Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    e33
    Firehouse.com Guest

Post Fire Dispatch Proceedure/Info.

Looking for how your departments/com centers obtain info and dispatch fire depts to fire incidents, what questions are asked, what info is transmitted to units etc..if u can provice an example of a radio dispatch as well id appreciate it.

essentially we have no question criteria and specific info that is transmitted..i want to try to present a proposal for making "user friendly" fire dispatch where the units on the road can gain alot more info in a simple to the point dispatch style.

------------------
    The opinions and views expressed herin are solely mine and not on the behalf of any department or organization I belong to.

firedan69
    Firehouse.com Guest

you might think about contacting powerphone, they have an excellant training course for both fire and ems dispatching, they also have a book available that provides the questions to ask for all kinds of incidents, hope his will help you.

dfdmedic3
    Firehouse.com Guest

Another option is APCO International.. An excellent resource, again for both fire and medical dispatch. If you are interested I would be glad to email you some more info on contacting them as I am an instructor with them.

Brad Barton
    Firehouse.com Guest

The departments we service use a "Rip and Run" system. There are printers at each engine house. We can include info that is important by typing it while taking a call thru our CAD system.
    We also use a radio / plektron system to alert each engine company. So, they get plektron and printout.
    The standard EMD questions are structured in our CAD system and are included in the printouts received at the engine houses. So, the paramedics can read the questions and answers the caller gave while responding to the call.

------------------
    KAK6...18
    IAFF Local 1889

[This message has been edited by Brad Barton (edited March 15, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by Brad Barton (edited March 15, 2000).]

dfdmedic3
    Firehouse.com Guest

Question

Brad,
    What kind of delay do you have with the rip and run printers?? How do you like that system and can pre-incident (pre-fire) plans with building drawings be incorporated with that through your cad sys?

Be Safe!!
    Chris

Brad Barton
    Firehouse.com Guest

Smile

Hey Chris.
    There is no delay. When we dispatch the unit through our CAD system (while tones are dropping - radio dispatch) the data is sent to the engine house printer via dedicated phone circuit. By the time the guys are getting to the truck, the printout is waiting for them. Most companies put the printer in an area between the day room and the engine room.
    We can't incorporate graphics, but we can give them a map number or pre-plan number.
    Also, when the truck returns to quarters, and we "close-out" the call, all the times for each unit on the call are sent to each engine house that a unit responded from. So, they don't have to call us for their times. Yah, we like it.

------------------
    KAK6...18
    IAFF Local 1889

dfdmedic3
    Firehouse.com Guest

Thanks for the info Brad!!

Be Safe !
    Chris

Thread Information