Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Stefan41
    Firehouse.com Guest

Question Grants for Dive Equipment

I was looking for any imformation on any type of grants available for dive gear for fire dept. technical recue team. if anyone knows on any please let me know
    Thanks
    Mass. Firefighter

GILLEE
    Firehouse.com Guest

We've gotten some local grants, but nothing on a national level. If you are interested, we found a company that has saved us a lot on purchases. E-mail me with your address and I'll get you the contact name if you'd like it...

Daron
    Firehouse.com Guest

What I have that is available on a national level is not excatly a grant but it will get you equipment. It is where the federal goverment gives away equipment that they no longer need for one reason or another. Some of it has never even been used while other stuff has. They give you all of information and you have to sort through it and decide what is good for you. The list is available online but some of the paper work has to handled through US mail. If you want the information just email me and I will send it to you.

Daron

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Daron
    What I have that is available on a national level is not excatly a grant but it will get you equipment. It is where the federal goverment gives away equipment that they no longer need for one reason or another. Some of it has never even been used while other stuff has. They give you all of information and you have to sort through it and decide what is good for you. The list is available online but some of the paper work has to handled through US mail. If you want the information just email me and I will send it to you.

Daron

Please email me the info that you have on this if possible to: sberg@antigo-city.org

We are in the process of forming a dive rescue team. I would like to have the information also if it is still available.

you can email me at ldgary at cox-internet dot com.

MembersZone Subscriber

I would also like that information too we protect southern part of lake michigan plus a bunch on inter lake and rivers jhickslocal3151@yahoo.com
    Thanks for the info brother
    Last edited by CFDENGINE512; 08-24-2006 at 07:50 PM.

We got a Federal grant last year. It helped us get drysuits. I wasn't involved in the request writing however. I will see what I can find...

Heck maybe you can try and tap into the Wal-Mart cash cow... They make donations to FD's all over the country.
    Giggity - Giggity!

Default Grant information for Water Rescue Teams

Dive Rescue International has updated their webpage with helpful links to sites that can provide funding. Check out:

www.DiveRescueIntl.com

Click on the "Events and Grants" tab. There are twelve hyperlinks to sites that can assist water rescue teams with their funding challenges.

Blades Robinson

i am also interested in the INFO also, Starting a rescue team here on the St. Lawerance and upper Lake Ontiaro. My email is harveyfamily277@yahoo.com if you could please send the info again. thanks

MembersZone Subscriber

If anyone has the time to email me those grants or funding sites I would greatly appreciate it, even that federal equipment stuff, jock052@yahoo.com

Forum Member

If anyone has that information on federal stuff could you e-mail it to me at dennis_durnell@hotmail.com. Thanks

Thread Information