Thread: World Of Fire Report: 11-26-01
11-30-2001, 07:07 AM #1
World Of Fire Report: 11-26-01
*** America's Fire Paging Notification Network ***
Local & National reports from pager notification networks around the U.S.
(All times are in Central Standard Time unless otherwise indicated)
Monday, November 26, 2001
· Update - BREWSTER (PUTNAM Co.), NY: 3rd Alarm at 60-66 Main St. Additional Engine S/C to come in via Marvin St. Multiple lines stretched operating, master streams and TL. Fire starting to darken down. [MNS 111/STAFF]. 12:06a.m.
· TUCKERTON BORO (OCEAN Co.), NJ: **3rd-Alarm** 202 Heron Rd. Co.'s on scene with a fully- involved 1story dwelling. Exposure problems. Ladder Pipes working. Fire is DWH. [EAN STAFF 216 3305]. 12:55a.m.
· FOREST VIEW (COOK Co.), IL: 2nd Alarm @ 4800 S. Harlem. Some type of high-pressure asphalt pipeline involved. S/C foam and Chicago ENG 58 (FIREBOAT). [CHGO-1/7/219]. 1:16a.m.
· BRONX, NY: 22-3399 *2nd Alarm* at 2829 Jerome Ave x Bedford Park Blvd/Paul Ave. Fire in 2 stores of a 1 story brick 75x100 taxpayer. 2nd Alarm on arrival of B27. B18 SAFETY/B15 COMM CORD. L58 FAST. [MNS342 IAP] 3:46a.m.
· MANHATTAN, NY: Working fire – 1231 at 50 E. 96th St. x Madison Ave. fire in a 6-story brick occupied multiple dwelling. L22 FAST. [MNS342 IAP]. 3:54a.m.
· Update – BRONX, NY: 22-3399 *2nd Alarm* correct address to: 80 East Bedford Park Blvd/Jerome Ave. Fire in 2 stores of a 1 sty brick 50x100 taxpayer. 3 lines stretched operating. Trucks opening up. MNS62 [MNS342 IAP]. 3:57a.m.
· MANHATTAN, NY: 75-1231 at 50 E. 96th St. x Madison Ave. Fire on a 1st floor Commercial occupancy in a 6-story brick occupied multiple dwelling 80x75. L22 FAST. Trucks checking upper floors. [MNS342 IAP]. 3:58a.m.
· MANHATTAN, NY: 22-1231 *2nd Alarm* at 50 E96 St. x Madison Ave. Fire in a 1st floor Deli with extension to 2nd floor of a 6 sty brick occupied multiple dwelling 80x75. L22 FAST b/o D3. MNS62 [MNS342 IAP]. 4:24a.m.
· Update – MANHATTAN, NY: 22-1231 *2nd Alarm* at 50 E96 St x Madison Ave. Fire in a 1st floor Deli with extension to 2nd floor of a 6 story brick occupied multiple dwelling 80x75. D3 reports all visible fire extinguished. Minor extension to cellar also & fire is PWH. MNS62 [MNS342 IAP]. 4:39a.m.
· BALTIMORE, MD (13-16): Working fire in a dwelling at Bloom St. & Pennsylvania Ave. / Druid Heights (Northwest of Downtown). BC-3 (Capt. Schaefer E-8) reports a 2-story brick end-of-group with heavy smoke showing. Working Fire Dispatch en-route. [DC/BME/E*23]. 4:40a.m.
· BALTIMORE, MD (13-16): **2nd Alarm b/o BC3** Dwelling at Bloom St & Pennsylvania Ave / Druid Heights (NW of downtown). Have a 3 story end-of-group with heavy smoke conditions. Co.'s making good progress via interior attack. 2nd Alarm to stage. [DC/BMD/E*23]. 5:02a.m.
· MFN-FIRE/EMS: BALTIMORE, MD/ *2nd Alarm Dwelling Fire at Pennsylvania Ave and Bloom St. Box 13-16. Command reported heavy fire showing. Now reporting fire knocked and under control. Box 414 on scene. (MFN4/5/8) [MFN1]. 6:07a.m.
