Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Firehouse.com Guest

Angry Swiftwater rescue

Does anyone have SOP's/SOG's for moving water/swiftwater rescues, that they would be willing to share? If so please email me at
    1696@9-11.com

I have dive SOP's, so I am only looking for surface rescue information. Thanks

BFD227
    Firehouse.com Guest

Question

Sorry, I am unable to help you with any SOP'S/SOG'S, but I am looking for the same thing. Several of our members were recently trained in Swiftwater Rescue and we are attempting to organize a team to assist in our area. If you have gotten any info since you posted this please let me know, and I will do the same if I get any new info. Stay safe!!

Please e-mail if you can help-bfd227@hotmail.com

Perry2085
    Firehouse.com Guest

Talking

I may be able to help you out. I will be out of town for a week but when I get back I will scann then and send them out. I have a couple from area depts. around my area. I am in NE Ohio and there a few cities that I have copies of.

Perry2085

dly
    Firehouse.com Guest

The South Bend (Ind.) Fire Dept along with the Ohio and Indiana DNR. Put on a great swift water class along the East Race in South Bend, Ind. Contact B/C Jim Lopez. I used to be a Instructor there before I left to work in a Steel Mill. The East Race is a man made swift water race way. It is used in as a public water park, a Class 3 water way for kayak racing. The teach land base rescue and boat rescue. Also there is a low head dam that is there. Tell Jimmy that Darrell sent you.
    dly

------------------
    Old School...Learning New Tricks
    http://members.home.net/dly135/welcome.htm

dly
    Firehouse.com Guest

sorry forgot the e-mail addy. http://www.ci.south-bend.in.us/fire/...scue/river.htm

------------------
    Old School...Learning New Tricks
    http://members.home.net/dly135/welcome.htm

MembersZone Subscriber davidhwebb's Avatar

I also have taken the ODNR class & although to me it seems to deal more with low head dams, I found it interesting. (Apparently so did the Commonwealth of PA, I hear they "adopted" it.

Anyone have opinions (OK, silly question) on ODNR v. Rescue 3?
    "That's just my opinion, I could be wrong"... Dennis Miller

Originally posted by dhw01

Anyone have opinions (OK, silly question) on ODNR v. Rescue 3?
    I don't know anything about the ODNR, but Rescue3 has outstanding courses. They offer an Awareness, Operations, and Tech. classes that follow the NFPA requirements. They also have PWC (personal water craft) classes.
    All comments are the opinion of the author, and not of any service they are a member of.

Thread Information