Thread: World Of Fire Report: 11-25-01
11-28-2001, 10:45 PM #1
World Of Fire Report: 11-25-01
*** America's Fire Paging Notification Network ***
Local & National reports from pager notification networks around the U.S.
(All times are in Central Standard Time unless otherwise indicated)
Sunday, November 25, 2001
· QUEENS, NY: 75-1169 at 30-08 Dwight Ave x Bay 30/Bay 31 Streets. Fire on the 1st floor of a 3-story frame dwelling 50x50. 1 line in operation. Trucks opening up. [MNS342 IAP]. 12:23a.m.
· QUEENS, NY: 22-1169 *2nd Alarm* at 30-08 Dwight Ave. x Bay 30/Bay 31 Streets. Fire 1st floor of a 3-story frame dwelling – 50x50. B39 is Safety. B51 is Communication Coordinator. [MNS342 IAP]. 12:24a.m.
· Update – QUEENS, NY: 22-1169 *2nd Alarm* at 30-08 Dwight Ave. x Bay 30/Bay 31 Streets. Fire from basement to 2nd floor of a 3-story frame dwelling 50x50. 4 lines stretched out. Correction: B39 is Communication Coordinator. B51 is Safety Coordinator. [MNS342 IAP]. 12:26a.m.
· BRONX, NY: 75-2403 at Leggett Ave x Barry St. Fire in a vacant Factory. 1 line stretched out. [MNS342 IAP]. 12:41a.m.
· Update – QUEENS, NY: 22-1169 at 30-08 Dwight St. x Bay 30/Bay 31 Streets. Bayswater Second of far Rockaway. Fire basement through 2nd floor of a 3-story frame 50x50. D13 reports fire is being knocked down. Trucks are opening up. Primary search negative all floors. [MNS342 IAP]. 12:43a.m.
· Update – QUEENS, NY: 22-1169 at 30-08 Dwight St. x Bay 30/BAY 31 Streets. D13 reports fire is PWH. [MNS342 IAP]. 12:44a.m.
· Working fire – LYNN, MA: Box 713 at 13 Gardiner St. House fire. [TAC9-C105]. 1:13a.m.
· QUEENS, NY: 75-8818 at 107 Ave & 134th St. Fire in a basement of a private dwelling. Additional Engine & Truck special called. [MNS119/154]. 1:28a.m.
· STLFN: JEFFERSON Co., MO: Hematite FPD has a *1st Alarm* for a Mobile Home fire in the area of 324 Cyrus Drive. Move-up has been made. [STL 819]. 2:11a.m.
· STLFN: ST. LOUIS, MO: STLFD has a working Still Alarm for a fire in a house at Park Lane and West Florissant. Pumper 27 reports a 2-story frame with smoke showing. Pumper 27 has now requested the 1st Alarm. [STL 819]. 2:15a.m.
· STLFN: ST. LOUIS, MO: STLFD has a *1st Alarm* for the house fire in the 5600 block of Park Lane b/o Pumper 27A. PUMPERS: 37, 12, 33, 24, HL15, BC806 & 805, Squad-2. [STL 819]. 2:18a.m.
· Update – ST. LOUIS, MO: Update – STLFD’s *1st Alarm* fire in the 5600 block of Park Lane. BC 806 reports fire in the basement and on the 1st floor. 2 lines off. [STL 819]. 2:22a.m.
· STLFN: ST. LOUIS, MO: STLFD has a one-car accident with extrication on River Des Peres south of Chippewa. Originally dispatched as a car fire but the rescue assignment was sent. PUMPERS 31, 36, BC 803 & SQUAD 1. [STL 819]. 2:43a.m.
· STLFN: ST. LOUIS, MO: Update on the MVA on River Des Peres south of Chippewa. BC 803 reports the victim has been released. [STL 819]. 2:49a.m.
· NUTLEY (ESSEX Co.), NJ: *Working fire* 115 East Center Street. Unknown type of building. [EAN318]. 3:35a.m.
