Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PDA's

Rescue 21
    Firehouse.com Guest

Question PDA's

Anyone out there using their Palm Pilot or equivalent at work? What programs are you using? Anyone using them for inspections, preplans, EMS?

gcfddata
    Firehouse.com Guest

Trying to convince the boss that it's a good idea. We've been able to get all of our info plus GIS mapping on vehicle laptop which got the info from our office file cabinets to the scene. This has been great, but I feel the next step should be to get what we need to into the incident building.
    RE: EMS We don't do EMS but there appears to be many programs you could use. Most of my info is in MS ACCESS which we could translate into Handibase. But I think we would need an MS based unit with some good horsepower and Ram

Adze
    Firehouse.com Guest

My software company currently has a preplan program that is out in beta testing. We could easily integrate the Palm with it, but because we are swamped with projects we would have to see what the demand is for something like that before we commit the resources to it.

Tcashel
    Firehouse.com Guest

Just started using PDA (palm) Using Handbase 2.75 for creating databases for Fire Code Inspections, Business contact, notes.

Looking or fire hydrant flow testing for the palm.

EMT THOMAS
    Firehouse.com Guest

HOW DID YOUR DEPARTMENT GET TO USE THE PDA'S?MY AMBULANCE CO. WANTS TO GET THESE BUT I WANT TO SEE WHAT I CAN DO TO SPEED UP THE PROSESS. ANY IDEAS?

EMT THOMAS
    Firehouse.com Guest

HOW DID YOUR DEPARTMENT GET TO USE THE PDA'S?MY AMBULANCE CO. WANTS TO GET THESE BUT I WANT TO SEE WHAT I CAN DO TO SPEED UP THE PROSESS. ANY IDEAS?

Chiefws
    Firehouse.com Guest

Talking

My name is Bill Smith and I am a Chief with my Dept. We use a Pen Based Computer for all our inspection work. The files are loaded from the file server to the Pen Computer and it carries the hole property information along with the inspection history. Also our fire code is on the computer. When we make changes to our property information, it updates our pre-plan software. So every time my inspectors do anything to the property it updates. The Pen computers are full computers that use pen software. You write on the screen and it converts your hand writing into type writen. If you would like more information or a demo cd, just e-mail me or visit
    www.emergencysoftware.com

e-mail: Chiefws@aol.com

Thread Information