Forum Member

Default Records Management Software

We are looking for a new records management software system that will encompass almost all functions within the department. Training, Prevention, Maintenance, Personnel etc.
    The only problem is the Inspections code system and the fire reporting module must be able to be fully personalized as we have our own codes and do not use the NFIRES reporting system (Canadian Department).
    We have looked at the big ones, Sunpro, Crysis etc and haven't been all that impressed. Does anyone know of any others that have worked for them?
    IACOJ

Hello Lady:

We bought firesoft and I can only say it sucks. Every time I try to use it I come across another glitch. I've gotten to the point where I have written my own database in MSAccess. It's not fancy but it keps the data I need.
    Brian Johnson
    Assistant Chief
    Okinawa, Japan

You may want to contact FireHouse software out of Florida. Our Fire Dept. just went thru an evaluation process to replace the SunPro Enterprise software we have been using for 5 years. We decided on the FireHouse package. It was the most user friendly. It also allows user defined codes. This may be what you are looking for.

Yep, Firehouse is the one. About the only thing you can't customize is the default data entry screens, but you can create more screens for USER DEFINED FIELDs for stuff you want to add that's not there in the prepackaged program.

You can add your own codes for everything including inspections and NFIRS, select from a boatload of preformatted reports or create your own as well as move the data to other applications such as Excel for other things you might want to do.
    It's only my opinion. I do not speak for any group or organization I belong to or associate with or people I know - especially my employer. If you like it, we can share it, you don't have to give me credit. If you don't, we are allowed to disagree too (but be ready to be challenged, you may be on to something I'm not). That's what makes America great!

Forum Member

Hello Ladycapn
    There is a guy from N.S. that has designed fire software, all I can say for now is his name is Brian Kingsberry from Kentville. I've seen the software at the last Prov.Fire officers meeting It was quite detailed including mapping and dispatch I will post again with more details as I get them .I'm working on an MSaccess DB for my dept. As most software is too general and not user friendly, but like Brian Johnson says it an't pretty but it works.
    J.B.WEIR
    Summerville Vol Fire Dept
    Pride In Service !

We are getting firehouse 5.0. We are using sunpro but we are not happy with it. Jan. 1 2002 we will be using firehouse and can't wait. It is very 'user friendly'.
    Remember one thing, you will never find a software 'just right for your department'(unless you have a software corp. design one for you) BIG BUCKS. Firehouse is around $2000 for the full package and worth it.

I'm currently looking at FHsoftware and also firepoint...any comments on firepoint?
    HELL YEAH!!!
    The comments made by me are just that. Not of the Fire dept or Ambulance squad I am on.

Thread Information