Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Adze
    Firehouse.com Guest

Post Preplan software

My company is currently building Preplan software for my FD. I have heard some prices thrown around for Preplan software and was just wondering what other people have heard. Also wondering what their thoughts are on this and if they would find it useful for their FD.

The program is just PrePlans and will be small so you can use it either in the station or from a laptop in a truck. You will be able to share data with surrounding FDs if they have the same software. This will be useful if you are going on a mutual aid so you can that FDs preplans for the fire you are responding to.

So in short...wondering what people's thoughts are and what they think would be a good price.

Chiefws
    Firehouse.com Guest

Thumbs up

MY DEPT. IS USING SOFTWARE FROM A COMPANY CALLED EMERGENCY SOFTWARE PRODUCTS, INC.

I WILL SEND YOU AN E-MAIL WITH SOME LITTERATURE.

cwerner
    Firehouse.com Guest

Smile

You might try Visio. Its relatively inexpensive and has a fire department template add-on for preplans and fireground drawings.

------------------

Adze
    Firehouse.com Guest

> You might try Visio. Its relatively
    > inexpensive and has a fire department
    > template add-on for preplans and
    > fireground drawings.

Do you know who makes the FD stuff? Is it freeware, shareware, or commericialware?

EMT3212
    Firehouse.com Guest

Could you please send me info on preplan software as well? We are looking to update our current software. Thank You

Chief456-2
    Firehouse.com Guest

Visio works real well. We used it to do all of our maps for our map book.

It s great software.

Adze
    Firehouse.com Guest

Yeah, the program we are creating uses VISIO for the maps.

Forum Member

Default Pre-Plan Software

I am a former fire fighter (8+ years as a volunteer) and my neighbor is a Lieutenant with the local department.

They could not afford to purchase any preplan software so my neighbor and I got together and used some standard web development software to make a preplan program.

It turned out pretty good.

I developed websites now and have a version of it published.

We used Visio to make the floor plans, then saved them as a web page.
    Next we created a website using FrontPage 2003 and tied it all together.
    FrontPage 2003 is one of the programs that virtually all companies, cities, towns, etc... use to make their own websites. We chose it just for that reason, the IT department of the companies, cities, towns, etc... should already support it. Also, microsoft supports it and they have 24-7 tech support.

Keep in mind that what ever you end up with there will be a lot of time spent entering the data. The good thing is that once you get it in and BACK IT UP you have it forever!

Updating is usually easy.

Regards,
    Randy Vann
    Last edited by randyvann; 01-07-2008 at 08:17 PM.

Thread Information