e33
    Firehouse.com Guest

Post New Web Page Help

I am in the process of building a new web page for my rescue co. It is online in Angelfire, but I am a little frustrated with that site not being as flexible as I want. Where can I put my page that will give me alot of space, is free and supports multiple file uploads, or what other options do I have. Thanks.

------------------
    The opinions and views expressed herin are solely mine and not on the behalf of any department or organization I belong to.

morriss
    Firehouse.com Guest

Check with your local internet service provider. They may be willing to "give" you the site. We are an all volunteer company and were given our site. We are not allowed to have outside advertisements, but that is the only restriction.

Steve Paylor
    Firehouse.com Guest

Lightbulb

Check out http://www.Fire-EMS.net/ as an alternative. They generate free sites for departments, but might not as flexible as you like.

If you've got the skills to code your own site, you can get something like 10 MB free from www.geocities.com.

mfgentili
    Firehouse.com Guest

I just put a personal page on GeoCities that Steve mentioned. This was my first attempt and I don't know the first thing about web page building. I just followed the intructions provided. You get 15 MB of space for free and the uploading of images and files to a file manager is fast and easy. You have 2 choices to build your site. You can use templates, page builder wizards, and WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) formatting or you can build a site from scratch if you know HTML. You no doubt know more about computers than I do so if this info is of no value to you, just disregard it. If it helps, I'm glad. Visit my site anyway. Maybe you can give me some pointers. I'm still trying to figure out how to add some music. That's the only thing that's got me stumped so far. www.geocities.com/mfgentili

------------------
    Mike Gentili

Thread Information