· 3rd Alarm - HYANNIS, MA. on Bearse's Way. Fire in an Apartment complex. Mutual Aid to the scene. *800* [TAC9-C461]. 6:12a.m.
· MFN: ANNE ARUNDEL Co., MD: Dwelling fire with All Hands at 66 Paula St. South at Bruce St. (Chief 27) reporting fire showing. Crews laying extra hose. Mutual Aid from Prince Georges’s County & Howard Co. [MFN-1]. 6:13a.m.
· 4th Alarm - HYANNIS, MA. on Bearse's Way , “Cape Crossroads." Fire in an 3 story Apartment complex. Request for DFS ISU & Red Cross to the scene. PWH. C289/C768 [TAC9-C461]. 6:42a.m.
· STLFN: (Overnite) WELLSTON (ST.LOUIS Co.), MO: Mid-County FPD *2nd Alarm* @ 6305 Isabella. Apartment fire. No size-up heard. NFI. [STL819-vm/899]. 8:36a.m.
· STLFN: ST. LOUIS, MO: STLFD - Hazardous Materials Incident - Pevely Dairy at 1001 S. Grand Blvd. Report of an Ammonia leak. PUMPERS 29, 7, BC802 & The Hazmat Task Force. [STL810]. 9:39a.m.
· STLFN: ST. LOUIS, MO: Update - ST. LOUIS CITY FIRE DEPT’s - Hazardous Materials Incident - Pevely Dairy at 1001 S. Grand Blvd: Situation under control. Hazmat Task Force is going home. [STL810]. 9:47a.m.
· OSCEOLA TWP. (LIVINGSTON Co.), MI: **2nd Alarm Equiv.** 3883 Old Homestead x Fisher. Working fire in a single-family dwelling. Howell FD on scene. Mutual Aid from Brighton Area FD & Hartland FD. [FNNM-755]. 11:49a.m.
· SHARPSBURG, NC (NASH, S of Rocky Mount) *2nd Alarm equiv* 3803 S. Church St, Hwy 301, at "Fontaine's Fifth Wheel". Commercial MFG building fire. Had heavy smoke showing on arrival. Mutual Aid from 4 area Depts & EMS. Fire U/C. [CFP762/763/7921*702]. 12:09p.m.
· BERLIN TWP. (ST.CLAIR Co.), MI: **2nd Alm Equiv** 15387 Schultz Rd x Capac Rd. Working fire in a single-family dwelling, Fully involved. Automatic M/A from Capac & Almont FD's. [FNNM-646,1062,1100]. 12:16p.m.
· SUMMIT Co., CO: 2nd Alarm for the structure fire at the Union Creek Building at Copper Mountain Ski Resort. All units working. [MNN001/236]. 12:43p.m.
· Update – BROOKLYN, NY: All Hands – Box 2446 @ Flatbush Ave & Farragut Rd. 3-story brick 40x60. Fire top floor. FD reports primary searches top floor negative. This fire is PWH. [EAN100/EAN2]. 1:34p.m.
· Working fire – NEWBOURGH (ORANGE Co.), NY: 116 Stewart Ave. Fire in a private dwelling. M/A 2 towns to scene. EMS requested. Medevac for an injury. [MNS119/12]. 2:02p.m.
· HILLSIDE (UNION Co.), NJ: *2nd Alarm* fire at 563 Rt. 22 West. Fire in a Commercial building. [EAN301*EAN503]. 2:34p.m.
· Update – HILLSIDE (UNION Co.), NJ: *2nd Alarm* fire at 553 Rt.22 West. M/A from Elizabeth to the scene. Fire in a Commercial building. Unknown size-up at this time. [EAN301-EAN503]. 2:41p.m.
· SUSSEX BORO (SUSSEX Co.), NJ: *Working fire* on Main St. at “Boro Hall.” An electrical fire. Sussex County Fire Marshal to respond. [EAN14]. 2:46p.m.