· HAMILTION TWP (MERCER Co.), NJ: *Working fire* 363 Linwood Ave. Confirmed working fire. Fire originated back porch – several Companies in service. NFI. [EAN52]. 4:28a.m.
· BALTIMORE Co., MD: *Working fire* Dwelling at 143 Warwick Dr. (Co.#30 – Lutherville VFC). T-1 reports a 1.5-story dwelling with a working attic fire. Working fire dispatch en-route. [DC/BMD/E*23]. 6:25a.m.
· Update – BALTIMORE, MD: Working fire – Dwelling at 143 Warwick Dr. BC-11 reports fire knocked down. [DC/BMD/E*23]. 6:35a.m.
· WYANDANCH (SUFFOLK Co.), NY: Working fire #112 Booker Ave. x Troy Ave. Private dwelling. Chief on scene confirming. Re-tone for manpower. [MNS270]. 7:07a.m.
· BALTIMORE, MD: Dwelling fire in the 500 block N. Robinson St. (Highlandtown). Box Alarm 51-7. BC-1 reporting heavy fire showing from a 2-story occupied building. [MFN-4]. 7:10a.m.
· BALTIMORE, MD (51-7): Working dwelling fire in the 500 block of N. Robinson St. (East Baltimore). BC-1 reports heavy fire in the rear. Reported person trapped on the roof. Working Fire Dispatch en-route. [DC/BMD/E*23]. 7:14a.m.
· MFN-Update: BALTIMORE, MD: Working dwelling fire in the 500 block N. Robinson. (Highlandtown). Reported people on the roof. Command reporting fire 1st & 2nd floors. Several attack line working. [MFN-4]. 7:14a.m.
· MFN-Update – BALTIMORE, MD: Working fire at 524 N. Robinson St. (Highlandtown). BC-1 reporting all occupants out. Fire contained to structure of origin. Neighborhood Services requested. [MFN-4]. 7:24a.m.
· MFN-Fire/Recue: BALTIMORE Co., MD/ MVC with Rescue/ Box 4-83/ South I-83 between Belfast and Mt. Carmel Roads. E442 o/l with 1 van on a guard rail/ 1 person trapped. Ops on TG3-2 [MFN-22]. 7:43a.m.
· Working fire – PROVIDENCE, RI: Fire in an occupied dwelling – now PWH. [TAC9-C304]. 7:46a.m.
· MFN: BALTIMORE, MD: *Working dwelling fire* 830-32 N. Carey St. (Box 8-2). BC-3 (Capt. Ulhorn T-8) reporting heavy fire in the 3rd floor and roof area. [MFN-4]. 7:47a.m.
· DESOTO (JEFFERSON Co.), MO: Desoto City FD is responding to a *1st Alarm* house fire @ 110 E. Kelly St. PD reports person trapped inside. [STL899]. 8:01a.m.
· DESOTO (JEFFERSON Co.), MO: Update – Desoto City FD *1st Alarm* @ 110 E. Kelly Street. Fire in a 2-story residential dwelling – well involved on arrival. 25 year-old male reported trapped inside. [STL899]. 8:04a.m.
· DELAWARE TWP. (HUNTERDON Co.), NJ: (0600hrs EST) *Working fire* on Locktown-Flemington Rd. ¼ mile off Locktown-Sergentsville Rd. Small fire ina 1-story wood frame barn. [EAN44/EAN434]. 8:16a.m.
· MFN-Update: BALTIMORE, MD: *Working fire* 830-32-34 N. Carey Street. BC-3 placing fire under control. Scene of yesterday’s 3rd Alarm. [MFN-4]. 8:32a.m.
· STLFN: O’FALLON (ST. CLAIR Co.), IL: O’Fallon FD on scene of a serious MVA on Simmons Rd. (off Old Collinsville Rd.) Extrication has begun. Vehicle is on it’s side. Patient is critical. [STL 835]. 9:04a.m.
· STLFN: O’FALLON (ST. CLAIR Co.), IL: Update on O’Fallon FD’s serious MVA on Simmons Rd. Patient extricated. Units going back to quarters. *FINAL* [STL 835]. 10:49a.m.
