Forum Member

Default Pre-Fire Planning

Does anyone know of any department's that have samples of their pre-fire planning forms posted on their websites.

My department is really interested in starting up a simular program.

Any other suggestions would be great as well.

Thanks
    "No one ever called the Fire Department for doing something smart..."

Forum Member

I would peronnel be very hesitate to post any preplan information on the web site unless it was secure. The data I gather, collect and distribute to FD units is not necessarily public record. I would at the same consideration that the EPA-US worked out two years ago on the issue of RMP {Risk managemnt plans) RMP were to be posted on the internet for all to see. A RMP was the listing of cedible threats and alsomost the how to damage a facilty. Preplanning list location of fire protection devices, utilities, location amount of storage and hazardous materials. All data that could be used for other purposes. It might sound a little over cautious, but I do not see the benefit of posting the data on the internet for all to see at any time. A small amount of control is neede. The data you collect is taken by the FD with the owners permission. You would and shoudl check if they mind having it placed on the internet.

Just some thoughts.

Forum Member

I totally agree with you, Tcashel. In this day and age someone will sue the department for stepping on their flower garden while fighting a structure fire. Pre-Fire Planning, or Risk Managemnt Plans, are, and should always be, kept confidential.

With that said, what I was actually looking for was a blank form. Basically just what kinds of information is collected in general, not the actual collected product. My department is starting from scratch, which means forms have to be designed from scratch, which is the stage we are at now.

Anyway, thanks for the tips.
    "No one ever called the Fire Department for doing something smart..."

MembersZone Subscriber

For some pre-fire ideas check out the website www.cadzone.com You'll find that they have a program called "firezone" which is extremly helpful in drawing pre-fires. They have a demo you can download, and have info to send out. I've been using the program for about 5 years now, and I like it. It is basically a CAD drawing program but designed for firefighters. .....
    Greg Loveall, FF/PM
    Columbia River Fire & Rescue
    IAFF-L3215

Thread Information