· Update – HILLSIDE (UNION Co.), NJ: *2nd Alarm* 553 Rt. 22 West. Fire is knocked down & Companies are overhauling. [EAN301/503]. 2:49p.m.
· BROOKLYN, NY: Building collapse – FDNY Box 966 @ Bedford Ave. & Lexington Ave. Partial collapse of the rear of a vacant building. [CWRNY3312*EAN2]. 2:58p.m.
· HOWELL (MONMOUTH Co.), NJ: *Junkyard Fire* Blewletts Junkyard on Herbertsville Rd. Reported explosion with fire & entrapment. Smoke visible for miles. 2 Fire Companies working. [EAN27 EAN3305/100/503]. 3:11p.m.
· Update – HOWELL (MONMOUTH Co.), NJ: *Working fire* at Blewett’s Junkyard off Herbertsville Road. Command reporting fire knocked down. Additional M/A from Brick requested. NJFFS also on scene. No injuries reported at this time. [EANSTAFF/EAN27]. 3:41p.m.
· TEANECK (BERGEN Co.), NJ: **2nd Alarm** 662 Bryant Ave. Fire 2nd floor with extension to the attic of a 2.5-story private dwelling. [EAN301]. 4:05p.m.
· Update – TEANECK (BERGEN Co.), NJ: **2nd Alarm** 662 Bryant Ave. 2 lines working. Companies making good progress and beginning to overhaul. [EAN402*18*EAN301]. 4:25p.m.
· NEWPORT (CARTERET Co.), NC: **4th Alarm Equiv.* Atlantic Auto Salvage on Hwy 70. Multi vehicles & woods fire. Ongoing for several hours. S/C for Tankers & Foam. M/A from 13 area FD’s & Forestry Service. [CFP915*702]. 5:06p.m.
· MARSHALTON (NEW CASTLE Co.), DE: 2109 Oak St. Working Trailer fire. Units on scene report a house trailer well off with power lines down on the roadway. [EAN23]. 5:11p.m.
· 2nd Alarm – WISCASSET, ME: off Route 1 at the “Maine Yankee Nuclear Power Plant.” Fire in a Chemical Lab. M/A en-route. C603 [TAC9-C461]. 5:21p.m.
· PEOOSAUKEN (CAMDEN Co.), NJ: *Working fire* at 3819 Marlton Park. Ladder 3 from Camden special called as FAST Truck. Cascade from Cherry Hill Special called as well. Companies in service with a 2-story row of homes. 2 lines in service. Medium smoke thru the roof and DIV-A. [EAN3305]. 5:21p.m.
· Working fire – WISCASSET, ME: off Route 1 at the “Maine Yankee Nuclear Power Plant.” Fire in a Chemical lab. M/A en-route. C603. [TAC9-C461]. 5:22p.m.
· MFN: WICOMICO Co., MD: Serious MVC on Rt.13 in Salisbury. Command reports a Tractor-trailer vs. car. DOA pinned in the car. State Highway en-route. [MFN-1]. 6:16p.m.
· Incident Command – CHANDLER, AZ: 2nd Alarm structure at 400 East Ray Road. Lumber piles and Propane tank with exposure to Mobile Homes. 80+ Firefighters from 5 Depts. [ICP-AZ,719m]. 6:20p.m.
· BIRDSBORO, PA: Working fire – 1117 Cocalico Rd. Dwelling fire. [PA33//EAN10]. 6:28p.m.
· MFN: HARFORD Co., MD: Rescue Box 212 at 230 North Philadelphia Blvd. Command reporting a working rescue. [MFN-1]. 6:41p.m.
· S. BLOOMING GROVE (ORANGE Co.), NY: **2nd Alarm** Equiv. at 7 Fort Worth Place. Structure fire. M/A 2 Engines, 1 Tanker & FAST Team to the scene. 1 Engine for cover. [EAN100]. 7:54p.m.