· BROOKLYN, NY: *Working fire* Box 113 @ N. 5th St. & Berry St. Fire in a 2-story brick occupied building. BATT35 requesting EMS for a female burn victim. [EAN2]. 10:58a.m.
· BROOKLYN, NY: All-Hands: Box 113 @ 115A North 5th St. near Berry St. 3-story brick 200x25 occupied multiple dwelling. Fire #1 floor. EMS requested for a female burn victim. DWH. [EAN2]. 11:02a.m.
· Update – BROOKLYN, NY: All Hands – Box 113 @ 115A North 5th St. near Berry St. 3-story brick 200x25 occupied multiple dwelling. Fire #1 floor. BATT35 reports primary search negative fire floor & floor above. This fire is PWH. [EAN2]. 11:05a.m.
· 2nd Alarm – PEABODY, MA: Walker Road “Eastman Gelatin Co.” C69 [TAC9-C33]. 11:22a.m.
· BROOKLYN, NY: 75-113 South 5 SS near Berry St. Fire in a 2-story brick occupied multiple dwelling. Main body of fire knocked down & under control [MNS119]. 11:26a.m.
· Update – 2nd Alarm – PEABODY, MA: Walker Road. Large area of Brush-Middleton & Lynnfield. M/A requested. C69. [TAC9-C33]. 11:34a.m.
· Update – 2nd Alarm - PEABODY MA: Walker Road. Large area of brush. Middleton & Lynnfield M/A requested. *484.6625* C69 [TAC9-C33]. 11:37a.m.
· BRONX, NY: Working fire – Box 2292 at 772 Jackson Ave. Building fire. L42 FAST. [MNS-30]. 12:41p.m.
· BRONX, NY: 75-2292 at 772 Jackson Ave near 156th St. 3-story frame 20x40 with fire 2nd floor. BN-26. [MNS-30]. 12:43p.m.
· BRONX, NY: All Hands at E 156th St. & Jackson Ave. Fire in a 3-story frame. [EAN2]. 12:45p.m.
· Update – BRONX, NY: 75-2292 at 772 Jackson Ave. near 156th St. 3-story frame 20x40 building. Primary searches negative. DIV-6. [MNS-30]. 12:51p.m.
· QUEENS, NY: **FDNY/MVA** 160th St. @ South Rd. L-126 in a MVA. 1 civilian injury. Request EMS. [MNS-30]. 1:53p.m.
· HARDYSTON (SUSSEX Co.), NY: *Brush fire* M/A requested for the large bush off of Silver Grove Rd. Forest Service has several Units going to the fire. Jefferson in on M/A. [EAN7710/EAN388]. 3:22p.m.
· MONROE (GLOUCESTER Co.), NJ: *Structure fire* at 2668 Winslow Rd. Requesting additional Manpower to the scene. [EAN216/3305/EAN3386]. 3:31p.m.
· Working fire – WORCESTER, MA: Box-1429 at 7 Wall St. Occupied 3-story wood frame with fire on the 2nd floor. [TAC9-C67]. 3:56p.m.
· E. VINCENT (CHESTER Co.), PA: 301 Foxtail Lane. *2nd Alarm* dwelling fire. No size-up. M/A from Montgomery Co. to the scene and to cover. [EAN23]. 4:16p.m.
· LOS ANGELES, CA: Greater Alarm @ 1314 S. Ardmore in Koreantown. A 1-story 25x75 laundry mat with heavy smoke showing on arrival. Now have knock down. [FirePage (sm) LA-40]. 4:53p.m.
· EAST QUOGUE (SUFFOLK Co.), NY: Working fire across from #9 Carter Lane near Montauk Highway. P.D. on scene confirming. M/A Hampton Bays 1Engine cover. NFI. [MNS101]. 5:12p.m.
· NEW ORLEANS, LA: *4th Alarm* Banks & S. Scott St. Monas Restaurant. 2-story wood building – gutted. Suspicious fire. [NOLA]. 5:46p.m.
