Thread: Anyone here?

rsqswmr
    Firehouse.com Guest

Exclamation Anyone here?

I am fairly new to the forums, but am involved in water rescue with the Navy. I am looking to transition to fire rescue and I'm out looking for information. Anyone out there that works for a career department what are some of the qualifications you are looking for in an applicant? Do you want someone that is just water rescue qualified or should a person go out and get there Firefighter certificate, Emt-B, Emt-P, etc.? Any help or information will be greatly appreciated.

------------------
    So others may live.

ADSN/WFLD
    Firehouse.com Guest

Cool

All of our divers are firefighters, but don't get discouraged. Their are some independent water rescue organizations out there. Get on somewhere as a volunteer/paid on call and try the fireservice out.

You are probably better qualified than many public safety divers. You'll just have to learn the specifics of public safety diving.

Good Luck

Fireboy422
    Firehouse.com Guest

I know in my aria the loal FD and PD members make up the Dive Team. If I were you I'd go for the medical stuff, if not for a job, at least for you, not bad stuff to know. And why not try out the fire service? Who knows, you may love it! Think about it!

-FF D. Betka

Thread Information