· STLFN: ST. LOUIS, MO: STLFD *1st Alarm* @ 4522 Morganford x Taft. Heavy smoke/fire showing from a 2-story brick house. 1 line off. PUMPERS: 36-32-19-4, HL4, BC804/803, SQ1. [STL899]. 7:56p.m.
· *Working fire* PROSPECT PARK (PASSAIC Co.), NJ: 312 North 8th St. Visible fire #2 floor of an unknown type structure. Sprinkler activation. [EAN322]. 8:01p.m.
· STLFN: ST. LOUIS, MO: Update – STLFD’s *1st Alarm* @ 4522 Morganford x Taft. Fire in the basement of a 2-story brick dwelling. Fire knocked down & under control. Primary searches negative. Strike out the 1st Alarm. [STL899]. 8:06p.m.
· BROOKLYN, NY: Working fire – Box 3803 at 2183 Van Brunt St. near Sebring St. Using 2 Engines, 2 Trucks. Basement fire in a 20x40, 2-story brick. 1 line runs. No Special Units. Return FAST Truck. L122. BN-32 [MNS-30]. 8:45p.m.
· BROOKLYN, NY: Working fire – Box 1685 on Gaston Blvd. near Belmont. 2-story frame Commercial. [MNS-30]. 9:08p.m.
· BROOKLYN, NY: *FDNY/MVA* Liberty & Julius. E232 in a MVA. Request EMS for injured civilian. [MNS-30]. 9:10p.m.
· BROOKLYN, NY: 75-1685 on Stone Ave (aka Gaston Blvd) near Belmont. Fire 2nd floor of a 2-story frame commercial. BN-44. [MNS-30]. 9:13p.m.
· MFN: BALTIMORE, MD: *WFD Sounded on the dwelling fire at 3012 Westwood Ave. near Rosedale St. Command reporting heavy fire showing. Possibly through the roof. Working fire on arrival. [MFN-1]. 9:15p.m.
· Update – BROOKLYN, NY: 75-1685 AT 425 Gaston Blvd near Belmont. 2-story frame vacant/Commercial 30x70. 3 lines run. Fire 2nd floor. L-175 FAST. BN-44. [MNS-30]. 9:18p.m.
· MFN-Update: BALTIMORE, MD: *Working Fire Dispatch* Dwelling fire at 3012 Westwood Ave. Command advising they have heavy fire. Multiple interior lines working at this time. At least *1* injured Firefighter reported. [MFN-1]. 9:26p.m.
· BALTIMORE, MD: Dwelling fire 3600 Duvall Ave. (Box 40-16). Command reporting heavy fire showing. [MFN-1]. 9:51p.m.
· BALTIMORE, MD (40-16): Dwelling in the 3600 block Duvall Ave. Forest Park (Northwest Baltimore). T-12 reports a 3-story wood frame with heavy fire 1st floor. Air Cascade 2 en-route. [DC/BMD/E*23]. 9:53p.m.
· NORTH LINDENHURST (SUFFOLK Co.), NY: Working fire at the Taco Bell, 280 Montaulk Hwy x South Bay. 1-11-31 using 1-1 for a grease fire. Calling for a Full Alarm Assignment. NFI. [MNS 337]. 10:04p.m.
· Update – BALTIMORE, MD (40-16) *Vacant dwelling fire* at 3600 Duvall Ave. BC-2 (Canter) reports a 3-story vacant wood frame with heavy fire 1st floor with extension to the 2nd floor. Have one squatter with 2nd & 3rd degree burns to hands & knees. Working Fire Dispatch, 2nd Medic & FID en-route. [DC/BMD/E*23]. 10:08p.m.
· Update - BALTIMORE, MD (40-16) *Vacant dwelling fire* at 3600 Duvall Ave. BC-2 requests 1 additional Engine and Truck to assist with extensive overhaul due to fire in the walls. Bulk of fire knocked down. E-44 & T-29 en-route. M-14 transporting 1 civilian to Bayview Burn Center. [DC/BME/*23]. 10:26p.m.
