Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Default 911/FIRE/EMS DISPATCHERS TRAINING

I need to find where I can get training information for the training of 911/Fire/EMS dispatchers that have no Fire or EMS experience.

try www.powerphone.com

They have a great training program. I used to be a dispatcher and that's where I got my training. They hold classes all over the US...so its worth a look.

Gee, for a nominal fee, plus travel expenses, I'm available!

MembersZone Subscriber

powerphone.... I'm not too impressed with them. You don't even get a book. At least not the Law Enforcement class I took last year.

I recommend APCO's Virtual Institute. Your dispatchers can learn to be dispatchers online for a fee of course. But cheaper than sending them out. And you get course material.

I also recommend National Acemdeny of EMD, who also has come out with Fire Protocols and are working on Law Enforcement ones. They have a very well designed course with good materials to take back. Very professional.

APCO Training

National Academy of EMD

Check them out.
    Living & Working Hard in Alaska
    http://sewardfire.com

That's strange. I went through all three of Powerphones; police, fire and EMD and got a book everytime.

APCO- NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!

Ive taken two courses from APCO- Basic Telecommunicator and Fire Communications. The BT course was alright- not too bad, but didn't really teach me anything...Fire Communications SUCKED. The instructor was a Sherriff's dispatcher who happened to have some light experience in fire and EMS. By in large, he taught the course with a police slant, and gave no perspective on real world situations. Always taught with a rural slant as well, and gave no considerations to centers who are located in areas with less than 30 minute response times....

Avoid APCO.
    My opinions only.

AGS-SGA 091101

Thread Information