FSRIZZIO
    Firehouse.com Guest

Default Basic / Swift water rescue

Greetings, I'm with a small volunteer dept. in Northwest Arkansas that has some low water bridges in our response area that flood during heavy rains. I want my dept. to gear up and train for rescue situations on these bridges. Am looking for a reputable outfit that can provide this sort of training. Any suggestions?
    Thanks, Frank

e33
    Firehouse.com Guest

Rescue 3 Intrernational out of California. (800) 457-3728. You can also get their info if you have a catalog from The Rescue Source. ( (800) 45-RESCUE ). Good Luck

Caveman
    Firehouse.com Guest

You need to contact Bill Matney at Bill Matney Consultants. He works for Rescue 3 Int'l, and I got my Swiftwater Instructor's certification from his classes. He lives in Greenwood, Ky. I couldn't find his number, but I'll try to get it for you. If I forget, e-mail me at caveman@som-uky.campuscwix.net and remind me.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Caveman (edited March 01, 1999).]

Fyrediver
    Firehouse.com Guest

Another very good company that may be able to serve your needs is Dive Rescue International. They are out of Fort Collins Colorado. They have a great swift water class and are great to work with. We have taken dive, swiftwater, and ice rescue courses from them. All were excellent. There phone number is 1-800-248-3483. They also have a website. The address is www.DiveRescueIntl.com

Perry2085
    Firehouse.com Guest

In response to your question. You may want to call Todd Doncyson of Ohio Department of Natural Resources (Watrecraft Division) at (614)265-6655 For information on thier classes or information of others around you. ODNR has taught students from California to NY and aslo into Canada. I work with them as a Instructor. This is a very good class and they also teach a instructor class as well. I hope this information is helpful.

Dan Ulrich
    Perry Fire Dept.
    ulrich@perryfire.org

Phred
    Firehouse.com Guest

The Ohio Dept of Natural Resources, Division of Watercraft, has a web site with quite a bit of information. The site address is:
    www.dnr.state.oh.us/odnr/watercraft
    There is a page that has e-mail links to the Columbus HQ and the District Offices. The site does not mention the Rescue subject classes, but they are still available.

[This message has been edited by Phred (edited March 12, 1999).]

David Polikoff
    Firehouse.com Guest

One of the best instructors in the water rescue fields is Walter(Butch)Hendrick. His Company name is Lifeguard Systems Inc. His company is based out of New York he will come to you or you can search for one of his classes and go to him. He is very good. the number is 914-331-3383 This is his web site address: http://www.teamlgs.com/

[This message has been edited by David Polikoff (edited March 14, 1999).]

FSRIZZIO
    Firehouse.com Guest

Thanks for the input. Your suggestions have given me access to some top notch outfits. I'm looking forward to working with them in the near future.
    Good Luck and be Safe, Frank

Forum Member

Bill Matney can be reached at 703 812 6034............For mass casualty marine rescue course go to searchandrescuefoundation.org training page.

Bearsdad

Quote Originally Posted by Caveman
    You need to contact Bill Matney at Bill Matney Consultants. He works for Rescue 3 Int'l, and I got my Swiftwater Instructor's certification from his classes. He lives in Greenwood, Ky. I couldn't find his number, but I'll try to get it for you. If I forget, e-mail me at caveman@som-uky.campuscwix.net and remind me.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Caveman (edited March 01, 1999).]

Thread Information