· STLFN: FESTUS (JEFFERSON Co.), MO: Festus FD *2nd Alarm* @ The Festus Fire Department, 212 North Mill St. M/A from Hematite FPD. Unknown if rigs are out of building safely. [STL899]. 6:12p.m.
· STLFN: FESTUS (JEFFERSON Co.), MO: Update – Festus FD’s *2nd Alarm* @ The Festus FD, 212 North Mill St. (Downtown). Fire has been extinguished – disregard 2nd Alarm Companies. [STL899]. 6:22p.m.
· BROOKLYN, NY: *FDNY/MVA* Buffalo @ Lincoln Place. FDNY Engine Co. in a minor MVA. 1 civilian injury. [MNS-30-IAP]. 7:37p.m.
· BRONX, NY: Working fire – Box 264 at 1121 Teller Ave. Building fire. L55 FAST. [MNS-30]. 8:09p.m.
· HASBROUCK HEIGHTS (BERGEN Co.), NJ: Working fire at 261 Cleveland St. off Terrace Ave. Fire in a private dwelling. M/a Truck from Hackensack to scene due to Hasbrouck Heights Ladder being out of service. [EAN388/103/EAN100]. 8:13p.m.
· Update – BRONX, NY: Working fire – Box 2564 at 1121 Teller Ave near 166 St. Using 2 Engines & 2 Trucks. Fire in a 5-story brick 50x100 occupied multiple dwelling. PWH. BN17. [MSN-30]. 8:13p.m.
· Update – HASBROUCK HEIGHTS, NJ: Working fire at 261 Cleveland St. off Terrace Ave. M/A Engine for cover & M/A FAST Team to scene from Moonachie. [EAN388/103/EAN100]. 8:27p.m.
· HASBROUCK HEIGHTS (BERGEN Co.), NJ: *2nd Alarm* 261 Cleveland Ave. Fire in a private dwelling. [EAN388/103/EAN100]. 8:31p.m.
· HASBROUCK HEIGHTS (BERGEN Co.), NJ: *3rd Alarm* fire in the 300 block of Cleveland Ave. 2.5-story building. M/A from Moonachie and Hackensack. [TIP-MNS-490]. 8:47p.m.
· Update – HASBROUCK HEIGHTS, NJ: 2nd Alarm at 261 Cleveland Ave. Main body of fire knocked down & under control. Companies overhauling. [EAN388/103/EAN100]. 8:53p.m.
· BRIDGETON (CUMBERLAND Co.), NJ: Working fire on Laurel Ave. Heavy smoke showing. [EAN3309/EAN100]. 9:07p.m.
· Update – BRIDGETON (CUMBERALND Co.), NJ: *Working fire* at 360 Laurel Lane. Heavy smoke from a dwelling. 3 BLS requested to the scene. [EAN3309/EAN3305]. 9:08p.m.
· BRIDGETON (CUMBERLAND Co.), NJ: 3 Alarm fire at 39 N. Laurel St. Commercial building. M/A from Hopewell & Fairfield Twp. [MNS-490]. 9:13p.m.
· BRONX, NY: Working fire – Box 2262 at 643 Tinton Ave. Fire top floor of an occupied multiple dwelling. L-17 FAST. S/C E60, Truck 29. [MNS-30]. 9:34p.m.
· BRONX, NY: 75-2262 at 643 Tinton Ave. near 152nd St. 5-story brick 75x100 occupied multiple dwelling. Fire top floor. 1 line runs. BN-14. [MNS-30]. 9:38p.m.
· Update – BRONX, NY: 75-2262 at 643 Tinton Ave. near 152nd St. Visible fire knocked down. PWH b/o DIV-6. [MNS-30]. 9:48p.m.
· CHICAGO, IL: Still & Box Alarm fire @ 7933 S. Langley. 2-story flat well involved in rear. [CHGO-1/7]. 10:03p.m.
· BRIDGETON (CUMBERLAND Co.), NJ: 4th Alarm+ on Laurel St. Fire in a Commercial building. Numerous M/A Co.'s on scene. [EAN3309/3305/100]. 10:08p.m.
