Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Default Problems with Motorola HT1250's

Have you had trouble with HT1250's in the fire service environment??

We have put about a dozen Motorola HT1250 portables on line in the last two years. Some issued to line officers, others assigned to first due apparatus. I just sent the fifth one off to repair, and like the 4 before it, I don't expect to see it return. So far we've lost 1/3 to "water damage" or "drop damage" which wasn't covered by either our service contract or warranty. We have HT1000's that have been in service over 10 years with very few failures. According to Motorola, they meet the same reliability specs, but I'm not impressed.

I'm lodging a complaint with Motorola and would like to know if anyone else out there is experiencing similar problems. If you have any experience, good or bad, with HT1250's, please post a reply or drop me an email to: cwhite@ci.williamsburg.va.us
    Chuck White

I've had a HT1250 with DTMF pad on it for about a year and a half now and haven't had a single problem with it. I carry it with me instead of 2 separate minitor pagers. The thing has survived numerous structure fires, a weeklong outdoor search and recovery in 0 degree weather.
    HELL YEAH!!!
    The comments made by me are just that. Not of the Fire dept or Ambulance squad I am on.

Thread Information