Thread: Dispatch chairs

Default Dispatch chairs

We are about to replace the chairs in our dispatch center. Trying to get an idea of what everybody uses and how they rate.
    If it gets too hot for you just go out and wait by the truck.

Opinions are like *******s, everyone has one and now I have shared mine.

Whatever you can find to sit on......There's always a police officer or firefighter or commander in dispatch who steals you chair when you leave...always gotta kick them out.....

We have a single Recaro in dispatch, supposedly a $1000.00 chair. The arms have some holes worn in them, but the seat and back are in great shape. It has a full back, adjustable head pad, height control, and a stationary/rocker lever. It is a very comfy chair all around, but the price tag...
    Take care, stay safe, & stay low!

Lt.

Forum Member

We have a chair from the local office supply co. It is made for larger people with thicker padding and tougher construction. the theory is it will last longer. But the one thing they didn't take into account is the number of larger people working in dispatch.

hey spin, got an opening full time (mine)
    you know what they say, the grass is greener!

-Nick

We have what we call "Prison Chairs", they are chairs that the N.C. Dept. of Correction has for sale. They are general office chairs that have adjustable backs for lumbar support. They are not the most comfortable chairs that I have ever sit in but they are very sturdy. If you have the money, buy the better chair. If you want a cheap chair you could probably contact your states Dept. of Correction for a similiar type chair.

Jimmy S. Orange Co., NC

MembersZone Subscriber

We bought two new chairs last year. Both are from Herman Miller. One is the Aeron Chair, very cool looking. Has a mesh instead of cushions. Very comfortable and airy.

and an Ambi chair. this has cushions, but not as comfortable and has been broken and hasn't felt right since.

Both are nice because they adjust in everyway imaginable. The Aeron is everyone's favorite. Nice and wide seat area, for those of us with bigger bumms.

They cost about $500 each. Either case, though, 10 hours in one, can be hard on the rear still. I'd love to see what one of those tall backed 911 chairs feels like.

check them out at:
    Herman Miller Chairs

[ 10-24-2001: Message edited by: AlaskanKare ]
    Living & Working Hard in Alaska
    http://sewardfire.com

MembersZone Subscriber

Office Max has some of the best selection of office and desk chairs. Not to expensive, unless you want to go with HON or some other over priced an less than great quality company.

Don't get some all web and chrome designer thing. My office manager did that and we hate them. Look great, but after a couple hours of desk work you have to get up and walk around. After a second office move, I managed to recover my old leather chair from an aux staff room. Looks like hell but is comfortable and supports my lower back better.

Dave

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Dispatch Chairs

Quote Originally Posted by Bone Daddi View Post
    We are about to replace the chairs in our dispatch center. Trying to get an idea of what everybody uses and how they rate.
    Did a bunch of shopping and settled on the Concept Seating Highback 3142. Expensive as hell, but worth every penny.

What sold me was the fact that warranty the frame for 6 years and that they sell refurb kits for when the cover get worn or soiled.

http://www.conceptseating.com/productline/highback.html

MembersZone Subscriber

[QUOTE=spareparts;911506]Did a bunch of shopping and settled on the Concept Seating Highback 3142. Expensive as hell, but worth every penny.
    What sold me was the fact that warranty the frame for 6 years and that they sell refurb kits for when the cover get worn or soiled.]

Oh how I miss those chairs ! We had those at our Comm center until they decided to buy new chairs. Now we have much cheaper, much less comfortable chairs. Don't know the brand name but there blk with mess backs and seats to promote air flow. Im not to fond of them.

"You might know where you are, and God might know where you are. But if I don't know where you are, I hope you and God are on good terms"

Forum Member

We use the KAB brand of chairs, our dispatchers are also firefighters on 2 year secondment, so we have all types and sizes come through, we have found these to be the most robust and most comfortable, especially for having a snooze in, they also had the widest range of weight and height functions. I like em (I also like the money in dispatch, I won't be going on the trucks anytime soon.....shhhhhh )

Forum Member

Does any one like leather chairs at work ?

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by comman778 View Post
    Does any one like leather chairs at work ?
    I dont really care for leather chairs. They seem to get a little warm. I am pretty happy with any chair as long as it reclines....a lot

Thread Information