· BRIDGETON (CUMBERLAND Co.), NJ: *General Alarm* 39 Laurel St. Fire in a large Commercial building. Structural collapse reported. Fire is DWH. NFI. [EAN3309/EAN3305]. 10:11p.m.
· Update - CHICAGO, IL: Still & Box Alarm fire @ 7933 S. Langley. 3-story brick 50x100. 5 lines working. [CHGO-1/7/15/979/CIL-10+]. 10:27p.m.
· BRIDGETON (CUMBERLAND Co.) N.J. **4th-Alarm++** location is North Laurel St. Co.'s have a Warehouse heavily involved with a heavy fire load. Numerous Master streams in service. Extensive M/A to scene. Water problems. Fire is DWH. [EAN STAFF 3305]. 10:28p.m.
· Update - CHICAGO, IL: Still & Box Alarm fire @ 7932 S. Langley has been struck out b/o 2-2-5. [CHGO-1/7/15/223/979/CIL-10+]. 10:30p.m.
· BREWSTER (WESTCHESTER Co.), NY: *Working fire* 40 Main St. Working structure fire. Unknown type building. M/A Ladder to scene from Carmel. [EAN14]. 10:47p.m.
· SILVERTON, OR: 2nd Alarm; 930 N. 2nd #35, Well involved Apartment w/heavy smoke & fire showing. M/A Woodburn & Molalla Fire [FPNW-OR2]. 11:05p.m.
· BREWSTER (PUTNAM Co.), NY: 2nd Alarm Equiv. at 62 Main St. *Downtown* Several M/A Co.'s to scene from 2 counties. No size-up avail. [EAN14/100]. 11:18p.m.
· BREWSTER (PUTNAM Co.), NY: 3rd Alarm at 60-66 Main Street. Taxpayer fire. M/A from Lake Carmel, Mahopac, Shrub Oak, also Courtlandt and Courtlandt Manner (Westchester Co.). Special Call for 2 Tower Ladders from Westchester. [MNS 111/STAFF]. 11:20p.m.
· Update - BREWSTER (PUTNAM CO), NY: *3rd Alarm* at 60-66 Main St. Additional M/A from Yorktown and Yorktown Heights & Westchester. Co.'s being told to "prepare to go to work upon arrival. West Co. Fire Coordinator en-route [MNS 111/STAFF]. 11:24p.m.
· Update - BREWSTER (PUTMAN Co.), NY: 3rd Alarm at 60-66 Main St. 1 story taxpayer. Goldens Bridge and Pound Ridge (West Co.) on move ups. West Co. CAR 1 moving. Additional M/A into Northern Westchester on standby. [MNS 111/STAFF]. 11:28p.m.
· Update - BREWSTER (PUTNAM Co.), NY: 3rd Alarm at 60-66 Main St. 1 sty taxpayer in rear of Metro North Train Station. Special Call for 2 additional Engines and 1 Rescue from Westchester. 5 Lines stretched operating. Setting up Master streams and Tower Ladder. Being hampered by water pressure. EMS from Hudson Valley Hospital being requested. [MNS 111/STAFF] 11:40p.m.
· Update - BRIDGETON (CUMBERLAND Co.), NJ: **4th-Alarm++** on Laurel St. This is a 3-story building big by much bigger. Still have heavy smoke & fire showing. Extensive structural collapse. Reported extension to exposures. Report of explosions in the bldg. Numerous Ladder Pipes and Master streams flowing. [EANSTAFF 3305]. 11:51p.m.
*** REPORT FROM THE WORLD OF FIRE ***
Somers, WI (Kenosha co)
A 49 year old man died in an apartment fire early Sat. morning. Passers- by broke in windows to alert other residents in the apartment to get out due to the fire. The first engine on scene reported heavy black smoke coming from the building. At that time, Command called in for M/A from surrounding depts. Depts on scene were:
Racine Fire Bells
The fire gutted out the apartment where the man lived. The fire was in the 1600 blk of Sheridan Rd in Somers. The call came in at around 0130hrs on the 24th.
Brooklyn, N.Y. 11/25/01 @ 00:30 hrs.