· STLFN: ST. LOUIS, MO: STLFD *1st Alarm* @ 1316 Union x Bartmer. Heavy fire in an Apartment building. 1 line off. PUMPERS: 13-28-30-24, HL15, BC805/806, SQD-2. [STL899]. 11:51p.m.
· STLFN: ST. LOUIS, MO: STLFD *1st Alarm* @ 1316 Union x Bartmer. Heavy fire in an Apartment building. 1 line off. PUMPERS: 13-28-30-24, HL15, BC805/806, SQD-2. [STL899]. 11:51p.m.
NEFNN CONNECTICUT FIRE LOG ( http://www.nefnn.com )
-by Scott Harris.
1726 ACW MANSFIELD CONN 118 Warrenville Rd shed fire
1753 W/F+ TRUMBULL CONN (Long Hill District) 5 Cedar Hill Dr 1.5-story brick private dwelling - cellar fire - (4) firefighters transported to hospital (all reported stable) 6-engines, 1-ladder, 1-rescue
1942 W/F HARTFORD CONN Box 417 184-1/2 Ward St "Frog Hollow" occupied 2.5-story frame - fire floor #1 with (1) civilian injury
2144 W/F+ EAST HAMPTON CONN 5 East High St commercial building (carpet store) mutual aid engine & tanker to the fire
2235 W/F KILLINGLY CONN 102 Halls Hill Rd structural fire
1416 W/F WALLINGFORD CONN 181 Pond Hill Rd building fire
1515 W/F GLASTONBURY CONN 225 Cedar Ridge Terrace 2.5-story frame - fire floor #2
1539 W/F HAMDEN CONN 45 Dawes Ave 2-story frame single family dwelling
2349 W/F HARTFORD CONN Box 829 20 Harper St "North End" 3-story OMD fire floor #1
0740 W/F NEW HAVEN CONN Box 129 85 Morris St 3-car garage on fire
1052 W/F+ HARTFORD CONN Box 544 10 Olds Place "South End" vacant 2.5-story duplex - heavy fire thru the roof - special call 2 add'l engines & rehab unit - exterior ops
1246 W/F HARTFORD CONN Box 748 84 Pembroke St "Upper Albany" 2.5-story frame dwelling - heavy smoke/fire floor #2 - special call add'l engine over the W/F
1047 W/F MONTVILLE CONN 23 Scenic Dr partition fire in a private dwelling
1110 2nd ALM HARTFORD CONN Box 2715 153 Market St (downtown) hi-rise building under renovation (former G.Fox Dept Store) - fire in the elevator shaft with difficult access [8-engines, 3-ladders, Tac-1)
1725 W/F HARTFORD CONN Box 472 3 Lawrence St (corner of Ward St) "Frog Hollow" occupied 3-story brick - fire showing floor #1
*** REPORT FROM THE LINE OF FIRE ***
Buffalo, N.Y. 14:45 Working fire at 226 Monroe. Heavy smoke showing from the attic of a 2 1/2 story frame. Engines 3, 32, 18, trucks 11, 5 and 2.
Buffalo, N.Y. 22:45 Working fire at 18 Rother. Smoke showing from a 2 1/2 story frame. Engines 22, 18, 3, trucks 11, 14 and 5.
Buffalo, N.Y. 00:01 Working fire at 49 Houghton. Fire showing from the second floor of a 1 1/2 story frame. Engines 22, 18, 3, trucks 11, 14 and 5.
Buffalo, N.Y. 23:15 Working fire at 44 Rother. Heavy fire showing from a 2 1/2 story frame. Engines 22, 18, 33, trucks 11, 14 and 6.
Buffalo, N.Y. 04:20 Working fire at Masten and Riley. Fire on the first floor of a 2 1/2 story frame. Engines 21, 37, 18, trucks 6, 4 and 9. At 04:24 an additional engine (2) and truck (7) were requested.
Buffalo, N.Y. 16:37 Working fire at 187 Stanislaus. Fire showing from the second floor of a 1 1/2 story frame. Engines 18, 22, 33, trucks 11, 14 and 5.
