. Though we are up in the sticks, News travels fast. It is my belief that if there had been 1 white fireman as well as 1 black and 1 Hispanic raising that Flag in NY then they should be Bronzed! Come on People every time we turn around somebody is raising the issue of racism! What if it had been 3 dogs ****ing on a fire hydrant would somebody say that there should be a French poodle,a German Shepard and Scottish Terrier bronzed in this statue to make it politically correct? It is time to leave well enough alone and let those three fireman from FDNY get the credit they deserve for being Brave and Patriotic enough to raise Old Glory back up and defiantly "Where She Belongs!"

Forum Member

Angry

this is aexample of pc gone too far!! i was in the marine corps and to me this is the same as if some pc nut were to suggest that the IWO JIMA memorial be changed to accomadate everyone!! they claim it is to accurately portray the cultural diversity of the FDNY. that has nothing to do with the three men who raised that flag. these men raised the flag for all of their brothers , not just for the white ,black,brown or yellow ones.

Thread Information