Thread: APCO

ricky
    Firehouse.com Guest

Default APCO

Is anyone using the APCO dispatch protocol? We have seen their demo program but are looking for anyone that is or has used APCO in the past. Please E-mail any replies

e33
    Firehouse.com Guest

We used to use the APCO cards for medical calls. We have switched over to a new state system which seems alot more confusing. I liked the APCO cards better. As far as fire dispatching, we dont have any guidelines/cards.

stone35
    Firehouse.com Guest

Our department uses the APCO system and it is really nice. The training course makes you a lot more aware of your duties and helps fine tune your dispatch skills. The cards are laid out alphabetically and they are easy to understand. I use them for mere reference, just to make sure that I CYA myself.

Good Luck

------------------
    Stone35

BarryFurey
    Firehouse.com Guest

Our agency uses the APCO EMD cards extensively. All of our Fire / EMS dispatchers are certified, as are all of our call processors. We have certified instructors in-house, and have made minor modifications/updates to deal with local protocols. The program is certified by our agency's medical director, and has been in place for several years. We have several documented saves as a result of pre-arrival instructions, and are comitted to the program.

Thread Information