WRW
    Firehouse.com Guest

Post Dispatchers that do PAR

Hi,I am a Fire Dispatcher In Pa and I am attempting to get started in our comm center dispatchers to do par checks on working fires,I was wondering If anyone who currently has a policy in there comm center If they could email me with how there comm center operates par
    Thanks In advance
    Woody Woodward
    wagon672@hotmail.com

FD111
    Firehouse.com Guest

You can try contacting the Comm Center in Harris County, Tx. There dispatchers are required to contact the incident commader and advise him/her that a PAR is do every 15 minutes.
    Here is a email contact - jvanhoosier@ccems.com

BFD182
    Firehouse.com Guest

Here in Stamford Connecticut we are required to do PAR checks every 20 minutes on all working fires. We have a battery operated timer on the console which is preset at 20 minutes. This timer is activated when an Incident Commander reports a working fire. When it goes off the Dispatcher notifies the IC who then begins his check and reports back to dispatch. The IC must also report when the environment is no longer of sufficiant hazzard to require PAR checks. While this is normally used only at working fires an IC can request the timer be used on any incident.

JDS911
    Firehouse.com Guest

Our center does an elapsed time notification to the incident commander on any working incident. On every other notification, we ask the IC to take PAR and to declare a strategy. Our CAD system automatically reminds the dispatcher to perform these checks and gives them a way to log that they were completed.

FIREMAN203
    Firehouse.com Guest

IT MIGHT HELP YOU TO SET UP SOMETHING FROM A SAFETY OFFICER AT THE FIRE GROUND IF THEY COULD GIVE YOU A PAR THEN YOU CAN RELAY OR LOG THE TIME THAT OFFICER GIVES THAT 2 YOU
    BECAUSE SOMTIMES IF YOU TRY IT IS HARD TO FIND SOME OF THE FIREFIGHTERS ON THE SCENE
    FROM GIVING IT TO YOU

Thread Information