Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    FrankRaffa
    Firehouse.com Guest

Default Welcome to the Emergency Services Dispatcher Forum

<font color="#DD0000">Welcome to the Emergency Services Dispatcher Forum on Firehouse.Com!</font>

This is the place to exchange ideas and information regarding dispatching --
    telecommunications as a profession. Issues including CADS, ergonomics,
    operational procedures, stress, employment opportunities and those silly calls
    you've taken (we must have "some" humor in here) are welcome.

Welcome and I look forward to chatting with all of you here.

Frank Raffa
    Supervising Dispatcher
    FDNY

Emergency Services Disatcher Forum

About Me: I joined FDNY in May of 1992. I started as a dispatcher in Manhattan and
    transferred to Brooklyn (my home town) in 1994. In June of 1998 I was promoted
    to Supervising Dispatcher and sent back to Manhattan to be a "proby" again.

FireMarshal
    Firehouse.com Guest

It is great to see Mr. Raffa moderating this group. I have long enjoyed his webpage and look forward to viewing this board

ChiefHank
    Firehouse.com Guest

Just stopped by to say hello, Frank. The Brooklyn C.O. was one of my stomping grounds back in the "war years." Buffing was fun with guys like Harry Doyle, Warren Fuchs, Lee McKeever, and a whole bunch that I can't remember any more. I just retired as Chief of Communications for the Newark FD after 25 years - you know, that "place" on the other side of the three rivers?

Here's wishing you the very best with your forum. I'll try to drop in from time to time and share some "war" stories.

And to all my brother and sister communicators out there, here's wishing you and yours a very happy, healthy, safe, and prosperous New Year!! And just remember, when in doubt, send it out!!

Stay safe,
    Chief Hank

Vinny Del Giudice
    Firehouse.com Guest

Greetings from an FDNY radio and telegraph buff in Arlington, VA!

Forum Member

Default Hey

Does anyone know where i would be able to get a Dispatcher job in Pa or Marryland with my Fire Science degree. And what dose it pay?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FireMarshal
    It is great to see Mr. Raffa moderating this group. I have long enjoyed his webpage and look forward to viewing this board
    ?Moderating? with a guest sign in name - thats a first.

edit:
    wow i just saw the date - 1998??
    Warm Regards,
    Shawn Stoner
    EMT-B

Quote Originally Posted by CP33MC1
    Does anyone know where i would be able to get a Dispatcher job in Pa or Marryland with my Fire Science degree. And what dose it pay?
    This question is too broad. Your fire scienece degree won't guaranatee you a Dispatch position although it will help a little I'm sure. Pick a community you want to work in those states and apply for a position. Pay is completely dependent on the agency you choose.

Thread Information