Buffalo, N.Y. 19:17 Working fire at Broadway and Rother. Heavy fire showing from a 2 1/2 story frame. Engines 22, 18, 33, trucks 11, 14 and 6.
Buffalo, N.Y. 00:41 Working fire at 104 Miller. Smoke showing from a 2 story, brick. Engines 22, 31, 18, trucks 11, 14 and 6. At 00:50 two additional engines (33,28) and a truck (5) were requested.
CINCINNATI FIRE DIVISION
Media Contact: District Chief David Collini
ADDRESS OF INCIDENT: 120 Malvern Place
DATE: November 26, 2001
Good morning. This is District 2 Fire Chief Gary Scott reporting on a 1-alarm fire which occurred at 120 Malvern Place. Fire companies were dispatched at 10:12am to a report of a building on fire.
Upon arrival, fire personnel reported a working fire on the 1st floor, in a rear bedroom (apartment #6). This building is a 3-story multi-dwelling. The fire was quickly brought under control. The fire was confined to the rear bedroom. A primary search of the entire building was conducted; the building was found to be all-clear of occupants. A smoke detector was present in the apartment and sounding.
A fire investigator was called to the scene. At this time, the fire cause is undetermined pending further investigation. The estimated fire loss was set at $5,000. There were no injuries to civilians or fire personnel.
Fire personnel are still on the scene as this media release is being sent out. For further information concerning this incident you can contact District 1 Fire Chief David Collini at 352-2311
11/26/01 1244hrs W/F+ Kansas City, MO 1601 E37 St x Wayne/Highland Heavy smoke showing from a 2.5-sty private dwelling, FFs rescued 2-yr old boy 10-45 Code 2 from 2nd flr bedroom, heavy damage to bldg of origin, extension to adjacent private dwelling.
Pumpers 10, 17, 18, Truck 5, Rescues 11, 31, Car 104.
Kenosha, Wi (Kenosha Co)
At around 2:00pm, Kenosha fire Dept was dispatched to the 1800blk of 45th St in the city of Kenosha. Upon arrival, the first engine on scene reported the fire. It was a stubborn fire. One firefighter was injured fighting the fire, he was taken to the hospital with chest pains. All the firefighters got worked got there but's beat, fighting the beast. Kenosha had four engines, two paramedic units, and a ladder truck ans five staff officers. Rehab was also called to this fire.
BALTIMORE, MARYLAND FIRE HISTORY: NOVEMBER 26TH
***BALTIMORE, MARYLAND FIRE HISTORY***
for November 26th:
1968: 4 Alarms - Box#8924 - 2512-2516 Talbot Rd - Windsor Hills (Northwest Of Downtown) - Fire involved the 3 story brick Gwynnwood Apartments, which had 19 occupied apartments in it - @ 2512, 3 of the 7 apartments were gutted out - @ 2514, 6 apartments were gutted out & fire went through the roof - @ 2516, there were 6 apartments & they were heavily damaged by smoke & water - 2 women were injured in the fire & taken to the hospital by Ambulance #8 - A dog was found dead on the 3rd floor of 2512 - The rear of the building was about 100' high - The Captains of E's 17, 25, & 40, & a Firefighter of T-10 was injured - A special call was made to Baltimore County for Air Unit 328 from the Pikesville VFC, as Baltimore City Air Cascade 1 broke down. (CHM1*TUH)
1969: E-57 & T-28 were temporarily relocated to the U. S. Coast Guard Fire Station, Curtis Bay (South Baltimore), due to the closing & repairing of the Pennington Ave drawbridge over Curtis Creek - E-27 was relocated to the quarters of E-57, to run as E-57 in the Code of Fire Alarm Signals - The bridge was reopened on 2/10/70, & the arrangement terminated. (TUH)
1970: 4 Alarms - Box#8632 - 5914-5920 York Rd & 440-446 E Belvedere Ave - Govans (North Baltimore) - Fire involved 8 stores. (CHM1)
