Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Post Help With Computer Problems

I was thinking that it might be a good idea if any of us are new to computers have a problem, they could post it here, and those of us with a bit more experience could attempt to help them out. Might be worth a try. Keep in mind whatever you have done to your computer, dont be embarrassed, Most of us have probably done the same thing before.

Smoke, good idea. As the FD and ambulance squad's "appointed" IT guy, I'd be more than willing to help out with computer problems. Myself and the other IT guy for the ambulance were just figuring out how much we saved the squad by doing the work ourselves (we just installed a network and are working on electronic run reporting)..and it was a Hell of alot..So, if anyone has any questions, just lemme know...I'll try not to laugh too hard We've all been there..even us "pros"

[ 12-28-2001: Message edited by: EFDems841 ]

HELL YEAH!!!
    The comments made by me are just that. Not of the Fire dept or Ambulance squad I am on.

I would love to help with a specialty in macintosh for those that have them. I will try and help with windows 98,2000 with ym limited knowledge.

Richard, I gotlost in Northport 4 New Year's eve's ago..nice town..love the view of the water. Stupid immature cousins giving me wrong directions at 3am...lol
    HELL YEAH!!!
    The comments made by me are just that. Not of the Fire dept or Ambulance squad I am on.

I`m always glad to answer computer questions, or even more so BBS questions. If you don`t understand something about how this place works, I`d be glad to explain, I`ve noticed lots of members don`t even seem to to know how to use things like quotes and stuff.

Anyone using XP having trouble with Open GL?

MembersZone Subscriber

Smoke,

You might want to try and download the latest drivers for your video card. Just go to the manufacturer website and find the drivers download section. (if it is a store bought system like an hp or compaq, you can go to the computer's website and they may have the latest drivers, or at least be able to tell you what kind of video card is in your system). I've also heard that if there isn't any new drivers for XP, you can load windows 2000 drivers and give that a try.

Hope the info helps,

Brian

Thanks BG , I went one better, bought a new video card, problem solved, and much better gaming graphics

Originally posted by Smoke286
    Anyone using XP having trouble with Open GL?
    Even with the new video card you still may want to update your direct x driver to 8.1. IF your a gamer then you'll want to do this. Your fps( frames per second) will improve a great deal with with 8.1. You using just the store bought XP or XP Pro?

I'll agree with all the above on help other out in the IT world. I've got a few MCp's and would be more then happy to help out. I'm running server 2k, server 2k pro, and XP pro all on different systems.

BFD45 got one for you on this BBS board. Why can't we get to our profiles and use a Avatar (a little picture under our user names)?

One last thing for thoes that are slow on shift today this should keep you busy
    Last edited by dewtime; 02-01-2002 at 04:43 PM.

So no one liked the game site i put up on my last post?

dewtime, already had 8.1, but like I said problem is solved now, thanks anyway

Thread Information