billy
    Firehouse.com Guest

Default computer pump simulator

Who is using computer pump simulators? What are your experiences. Are they better for individual instruction or group settings? Who made your softaware, and the cost?

SHAGMAN
    Firehouse.com Guest

I have been using Fireground Pump Trainer by Simulation Research Corporation for approx. 6 months now. I have used the software on a multi-media projector with groups of 8-12 people at a time. I have not used the program with individual user to this point, but plan to in the future. So far, for less than $100.00 I think we payed for the program, it has been fairly effective. You can program the simulations to suit your own situations which you face in your jurisdiction. I would give the program a thumbs up, however it is not a replacement for hands on training by any stretch of the imagination. I would highly reccomend this program to introduce new operators to pump operations.

Captain Hickman
    Firehouse.com Guest

Haven't had the chance to use one yet, but IFSTA offers a Fireground Pump Trainer on CD and Diskette. Some of the Programs cover: Panel design, Multiple intakes, Water hammer simulation, and Compressed air foam systems. price of program $130-$145.
    www.ifsta.org

------------------

Thread Information