fyrescue
    Firehouse.com Guest

Default data base program

We are looking for a database program to track multiple incidents such as major storms or disasters. We are developing one in Microsoft Access but we are interested in what anyone else may be using. We want something that will log calls in, location, situations, investigation, mitigation, etc.

We want it to be able to bring up a list of locations which are still open. Access has a service contractor's template which is close. Currently we are doing everything hardcopy and want to automate it. What are you using?

Thanks,
    Mike

Mike Linkins
    Firehouse.com Guest

I have developed an Incident Report Application in MS Access 97. E-mail me at mlinkins@gte.net and I will send you a sample.

Tiger
    Firehouse.com Guest

We use Firehouse Software to manage our entire department. It does about 95% of our business for us. For the rest we use common Microsoft Office tools.

Check them out at www.firehousesoftware.com

------------------
    Tiger Schmittendorf
    tiger@onscenemarketing.com
    OnScene Marketing Services
    www.onscenemarketing.com

iwood51
    Firehouse.com Guest

Mike, since you're in Syracuse, you may want to check out Empire Data Group.
    http://www.edgi.com
    They created a software program for the Emergency Services, and have quite a few installs, including Albany FD. I heard rumors that the Emergency Services side of their programming was being bought out by a company in Texas, but I don't know if that happened. If the rumor was true, then they the new website you want is
    http://www.firefile.com
    The contact person is Dick Burke. The program is written is a very powerful database language, although not ODBC compliant (That is Micro$oft programs won't interface directly but can import and export to). The language it is written in is Y2K compliant (versions 4.5 and greater). They did at one time have a downloadable demo.
    Let me know if you need anything further, or if this is a small project, e-mail me and I'll see if I can throw something together for you.

Thread Information