1976: 3 Alarms - Box#8848 - 0943hrs - 4404 Old York Rd - Govans (North Baltimore) - Fire involved a 3.5 story woodframe storefront - Flames were shooting out of the ground floor grocery & seafood store, with 3 apartments above - The 10' tongues of fire were scorching parked cars & the adjacent dwelling, plus billowing clouds of thick smoke - Acting BC-9, Henry O. Heaps, Captain E-44, radioed for the 2nd alarm @ 0949hrs & the 3rd alarm @ 1002hrs - The store owner had climbed up on the balcony in front of the burning house & rescued a 5 year old child, pulling her down to safety before firefighters arrived - 2 other boys were taken off the back porch by their mother, a clerk in the grocery store. (TUH)
1976: 5 Alarms + Special Call 1 Engine(28) - Box#8527 - 1412hrs - 817 W University Pkwy - Roland Park (North Baltimore) - The same firefighters had just finished mopping up the preceeding blaze & were already exhausted, when fire was reported @ the Roland Park Country School - Neighbors had noticed smoke curling upward for about 20 minutes, but thought it was a crew of workmen burning leaves during the Thanksgiving Holiday break - Now mushrooming flames had control of the pre-cast concrete 3 story building, containing an auditorium & several classrooms - Acting BC-9, Henry O. Heaps, Captain E-44, radioed for the 3rd alarm @ 1418hrs when flames & black smoke shot high over the roof top - Despite the many problems faced by firefighters, it appeared that the fire was subsiding, & after 40 minutes only light smoke was still issuing from the schoolhouse - Suddenly, the entire roof collapsed in 1 piece amid a great outpouring of smoke & shooting flames - Shouting firefighters were driven back outside to safety, & luckily nobody was trapped inside - It was surmised that the intense fire had built up tremendous heat in the space between the roof & drop ceiling, pulling the supporting beams out of the walls, causing the collapse - DC Edward J. Schneider, who was on the 2nd floor stairway @ the time, turned & ran - Once outside he radioed for the 4th alarm @ 1505hrs & Chief Deputy Herbert W. Catterton ordered the 5th alarm @ 1515hrs plus a special call for E-28 - The added manpower with their hoselines brought the fire under control 15 minutes later - Only the concrete walls, now split by cracks from the ground to the roof, were left of the C. Markland Kelly Wing of the exclusive all girl private school - A similar fire after midnight on 6/4/1947 caused 5 alarms to be sounded when flames leveled the woodframe-stucco schoolhouse. (TUH)
1988: 2 Alarms - Box#1934 - 0334hrs - 115 S Haven St - Highlandtown (East Baltimore) - Fire involved the Square Construction Company. (TGA)
George T. Ehrman
Click here: Missouri State Highway Patrol
If you interested in that 10-50 or MVA or bad traffic crash you saw blocking the highway. Check out the website here. Just click on the Traffic Crash area and it will give you the info on all of the crash reports in the state of Missouri by Troop. Then be sure to check out then links to all of the other 49 State Police sights. Lots of 411 here.
*** FireNet Group Of The Day: ***
The PPS FireNetwork (Dennis Jansen) can be reached at 201 368-8863.
Our web Address is PPSNETWORK.com .
Our E-mail address is PPSCommand@aol.com .
Our carrier is Paging Partners.
We cover New Jersey fires,recues,serious EMS, Haz-mat,and police incidents.. New York City all hands and above fires. New York state Rockland and Westchester fires. We also broadcast weather and traffic alerts for Northern NJ.
Special Thanks to everyone who contributes fire news. ALSO a BIG THANKS to ALL FireNet pager groups who provide St. Louis FireNet with fire info. For a listing of these groups and how you can get a fire pager please e-mail me at:
Box 8 Club of St. Louis Inc.
World Of Fire E-Mail:
SUBSCRIBE TO World Of Fire Daily Report at:
Subscribe via e-mail to: WOF_Reportfirstname.lastname@example.org
View working fires reports & pictures at:
Content Copyright © 1998-2001 - World Of Fire Report. All Rights Reserved
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)