East of Flatbush
address: 654 Lefferts Ave.
between: Albany Ave. & Troy Ave.
1020 @ 00:33
Engs. 234, 249
Lads. 123, 113
10 - 75 - 1020 @ 00:37
Ladder 174 is designated as the "FAST" Truck
Engs. 283, 310
Rescue Co. #2
Squad Co. #252
2 Story Brick 20 x 40 Vacant P. D.
Exp. #1: Is a Street
Exp. #2: Is a Driveway
Exp. #3: Is a Rear Yard
Exp. #4: Is a Similar Type attach
All - Hands:
7 - 5 - 1020 @ 00:40
Batt. 38: Using all - hands for a fire on the 1st. floor of a
vacant 2 story private dwelling. We have 2 - lines stretched,
1 - line is in operation. Searches are in - progress.
Division 15: Primary searches thru out the bldg. are negative.
All visible fire has been extinguished. Fire Still Doubtful.
Division 15: Fire is UnderControl.
Secondary searches thru out are negative.
11/25/01 W/F Independence, MO 1700 N. High St x Fisher/Gilman Working garage fire extended into private dwelling, heavy fire showing on arrival.
Pumpers 1, 4, Truck 1, Quint 6, Rescue 1, Chief 4.
November 25, 2001
The Festus MO Fire Department had a fire at their House # 1 at 212 North Mill Street at 1808 pm. The fire was inside the cab of Engine 6614, 1999 Pierce Dash rescue pumper. The fire gutted the interior of the cab. The fire has not been determined at this time. An investigation is being conducted by the Festus Fire Department and the Festus Police Department. The Festus Fire Department was assisted by Crystal City Fire Department, Dunklin Fire Protection District, and Hematite Fire Protection District. No other pieces of equipment nor was the building damaged by the fire. The Festus Fire Department currently has two engines out of service, Engine 6614 and Engine 6611, a 1975 Ford pumper, due to mechanical problems.
The Jamestown, RI FD homepage
Jamestown Fire Department provides Fire and Rescue services to the Town of Jamestown, on the Island of Conanicut, in Narragansett Bay, between the City of Newport and the Town of North Kingstown.
Town was founded in 1600's.
*** FireNet Group Of The Day: ***
(MNS) METRO NOTIFICATION SERVICE OF NEW YORK CITY
c/o N.Y. Central Radio System
P.O. 790065, Flushing, NY 11379
Office: 718- 416-4030 Fax: 718-416-4125
Out of area: (888) 225-8866
Visit our Web-site: http://www.mnsny.com
We Accept these Major Credit Cards (MC, Visa, Discover, Diners Club) andChex by Phone or Fax.
Dedicated professional & friendly staff of over 40 reporters many of whom have had experience paging Fire, Police, EMS, and other Newsworthy Events in the New York Metropolitan Area for over 10 years.
We cover New York City, Long Island and Downstate New York State on all Working Fires and above, Hazmat Incidents, and other Police and Newsworthy events. Major fires from NJ & New England are offered at no additional charge. Our system is fully customizable, customer can pick and chose
area(s) that they want covered.
We now have the ability to send our service (Especially accurate FDNY information) to your pager, cellphone or any Email address anywhere in the world. For Information, please contact us at the addresses above.
24 Hour Customer Service & Support, Membership in Radio Group available with 4 repeater sites covering entire Metropolitan NYC area.
"The Proof is in the Page where Quality & Correctness always beats Quantity every time!"
Morris J. Torf
Special Thanks to everyone who contributes fire news. ALSO a BIG THANKS to ALL FireNet pager groups who provide St. Louis FireNet with fire info. For a listing of these groups and how you can get a fire pager please e-mail me at:
Box 8 Club of St. Louis Inc.
World Of Fire E-Mail:
SUBSCRIBE TO World Of Fire Daily Report at:
Subscribe via e-mail to: WOF_Reportfirstname.lastname@example.org
View working fires reports & pictures at:
Content Copyright © 1998-2001 - World Of Fire Report. All Rights Reserved
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)