cocfm
    Firehouse.com Guest

Question Permit Fee Schedule

I am the new Chief Fire Marshal for the City of Charleston. I recently took over the Fire Marshals office and I am trying to gather information on Fire Permitting Fee's for installation of Fire Protection Devices and plan review fee's. My main focus is on the amount that you charge for installation of sprinkler systems, etc. As of now, we charge a flat rate of $40.00 for any fire permit. I would appreciate any help that you could offer me

Marshal BHG 300
    Firehouse.com Guest

Lightbulb

I would be happy to share our permit fee schedule with you. A basic summary of it is that we charge $40 for all fire code required permits ie. "place of assembly" permit. General construction is $1.75 per 1000 for valuation up to 1,000,000. $2.00 per 1000 for valuation over 1,000,000. Both of those are plus $80.00 base fee. Up to $80 of any fees paid toward site plan previously on the property is credited toward this amount. Our special systems permits are Fire Alarms $125 base fee plus $2.00 per device (all devices). Sprinkler Systems are $125 per riser plus $2.00 per device. Single family residence fire alarm or sprinkler is flat $75. I would be happy to fax you a copy of our fee schedule if you'll post your fax. By only charging $40 per permit your department is losing money/revenue. You can set up your permit fees so that your prevention department can make money. If you are lacking inspectors this is a great way to justify hiring. We also have fees per hour for any special inspections, review or reinspections $40 per hour. Hope I could be of help. I would be happy to help you further if I can.

[This message has been edited by Marshal BHG 300 (edited July 28, 1999).]

The Snake Man
    Firehouse.com Guest

Talking

Hey I know you fire marshal BHG. This is the Snake Man.
    THis fire marshal definetly knows her stuff. She gets calls from me and others outside the district about these things all the time. Good to here from ya BHG. Tell little BHG I said hi.

------------------
    The Snake Man!
    Keep it above the water line!

Thread Information